PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher Issue

rumeo
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Tenants just moved out of my condo and after going to try the dish washer, no water actually comes through to clean the dishes. Can anyone recommend me a plumber?

masoncgy
01-26-2010, 04:27 PM
To be honest, if it's just a entry level/standard dishwasher in white/black, it's probably cheaper/more practical to just replace it with another unit.

I'll assume it's not under warranty, so you're looking at $100 just for someone to look at it, plus parts & labour once the problem is determined.

I also assume you checked the hot water line under the sink to make sure the valve is open for the d/w...?

Kloubek
01-26-2010, 04:47 PM
^^^ agreed.

First thing I would try is to detach the hose, and see if it is clogged. Also see to make sure there is water from the supply.

Otherwise, I wonder if there is a pump which forces it into the dishwasher. I am not sure if natural water pressure would be enough to do what a dishwasher does, but I really don't know if they have pressure pumps or not.

Or, just pick one up for $100 on kijiji and replace it.

barmanjay
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Chances are it's the timer switch, which is about $100

you are better off buying a previously loved unit for the cost of the timer + plumber labour or a new one (entry level) with warranty for about 4-600

edit*

Did you check to see if your water supply line is turned on for the unit? (under the sink)

Tik-Tok
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Habitat for Humanity RE-Store is a good place for that kind of thing.