PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour dentist?

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:13 PM
I've been trying to wait until my appt on friday to go to the dentist to have a couple teeth pulled but the pain is so hard and so sharp it's shooting through my torso i can't move my shoulder or my arm, its just really fucking bad. i dont have any pain killers the dentist gave me t3's even though i told him they dont work (which they dont) and wanted percaset or oxycotin but he wouldn't prescribe so right now im frantically trying to find pain killers or a dentist that will pull teeth right now, google isn't coming up with anything.

G-Suede
01-24-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.petradental.com/contact.html

Don't know the guy from a hole in the wall, but you might want to give them a call.

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I already called them and 4 other places. The dentists dont work sundays, they just have an emercy line for consultations/bookings.

G-Suede
01-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Here's another one:

http://www.beaconhilldental.ca/contact_information/

24 Hour Emergency Dental Answering. Please call (403)295-1182.

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede
Here's another one:

http://www.beaconhilldental.ca/contact_information/

same thing as above. there is no dentist i've found that works on a sunday.

if anybody has painkillers pm me please

G-Suede
01-24-2010, 08:21 PM
This one states after hours available:

http://www.advantagedentalcentre.ca/

TomcoPDR
01-24-2010, 08:24 PM
:hijack: this just sounds painful :(

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
This one states after hours available:

http://www.advantagedentalcentre.ca/ Nobody answering the phones called twice.

Will a bag of pot get rid of pain? Pain that is as extreme as tooth pain? Because t3's and t4's are useless, I can chew up 6 t4's at once and it wont do anything.

BigShow
01-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Can you go here:

Sheldon M Chumir Health Centre - Urgent Care
1213 4 St Sw
Calgary, AB T2R 0X7
(403) 955-6200

for some kind of pain killers?

G-Suede
01-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I doubt pot would help...whisky would probably be a better bet. Perhaps some topical anaesthetic gel from the pharmacy would work if it's an exposed cavity.

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:32 PM
They prescribed T3's at all 4 walkin clinics and the ER prescribed me t4's. I filled out a prescription for both, about 1.5 hour ago i ate some food and took 4 t4's and nothing happened except the pain got worse.

A few years ago I had pain this bad, and a friend gave me a few Percaset pills, I used one and had ZERO pain at all, and they lasted me the two days I had to wait for a dentist.

I wish I still had some

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
01-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by TDFTW
Nobody answering the phones called twice.

Will a bag of pot get rid of pain? Pain that is as extreme as tooth pain? Because t3's and t4's are useless, I can chew up 6 t4's at once and it wont do anything.

No, don't smoke weed, I felt it amplified the feelings when I had similar problems.

I hope I don't sound crazy, but get yourself some cocaine and rub it around the tooth, it should help numb the area. But it probably wont be good for already infected teeth.

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:33 PM
I doubt pot would help...whisky would probably be a better bet. Perhaps some topical anaesthetic gel from the pharmacy would work it it's an exposed cavity. it's an infected pulp which has drained past the gums into the base of my jaw and is currently collecting. my right side of my face is swollen , sore to the touch

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

No, don't smoke weed, I felt it amplified the feelings when I had similar problems.

I hope I don't sound crazy, but get yourself some cocaine and rub it around the tooth, it should help numb the area. But it probably wont be good for already infected teeth. I don't know who I would even begin to call for cocaine, I actually don't think I want to try that idea either.

dj_rice
01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
I feel your pain man, when I had my tooth problem, I let it go on avoiding the dentist, to the point where I would cry at night cause the pain was unbearable. Even drinking cold water hurt like hell. I'm a pretty big guy and for tooth pain to make me cry, thats a biggie. Hope you get some quick results man.

G-Suede
01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Dude, you can't leave that shit...the infection can spread to other parts of your body, then you'll really be in a mess. You're going to need antibiotics and extractions asap.

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I feel your pain man, when I had my tooth problem, I let it go on avoiding the dentist, to the point where I would cry at night cause the pain was unbearable. Even drinking cold water hurt like hell. I'm a pretty big guy and for tooth pain to make me cry, thats a biggie. Hope you get some quick results man. Finally somebody who knows the pain lol!

I'm pretty big dude too, physical pain does NOT make me cry at all one bit. This tooth infection brings me to my knees like a fucking baby and there isn't nothing I can do about it!

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Dude, you can't leave that shit...the infection can spread to other parts of your body, then you'll really be in a mess. You're going to need antibiotics and extractions asap. Yeah I know that bro, but nothing is open right now to take care of me. I had an appointment for a dentist on friday that I always go to , but thats a whole 5 days away. If I had painkillers I could wait it out, but I don't.

