PDA

View Full Version : calorie counter recommendations

darkkent
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
so in January 2009 I decided to start getting back into shape.

because I dont have a good gym in my area I bought a new treadmill, home gym, dumbells etc.

so over the past year I have lost a few pounds, increased my strength and slowly changed my diet although sometimes it feels like I just workout so i can eat whatever i want ...

anyways, the next thing I want to do is start to monitor what and how much I eat and adjust my diet as needed.

does anyone have any experience with doing this online?
i am looking for something that can give me a good idea of how many calories I am taking in based on what I am eating and keep track of it as well as opposed to using a spreadsheet or writing everything down.

any suggestions? or am I going about this the wrong way ??

j.garner
01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes i use fitday.com its great and works really good.

RickDaTuner
01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
do you have an iPhone, there are some very good ones on there that you just type the name of the food that you are eating and how much for a calorie count.
The database has most of the food found in sobeys and safeway, inlcuding the in store made products

here are a few, i've used 'loose it' had another too but can't remeber the name of it now, it was associated with the live strong foundation :thumbsup:

spike98
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I am a member and use this one.

http://caloriecount.about.com/

sdiep
01-29-2010, 01:25 PM
http://thedailyplate.com is teamed up with livestrong.com

lint
01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I prefer the UI at www.dailyburn.com over dailyplate

darkkent
02-02-2010, 09:50 AM
thanks for the suggestions. i have been playing around with each of them over the past week. I dont have an iphone although that might change when my contract with TELUS ends in the next month. so far it looks like the daily burn is the way to go. thanks Lint !

stevieo
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
if you're getting the iphone, may i suggest LoseIt!

helps me keep track of what im eating daily. so far so good!

lint
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by darkkent
thanks for the suggestions. i have been playing around with each of them over the past week. I dont have an iphone although that might change when my contract with TELUS ends in the next month. so far it looks like the daily burn is the way to go. thanks Lint !

FYI, the DB iphone app is terrible. Very basic compared to the options/ease of the UI. I'll use the iPhone app to add basic info, but for anything else it's better to get to a computer to do it all at once, so you don't have to edit the shit you enter on the phone.

Idratherbsidewayz
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Download Fitday legally or illegally off the internet. GREAT program!!