PDA

View Full Version : Saturday nights....

katm
01-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey, so i just recently moved to calgary and will be celebrating my 24th bday in a couple weeks. Which bar would you recommend for a younger (23-28 years olds) mix of people with good dance music, and a good crowd of people...

Any reviews on HiFi and Habitat?

Any input is much appreciated!!!! Thanks.

GQBalla
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Habitat is horrible i find its really small. and im not into the techno music no more.

hifi is pretty fun

vinyl is pretty fun too but damn it gets hot in there.

beyondpinoy
01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
23-28 year old i would go to vinal.... they play ok music, house in the basement and pop/top 40 upstairs from what i remember...

for 25+ crowd, head to Se7en... i love the DJ that plays there... very good mix of old school hiphop and rap...

and its free cover!!! can't beat that =)

katm
01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I've been to vinyl once and wasn't too crazy about it.... it kind of seemed to me like a bunch of really young kids.

I'm open to ideas, any other places you suggest? I like classier places, but at the same time I want to be able let loose, dance and have fun!

tHX AGAIN :burnout:

max_boost
01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Mercury if you prefer a bit older crowd 25-30+. One of my fav places in this City!

l/l/rX
01-27-2010, 05:15 PM
amsterdam rhino? i love it there. although the basement still smells like crap, they sometimes have incense going though to make it smell a bit better.

JfuckinC
01-27-2010, 05:17 PM
check out v-bar
you can catch me there most friday's haha.. or the met across the street from v-bar.. like wrx said, rhino is bomb, but i usually go there fridays too..

l/l/rX
01-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
check out v-bar
you can catch me there most friday's haha.. or the met across the street from v-bar.. like wrx said, rhino is bomb, but i usually go there fridays too..

man, all the times I've been to v-bar on a saturday its been soo dead! I miss the Fuel days :( and all the hot chicks that worked there previously.

edit: check out flames central schedule for house dj's they usually got a ton of electro/ house dj's going through there.
I also personally don't mind habitat at all, music is sick there!

5000Audi
01-27-2010, 06:30 PM
IMO i think a birthday party is best when its at a Pub. better setting, able to hear what the other is saying, not shoulder to shoulder with sweaty over cologned/parfumed people. also at a pub maybe there would be a flames game on. cheap beers and drink.. i dunno i think pubs are better then night clubs