PDA

View Full Version : Business 317 Courses

asia9898
01-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey guys, entering second year of business and i'm considering courses to take in the spring/summer to ease the upcoming years. Basically I want to take accounting 317 with operations management 317 OR accounting 317 with communication studies 317.

Is it a good idea to take these 317's together as i've heard these are weeder courses....

how would you guys rank the 317's from easiest to hardest?

-Accounting 317
-Finance 317
-Human resources and organizational dynamics 317
-Management information studies 317
-Market 317
-Operations Management 317

Thanks!

colt22
01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Word is to split up your 317's they tend to be the hardest
im in acct317 right now and its not to bad

friends have taken all of the above and says fnce317 is the hardest.

opma/hrod/mgis easy

Ebon
01-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Depends on what your goals are.

If you want an A: Mkgt wins out due to subjectivity in marking.

I never got why people thought FNCE was hard. Its all MC and exams are all open book.

cjab
01-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Try not to put any of MKTG, FNCE or ACCT in the same semester would be my advice. They are the three that have the higher work loads and are generallly thought to be harder.

Opma, MGIS and HROD are fairly similar as far as workload goes, some small assignments which are easy, and MC tests which are based almost solely on the slides.

FNCE isn't too hard, but do the practice questions and practice tests for sure. A lot of it is repeated in the actual tests, and you can bring your work books in to follow step by step. If you do that FNCE is pretty basic.

As far as having to Rank, my personal opinion would be:

1.Acct 317 ( I didnt study or do practice questions so struggled)
2.MKTG 317 (I had a shitty group which made things bad, but there is a lot of work to do when studying)
3. FNCE 317

the other three are all about the same, minimal work, and some studying and an A wont be hard to pull off.

cdnsir
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
1. OPMA 317
3. MGIS 317
2. HROD 317
4. ACCT 317
5. MKTG 317
6. FNCE 317

GT4rally
02-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Ebon
I never got why people thought FNCE was hard. Its all MC and exams are all open book.

Really? I just wrote the first FNCE quiz today and got murdered... although I REALLY REALLY suck at math... I'm worried! I'm jealous of guys like you that think these courses are easy. Don't get me wrong, the content isn't that difficult, but keeping that much material straight is hard.

However, MKTG was the biggest BS course ever. The MKTG faculty has a definite complex about their courses being too easy, so they they refuse to tell you what they expect on the exams... making you guess.... usually wrong. The typical line by the instructors is "just do it and we'll tell you if it's right"... yeah thanks a$$ hat! Got through it but wanted to rip the instructor (Mark) a new one by the end of it.

ACCT was difficult for me,
MGIS was easy but a bit of work,
OPMA is pretty easy,
HROD can be done while in a deep coma.

cookiemunster
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GT4rally
[B]

However, MKTG was the biggest BS course ever. The MKTG faculty has a definite complex about their courses being too easy, so they they refuse to tell you what they expect on the exams... making you guess.... usually wrong. The typical line by the instructors is "just do it and we'll tell you if it's right"... yeah thanks a$$ hat!

my sentiments exactly.... just glad i passed :)