PDA

View Full Version : where can I get poblano peppers in calgary?

nonlinear
01-24-2010, 07:43 PM
want to make some chiles rellenos. anyone know where i can find these? thanks :thumbsup:

rookie101
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Strangely enough I've found Sobeys to be the best bet for this kind of thing. The first time I made Mole from scratch I drove all over town looking for the peppers I needed just to find later that Sobeys two blocks from my house had them.

Now they don't always have them in stock, but I have seen both the fresh and dried there from time to time.

Kritafo
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Yup Sobey's has them off and on, and so does the farmers market.

What recipe are you using ...love Chiles Rellenos.

Curious to know rookie101's mole recipe. I have tried a few but never found one that was outstanding.

xxxazntigerxx
01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
luckys and 88 viet supermarkets

nonlinear
01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo

What recipe are you using ...love Chiles Rellenos.

not sure yet, but no doubt something from one of my Bayless books.

Originally posted by Kritafo

Curious to know rookie101's mole recipe. I have tried a few but never found one that was outstanding.

i used to really like mole as a kid, when it was still sort of a novelty for me, but i've grown bored with it so I don't really eat it anymore. however, this makes a surprisingly quality mole sauce:

http://www.jnfoods.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/donamariamole.jpg

Kritafo
01-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

not sure yet, but no doubt something from one of my Bayless books.

i used to really like mole as a kid, when it was still sort of a novelty for me, but i've grown bored with it so I don't really eat it anymore. however, this makes a surprisingly quality mole sauce:

http://www.jnfoods.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/donamariamole.jpg

That is too funny it's the only mole I buy from the states to bring home. I buy about 12 my kids still really like Mole I got tired of bring home Mexican chocolate rounds to make from scratch.

RY213
01-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Ive seen them at Boca Loca on 11 Street, just off 17th Ave SW...