PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Security Question

2BLUE
01-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Now first off I did search but couldn't find anything accept Quinn security is crap.

My question is I'm looking for a alarm called

"Defender 300 Security System"

Anyone help me find this system ???

BokCh0y
01-27-2010, 09:57 AM
I can't remember exactly what type of alarm the defender really is.

Basically what happens is this:

The defender 200/300 is the same thing. Difference is whether they enable the toggle switch setting for whatever in the brain. I can't remember what exactly the switch was for...its been a while.

Anyways, the alarms are bought from some joint in the US or something for super cheap, like $20 each - again i can't remember the name of the alarms. They "re-brand" it as a Defender 200/300 then sucker you in and sell it to you.

Each unit comes with LED's, Dual remotes etc. They split everything up and sell you the LED's seperately - usually $99 a pair kinda deal. And if you want an extra remote, they sell it to you seperately as well. So the $20 alarm ends up being chopped and sold as a $1500 alarm.

Honestly, to save you the hassle and issues of that POS alarm core, i'd seriously spend the money and hit up Autotemp or something....

But in short, due to the rebranding, you will never know waht the alarm physically is unless you rip it out to take a look at it.

silvercivicsir
01-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I havd Pulled my fair share of these out of Peoples cars.. Made by a company called " Delta Vehicle Security"..

TurboMedic
01-28-2010, 12:00 AM
avoid avoid avoid.....

BokCh0y
01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
I havd Pulled my fair share of these out of Peoples cars.. Made by a company called " Delta Vehicle Security"..

That's exactly what brand that is!!! Thanks.

Originally posted by TurboMedic
avoid avoid avoid.....

Was wondering when you'd chime in.....haha

2BLUE
01-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Alright...

I should note I have the receipt and it states the owner bought a "starter disable" wouldn't this be for autostart???

It seems to work and is very sensitive but its only got 2 buttons on the remote.

How do you start the car???

Here is a picture of the receipt and remote.

http://www.4wheeler.ca/uploads/monthly_01_2010/post-2687-1264662888.jpg

realazy
01-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Starter disable is probably just a alarm feature that disables the starter when the alarm is set off.

TurboMedic
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
WTF Paul still works there? Oops. NM, that was in 2000, just months before I had the misfortune of working there.....

Start disable is just a relay in the starter wire path that opens the circuit when the alarm is enabled and it senses ignition (key on, hotwire, etc), just doesn't allow the starter to engage....It also works as an antigrind the same way, vehicles running, starter wire is "interrupted"......Pretty much all alarms/starters functionally have it, and compustars come with it all pre wired and relay'd.

BokCh0y
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
You don't have autostart. But if you did, it would most likely be press and hold buttong 2 or both 1 and 2 at the same time. Depends on programming.

But yeah, Turbomedic is correct. Starter Disable is basically Starter Kill. So when the alarm is armed and someone busts into your car, they can't start it.

2BLUE
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
You don't have autostart. But if you did, it would most likely be press and hold buttong 2 or both 1 and 2 at the same time. Depends on programming.

But yeah, Turbomedic is correct. Starter Disable is basically Starter Kill. So when the alarm is armed and someone busts into your car, they can't start it.

K thanks guys!