G-Suede
01-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Send VWEvo a PM, he's a dentist and a good guy. If he can't do it maybe he can have one of his associates look after it:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=199324

Originally posted by VWEvo
I have two clinics;

NW Calgary- Ranchlands Dental (403)239-5212
NE Calgary - Discover Dental (403) 285-0222

Request that you have your appointment booked with Dr. Dhesi

Hope that helps,

Volinder

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
I appreciate the help gsuede, thanks for searching for me!

ExtraSlow
01-24-2010, 09:20 PM
At the very least, you shouldn't have to wait till Friday. Most dentists set aside one or two slots a day for "emergency" patients.
If yours doesn't, Call around. You should be in by Tuesday at the latest.

dj_rice
01-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Finally somebody who knows the pain lol!

I'm pretty big dude too, physical pain does NOT make me cry at all one bit. This tooth infection brings me to my knees like a fucking baby and there isn't nothing I can do about it!

Ya man, when I was going through it, pretty sure mine wasn't as bad as what your going through, mine was a cavity from the inside of the tooth with a big hole and exposing the nerves, so cold water/hot water drinking was horrendous, and the pain would happen randomly, and it would pulsate and spread from the source to the whole mouth and body. It sucked hardcore, many sleepless nights man. Some days I would resort to physical pain to overcome the tooth pain, as in pushing on the tooth as hard as I could. Temporary fix.

iamchris
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Try these guys..

http://www.askdentalclinic.ca/

They're open on Sundays. The last time I had a major toothache they got me in the same day or the next day.

bignerd
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
If your normal dentist is making you wait when you are in that amount of pain you need to find a new dentist.

I am sure the clinics and ER are all leery of prescribing you percocet or anything hardcore as they probably always have the thought in the back of their heads that you are a druggie looking for a high.

Hopefully you find someone Monday morning asap.

The_Rural_Juror
01-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Somebody has bad oral hygiene. (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/261860/dentists/)

Also here. (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270054&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2)

Skyline_Addict
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
funny you mention this, I recently had immense tooth pain the the upper right corner of my mouth...

it didn't 'spread' to other parts of my body, but was definetely incapacitating in itself. my toothache had seemed to be related to a sinus infection/block I was having, as the pain subsided as other sinus symptoms subsided (cheek pains, ear pains). i found that the pain was much greater at the night than during the day, which is why I was able to go to work for all but one day, during this ordeal....maybe a sinus infection is causing the pain? this is a less known, but relatively common symptom of a sinus infection.

after the G.P didn't prescribe me anything, I called a sedation dentist (Arbour Lake Dental) for an appointment and they got me in the same day. I was able to get a prescription for the pain, 500mg Novamoxin. Complimenting the tylenol and ibuprofen I had been taking for the first 2-3 days before (which did nothing), I noticed the pain substancially subside after a full day's cycle of ingesting the antibiotics.

it has been about a week since I first started noticing pain, and all that's left is a little soreness if I put pressure in that area, but not the excruciating and constant pain from before.

i'm sorry I can't offer any useful advise on dentists which are open 24/7, but i do hope you get better. it's definetely pain which can 'bring a grown man to his knees'.

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Also here. (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270054&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2) Abscess teeth can happen to anybody, as well as chipping. Chipping is what caused my tooth to be in the condition its in now. Once a tooth is chipped there is nothing you can do to prevent an infection aside from trying to maintain it or spend a ton of money getting it fixed

TDFTW
01-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
funny you mention this, I recently had immense tooth pain the the upper right corner of my mouth...

it didn't 'spread' to other parts of my body, but was definetely incapacitating in itself. my toothache had seemed to be related to a sinus infection/block I was having, as the pain subsided as other sinus symptoms subsided (cheek pains, ear pains). i found that the pain was much greater at the night than during the day, which is why I was able to go to work for all but one day, during this ordeal....maybe a sinus infection is causing the pain? this is a less known, but relatively common symptom of a sinus infection.

after the G.P didn't prescribe me anything, I called a sedation dentist (Arbour Lake Dental) for an appointment and they got me in the same day. I was able to get a prescription for the pain, 500mg Novamoxin. Complimenting the tylenol and ibuprofen I had been taking for the first 2-3 days before (which did nothing), I noticed the pain substancially subside after a full day's cycle of ingesting the antibiotics.

it has been about a week since I first started noticing pain, and all that's left is a little soreness if I put pressure in that area, but not the excruciating and constant pain from before.

i'm sorry I can't offer any useful advise on dentists which are open 24/7, but i do hope you get better. it's definetely pain which can 'bring a grown man to his knees'. The body has wierd ways of letting you know when it's upset! The way pain comes and how much that pain hurts is pretty incredible.

