Buon Giorno

823 17 Avenue Southwest Calgary, AB T2T 0A1 - (403) 244-5522
Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-11pm; Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:30pm; Sun 4am-11pm

Ambiance: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Food: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Overall: 4.5/5

Well me and my gf went in to one of my fav places for our one year anniversary and same as usual I was not disappointed.

Reservations were made to insure we would get a good table although getting a table here most nights is quite easy.

We got the pasta feast for 2 which allows you to pick three different pasta's for 33.97 I believe. We also got bruschetta which was a bit different from the regular way it's usually made.

The Bruschetta was two pieces of bread toasted and then covered with the ingredients and then with cheese and baked in the oven. It was a very good choice as a precursor to our meal.

Now the piece de resistance was our pasta.

We had Penne Con Salmone, Spaghetti Carbonera and Seafood Lasagna. The seafood lasagna uses a cream sauce instead of a tomato based sauce and the seafood was cut up very finely so it made it so you didn't get big chunks of Scallop or shrimp. It's very divine I have to add. The Spaghetti Carbonera is very creamy and they use alot of bacon so again very tasty. The salmon penne was also quite amazing.

The restaurant is very cozy and romantic with a nice big central fire place. For any special occasion with your significant other I would recommend this restaurant for sure.

The service was a little on the slow side but it's understandable because we weren't ordering any liquor, which is not, in my eyes, acceptable but was at least understandable. Other than that the service was polite and very professional and understated which was nice. A good server is one that gives good service without being intrusive, which our server had spot on.

Lighting is perfect for the more romantic types, maybe a bit low for those wanting a brighter place to eat.

All in all it's in my top 3 for Calgary and I would recommend it to anyone wanting some good italian food.

nonlinear
01-27-2010, 09:43 PM
i think you meant "ensure"

:bigpimp:

ekguy
01-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
i think you meant "ensure"

:bigpimp:

hey for being french I rarely get spelling mistakes hehe. I think I get along pretty well if I do say so myself hehe.

I also know more than just me have eaten at this place on here so from those who also went there before....Opinions??

dj_rice
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Your review of this restaurant really sucks. So basically, you gave it a good review cuz they cut up the seafood into small pieces so your mom doesn't have to do it for you, they made the sauce "creamy", and they added lots of bacon. Glad to know it doesn't take much to impress you. If I owned Buon Giorno, I'd ask you to remove this review.

rizfarmer
01-27-2010, 10:15 PM
:rofl:

stevieo
01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/12677/original.jpg
mi scusi mi scusi

ekguy
01-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Sorry for the bad review...Jesus beyond is getting full of assholes...

adidas
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I dont mind the food at this place at all. Although the interior could be spiced up a bit though. Very old and plain but it does get the work done and it seems more authentic for a italian restaurant.