PDA

View Full Version : Warning regarding TIPPS program for City Taxes

mr2mike
01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Just a warning for others. When setting up your TIPPS account with the City of Calgary. Keep copies of your application on hand and any documentation you can to prove when you sent the application in.

I am the 3rd person of my friends who has had the application be approved but not implemented. Then the city tries to tack on big late fees for everyday that you're late. They usually contact you 2 months later so 60 days of late fees for their own fault.

It seems to be a trend to maybe collect excess money or maybe just pure lack of organization. Don't know, don't care. Just want to warn other first time TIPPS people.

Cos
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
thanks, i close on my house coming up here and would never have thought of this.

ExtraSlow
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Another good tip is that you need to reapply when you move. I didn't realize that, and I got screwed on some serious late fees.

Aleks
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Just a warning for others. When setting up your TIPPS account with the City of Calgary. Keep copies of your application on hand and any documentation you can to prove when you sent the application in.

I am the 3rd person of my friends who has had the application be approved but not implemented. Then the city tries to tack on big late fees for everyday that you're late. They usually contact you 2 months later so 60 days of late fees for their own fault.

It seems to be a trend to maybe collect excess money or maybe just pure lack of organization. Don't know, don't care. Just want to warn other first time TIPPS people.

This happened to us as well when we moved, reapplied everything was set up app sent in confirmed over phone...

2 months later they pretend like we never sent anything in or talked to anyone and want late fees. Told them no way.

Cos
01-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

This happened to us as well when we moved, reapplied everything was set up app sent in confirmed over phone...

2 months later they pretend like we never sent anything in or talked to anyone and want late fees. Told them no way.

did you at least win?