Skyline_Addict
01-24-2010, 10:14 PM
The body has wierd ways of letting you know when it's upset! The way pain comes and how much that pain hurts is pretty incredible.

For sure. Who knew sinus problems could cause a toothache? But when researching, it is actually a common symptom and there is a sinus cavity in our skulls located right around your upper left/right part of your mouth.

Seriously hope you get better man, I literally feel/felt your pain.

swak
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Also here. (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270054&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2)

Its not about oral hygene.

Genetically, i have LOW enamel.
This means at least 1 cavity/year, no matter how much i brush.
Lifes a bitch, just because your teeth may be immaculate, not everyone is born the same.

yes, this means my teeth can get sensitive as F- (Sensodyne toothpaste is a god).

and no, i dont smoke, or really drink much coffee.

5000Audi
01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
here boss

under 20 bucks fix!!!!

http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/pliers-ft-p108.jpg

pull them out yourself... ive heard of people doing it to relive the pain...

Cooked Rice
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
So the hospital just gave you pain killers?

97'Scort
01-25-2010, 01:57 AM
When I had my wisdom teeth out, I developed multiple canker sores. Dentist got me this mouthwash that was an anesthetic. Completely numbed my face.

wintonyk
01-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
here boss

under 20 bucks fix!!!!

http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/pliers-ft-p108.jpg

pull them out yourself... ive heard of people doing it to relive the pain...

I don't know why you would ever want to relive that kind of pain.

When I was 6 and lost my first tooth I took my little tike pliers to pull it out

cancer man
01-25-2010, 07:16 AM
I have degenerative tooth condition,I'll have dentures within
6 months.
Or i can spend 18 thou getting new ones screwed in.
I'll take the dentures.

A790
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/emergency+dentist/Calgary%2C+AB

>>> http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Alberta/Calgary/Brentwood-Village-Dental-Clinic/2138272.html?adid=14589654ae&what=emergency+dentist&where=Calgary%2C+AB&le=48c3b7e996c%7C6088173e6c

G-Suede
01-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Little bit late to the party.

revelations
01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Dude, if you cant get into a dentist, at least go to a walk-in (again) and get some Amoxacillin (sp) anti-biotics NOW ...assuming you dont have any allergies to penicillin... because your dentist will out you one some anyway if its as bad as you describe.

I've been in your situation before (not quite as bad) as I have gone through -7- root canals in the last 9 years. I grind my teeth at night and didnt have a mouth guard until 3 years ago which caused numerous pulp stones (think kidney stones) that killed off teeth one by one.

bignerd
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
So did you get in to see a dentist today?

JeremyD
01-25-2010, 07:35 PM
antibiotics will help more so than the painkillers (at least in a couple of days). One of the dentists I went to wouldn't even pull the tooth with that bad of an infection we had to wait for it to clear.

Any walk in clinic should be able to take one look and go sure here are some antibiotics.

HondaKid
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM

2EFNFAST
01-26-2010, 01:17 AM
OP dead from sepsis yet?

Wrinkly
01-26-2010, 01:35 AM
I can so relate to this - I had a really big filling a few years back and afterwards when the numbness wore off - god I thought I was gonna die, the pain was so unbearable I was in tears. I had to go to emergency. Apparently the filling had exposed the nerve and the amalgum (sp?) was touching the nerve and it needed time to settle down. Fortunately they gave me something really strong - so much so I was high...woooohoooo - was great! I don't understand why no-one prescribed you anything decent yet :dunno: T3's/4's FTL :thumbsdow

Hope you got something sorted.

TDFTW
01-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Amoxcillin is what I got, just a anti bacterial pill type thing. Take it for the next 10 days :\

Shitty thing is I gotta take time off work next week to get an appointment to have this fixed, oh well the pain subsided today it just throbs alot if I lay down or move/jump etc

Wrinkly
01-26-2010, 03:06 AM
That's an improvement at least. It's penicillin to prevent infection and hence blood poisoning, which is a real risk in your circumstances.

Good luck and let us know how you go

TDFTW
01-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Thx for the replies!

swak
01-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
Any dentist that makes one wait any amount of time is not the dentist you want to see. Really feel for the OP, call around, better yet have a friend do it for you. In a couple of calls some office will fit you in, even if it means they need to stay late to complete the job. They have a good opportunity for some new business.

Walking into a dental office would do the trick as well.

If you are still searching I can call my dentist and see about getting you in, he is terrific and mercury free. I used to fly to Calgary to see him and stay overnight in a hotel, a good dentist is as important as a solid plumber, mechanic, chiro., etc. When you find one you stick with him.

