PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: BUSINESS OWNERS - need help !

zain123
01-26-2010, 11:44 PM
alright so got a project for my strategic management class at SAIT and this is the requirement.
I am in need of desperate help, because everyone we have tried has failed..yes its VERY last minute i know i shouldve been prepared etc.

HERE IS WHAT I NEED FROM YOU

-Company background and history

-Current and future strategy, Formulation of strategy and implementation
Strategic recommendation
Does that require changes to company’s strategies?

-Strategic case facing a company

Competitive environment faced by the company
Review of current and future strategy
Corporate SWOT

-Financial Analysis
• Gross Profit Margin
• Net Profit Margin
• Return on total assets
• Return on S/E
• Earnings per share, diluted
• Total asset turnover
• Current ratio
• Quick Ratio
• Times interest earned
• Debt to Equity

i dont need all of this right now and probably won`t need all of this or might need something different depending on the type of business you own

PLEASE HELP US OUT - i need to hear a yes by tomorrow at 2 or 3pm

If you need confidentiality papers signed, am sure it can be arranged as i can appreciate releasing financials for some business owners can be very difficult.

contact information
403-870-9246
[email protected]

Zain Arshad
THANKS BEYOND!

InRich
01-27-2010, 12:59 AM
so drunk I mightbe able to do it for you when I'm sobre

TomcoPDR
01-27-2010, 01:06 AM
I think you're suppose to do that with a publicly traded company... but could be a different assignment.

Stephen81
01-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I did similar assignments at SAIT and they were all for publically traded companies. How many business owners are just going to hand over their financials to some students to crunch some numbers with? :dunno: What is the class number for this?

TomcoPDR
01-27-2010, 01:20 AM
^^^ I think either Management 210 or Marketing 210... since it deals with the whole stupid "SWOT"

But then again I failed a couple courses but did pass the whole thingy.

I think the stupidiest was the manufacturing game where you submit figures and a "computer" generates a result every week, then your group makes another decision, etc...

Stephen81
01-27-2010, 01:24 AM
That's old school Tom but I remember hearing about that project from some friends haha. We used SWOT in 1st semester MKTG and Business Policy fourth semester...either way, sounds like a pretty straightforward assignment if OP can track down a company

Vince1
01-27-2010, 01:40 AM
As a business owner this sounds way overly complicated! OMG I'm glad I never took a business course. I'd love to help if only I understood WTH all that means!

Zhariak
01-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Good luck on getting someone in a private company to provide financials...

The_Rural_Juror
01-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Make some numbers up?

7thgenvic
01-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Private companies would be stupid to give up their financials like this! I would say good luck and find a small public company and use the internet and the tools your provided with at school. USE ALL THEIR DATA BASE tools.

zain123
01-27-2010, 09:40 AM
its for course ACCT 465 - Management Policy and Strategic Management
what you guys are talking about was first semester one i think
and yes that probably would have been for public traded .. not sure

anyways for this, only issue is we have to sit down with the management or someone higher up to find out more about the company and do an analysis based on swot/porter etc. etc.

if someone is willing to help out with this and would like to see a sample of what the end result would be, feel free to email me : [email protected]

thanks a lot again !

RecoilS14
01-27-2010, 11:41 AM
what is SWOT?

craigcd
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
what is SWOT?

Strengths
Weakness
Opportunity
Threats

Vince1
01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay, now that I (think I) understand SWOT, this prolly won't be of much help, but here goes.

Strengths- Flexibility, deal with owner direct, lower overhead, competitive pricing, operating legally as opposed to most same level competitors.
Weaknesses- Industry as a whole given a bad name by unsavory operators, financial institutions very skeptical despite solid credit, lack of visible presence
Opportunities- Downsizing, moving, foreclosures, bad tenants, fires, floods, renovations, identification of competitor's shortcomings
Threats- Anybody who owns a truck and is unemployed. Sad but true.

zain123
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
vince i pm'd you