PDA

View Full Version : Haskayne Degree Difficulty?

Achmat
01-27-2010, 07:46 PM
I was wondering what people thought was the most difficult degree stream in Haskayne and what the easiest was?
I know HROD 317 is considered easy but is the degree easy as well?

Mckenzie
01-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Likely accounting and finance, being technical degrees, will be the most difficult.

I would say the softer skill sets, such as HROD, MKTG, OPMA would be 'easier'. I took a senior level HROD class and it was such a joke, but very interesting and applicable class.

sexualbanana
01-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Likely accounting and finance, being technical degrees, will be the most difficult.

I would say the softer skill sets, such as HROD, MKTG, OPMA would be 'easier'. I took a senior level HROD class and it was such a joke, but very interesting and applicable class.

Agree. The typical 'technical' fields; ACCT and FNCE would be considered the more difficult. Though I would also count OPMA, TLOG, and MGIS to be in the same category.

HROD, MKTG, IBUS, and ENTI I would consider to be the middle range of the difficulty scale (IMO, not much different than any other course or major in other faculties excluding engineering and sciences).

dandia89
01-28-2010, 07:45 AM
/waits for arrogant engineer to bash business

urban_chic
01-29-2010, 04:09 PM
LOL! im waiting too. heehee

eblend
01-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I did MGIS, I thought it was easy..thought you still have to take all the core courses such as acct and finance (217s I think are the numbers, or 317, i can't remember)

BrknFngrs
01-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by eblend
I did MGIS, I thought it was easy..thought you still have to take all the core courses such as acct and finance (217s I think are the numbers, or 317, i can't remember)

317's are the required courses.

I agree with the above, accounting/finance/MGIS are the more technically difficult majors though in my opinion it really depends on the person taking the courses.

BananaFob
01-30-2010, 02:01 AM
I sleepwalked through my IBUS degree...