PM me if you wish.

X2.

I go to the same dentist as my mom, and he came in on a sunday to work on her mouth once, as she was in some crazy pain.
Theres some good ones out there.

ElMaestroTaco
01-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by swak

Its not about oral hygene.

Genetically, i have LOW enamel.
This means at least 1 cavity/year, no matter how much i brush.
Lifes a bitch, just because your teeth may be immaculate, not everyone is born the same.

yes, this means my teeth can get sensitive as F- (Sensodyne toothpaste is a god).

and no, i dont smoke, or really drink much coffee.

So your're saying that if you didn't brush your teeth you would still get one cavity a year? Because I'm pretty sure you would get more if you did not maintain your daily oral hygiene
Oral hygiene isn't just about preventing cavities, but it also prevents bone loss, swelling of gum tissues and gingivitis as well...why do you think you come in every 6 months to get your teeth cleaned?

HondaKid
01-29-2010, 01:55 PM

VWEvo
01-30-2010, 06:10 PM

And do not get me started on eye exams by those who are not real doctors, just techies, see a doctor:

"An ophthalmologist is a Medical Doctor who has an M.D. degree. That means he or she has gone through four years of medical school and at least one year of post-graduate general medical and surgical training and is a fully trained physician who has then gone on to specialize in treatment of eye diseases by doing at least three years of extra training in ophthalmology. An ophthalmologist is, therefore, fully trained in all aspects of medical and surgical diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and has as well a complete background in general medicine.

An optometrist has a Doctor of Optometry degree from an optometry school which is usually four years of training in examining the eyes and treating certain types of visual and eye disorders. They do not have any background in general medicine, nor do they have any training in surgical management of eye diseases. They generally have some training in medical treatment, but it varies a great deal."

WTF does this have to do with anything??:rolleyes:

HondaKid
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM

swak
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ElMaestroTaco

So your're saying that if you didn't brush your teeth you would still get one cavity a year? Because I'm pretty sure you would get more if you did not maintain your daily oral hygiene
Oral hygiene isn't just about preventing cavities, but it also prevents bone loss, swelling of gum tissues and gingivitis as well...why do you think you come in every 6 months to get your teeth cleaned?

thats not what im saying...
Obviously if i didnt brush id have 50 cavities, but the fact is that i brush like a mad man, and still get cavities.

TDFTW
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM

If you cannot understand, you must be working with mercury on a daily basis. No he gets paid good money to work on peoples teeth, you retard.

FiveFreshFish
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Obviously if i didnt brush id have 50 cavities, but the fact is that i brush like a mad man, and still get cavities.

Could be your brushing technique. Also, do you floss?

Anyway, back to the original question. If your regular dentist is a decent guy, he'll see you after hours. I had teeth busted playing hockey and my dentist met me at his office after hours.

sputnik
02-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Perhaps this guy could help...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SWAHqdvaucI/AAAAAAAABtU/UtFTa5OvBRQ/s320/Hermey+the+Misfit+Elf.png

ElMaestroTaco
02-07-2010, 04:21 AM

Sorry I thoght you meant that oral hygiene doesn't make a difference on your oral health
But it reall sucks, some people can have the worst oral hygiene, havnt been to the dentist in years, and have the best teeth ever, and some people may brush 5x/day and still get cavities and they visit the dentist every 6 months =(

HondaKid
02-07-2010, 03:56 PM

TDFTW
02-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

HondaKid
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
No retard, I only call retards a retard. How's it feel being a retard?

I will leave it at that, I am taking the high road.

TDFTW
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM

I will leave it at that, I am taking the high road. Drugs are bad bro! Don't do it!

hampstor
02-08-2010, 10:01 AM

I will leave it at that, I am taking the high road.

The high road is reporting that he called you names to a moderator?

Subject Reported post from Beyond.ca - Car Forums
From "Beyond.ca - Car Forums Mailer" <[email protected]>
Date Sunday, February 7, 2010 8:52 pm
To : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HondaKid ( mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has reported this post:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?postid=3248572#post3248572

This is part of this thread:
24 hour dentist?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=292056

This is the reason that the user gave:
keeps calling me names. this is the second time i have reported this.

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

Skyline_Addict
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
don't mean to steal the thread, but on the subject of my sinus related toothache I posted earlier in this thread...

who should I see regarding this? I want to make sure I have all of the preventative measures in place to NEVER have to suffer that again.

I started putting some pressure on my nasal cavity, and felt a bit of pain/sensation in the same tooth - it's really interesting. It's been about 2 full weeks since I've fully recovered and been off anti-biotics for the infection.

1slw4dr
02-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Looks like you hurt his feelings by calling him names:cry: