PDA

View Full Version : Repo.com Calgary? Feedback?

masoncgy
01-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Just curious to know if any Beyonders have ever purchased vehicles from this particular outfit, which is located on Fairmount Dr @ Farrell Road SE.

A couple of trucks have caught my attention. Obviously, they are former work trucks with higher than average km, but many seem to be in good shape and their pricing is great.

Any feedback would be great.

01RedDX
01-27-2010, 02:20 PM

GQBalla
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
My team lead bought a Caddy SRV from there.

they paid a great price other than that im not sure

Rarasaurus
01-27-2010, 02:24 PM
You have to be a member to get the full listing details which include the Kms on each car. I was in there once but no one came to ask if i had questions or anything.. Also a lot of the cars are jammed inside so i assume it would be hard to get a test drive without an apointment. I was wondering if you could take their cars in for an inspection??

Some of the deals are pretty decent but nothing amazing usually.

01RedDX
01-27-2010, 02:30 PM

masoncgy
01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I signed up for a free 'membership' so I can get all the info on any of the vehicles, plus I get emailed when they get some new stuff in...

I'm just curious as to their reputation... it would seem that it's the standard 'buyer beware' practices that would come into effect, but it's always nice to hear from people who have previously done business with such a firm.

syritis
01-27-2010, 10:00 PM
a friend of a friend works there, straight up great guy probably the most honest and sincere person i've ever met.
anyhow my ex bought a street bike from there. great price. not completely incident free though. when i went to pike up the bike i got there and waited a bit for someone in the dept to come talk to me, turns out when they fired it up it cut out on them, so they played with the fuel adjustment screw until that fell out. they sent the bike down the street to get fixed turned the fuel jet was clogged so they rebuilt the carb and put the adjuster back in and did a full tune up. they ate the cost of all that service and the ex got a sweet little bike for the great price.
i'd still suggest that you be skeptical with what you buy, who know what the previous owner did to the car.

9/10 for service

masoncgy
01-27-2010, 11:44 PM
^ Thanks for info.

I'm curious about what sort of maintenance those trucks have had as they lived with their respective oil companies. The trucks are leased, so I would assume that oil changes/etc would have been done as necessary as part of the lease agreement, but who knows!

5G_celica
01-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I've bought a car from their vancouver branch. I would suggest getting full inspection on the car you're interested.

they don't do anything with the car when they get it, so they wouldn't know how the car is at all.

Originally posted by masoncgy
^ Thanks for info.

I'm curious about what sort of maintenance those trucks have had as they lived with their respective oil companies. The trucks are leased, so I would assume that oil changes/etc would have been done as necessary as part of the lease agreement, but who knows!

for the most part I think company trucks get maintained pretty well. but still smart to get teh car check out.

Shlade
01-28-2010, 01:25 PM
repo.com?

This is Regal Auctions correct?

Serria1
01-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
repo.com?

This is Regal Auctions correct?

Not the same Regal Autions is -- Repo Depo
http://www.repodepo.ca/contact/location/16.aspx

bourge73
01-28-2010, 05:43 PM
on the website they list to be one of Canadas top 50 (best managed companies) really Repo depot? hmmm odd anyways if true would definately add up to a good (or better than average) rep no?

syritis
01-29-2010, 03:30 PM
http://calgary.repo.com/
this is who i was talking about. I would assume that it would be in companies interest to keep up the maintenance b/c it doesn't profit to pay a crew stuck on the side of the road, and all the supplies a written off anyways.

but the drivers probably shit bag them a little.

moka989
01-30-2010, 12:30 AM
i feel that they are honest, the sales men are no pressure orientated and dont receive commission but an hourly wage. i saw a rx7 there once it was prime but had tranny issues.

Stuntmonkey
01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Might go and check out the jet skis they have there, pretty cheap.