PDA

View Full Version : australian open

jwslam
01-27-2010, 11:27 PM
anybody else caught up right now?

i wanna see zheng jie vs serena even though it's pretty much a lost cause...

and for those who just wanna lol about australian open
NSFW (http://www.omgblog.com/2009/01/omg_hes_actually_cute_streaker.php)

Mibz
01-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch a whole lot of it. I caught the first 4 sets of Verdaco v Davydenko, bits of Hewitt v Federer and then highlights of Djokovic v Tsonga.

If the final ends up Federer v Murray I'll go out of my way to watch it, just so I can see Murray's insane mental breakdown and subsequent hilarious behaviour.

jwslam
01-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Yea joker vs tsonga became a lost cause

Ajay
01-27-2010, 11:59 PM
I watched the Federer/Davydenko match.

That was pretty good. Roger had a little bit of a scare but came back and showed why he's world number 1.

CKY
01-28-2010, 12:33 AM
I felt it was Davydenko's match to lose, that missed backhand on the 3-1 game in the 2nd set just broke him down. Before that he was out-hitting Federer on the baseline on every single exchange.

Watching Tsonga win was good but I wished he actually beat Djokovic, not winning cuz he was sick. Sadly Novak had that match well in hand before the puking.

Aleks
01-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by CKY
I felt it was Davydenko's match to lose, that missed backhand on the 3-1 game in the 2nd set just broke him down. Before that he was out-hitting Federer on the baseline on every single exchange.

Watching Tsonga win was good but I wished he actually beat Djokovic, not winning cuz he was sick. Sadly Novak had that match well in hand before the puking.

He said he had the runs before the match as well. Are these guys not allowed to use gravol and immodium? :dunno:

Mys73ri0
01-29-2010, 09:36 PM
amazing finals set up imho...

but does anyone know where I can go watch the matches live? they'll start around 1am i think and most places will probably be closed before they are over... no i don't have cable and my friends that do don't like tennis...

jwslam
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I didn't even know they show tennis at bars...

CKY
01-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

He said he had the runs before the match as well. Are these guys not allowed to use gravol and immodium? :dunno:

No they do get timeouts, Novak went in the locker rooms to puke after the 4th set I believe. But I think it just took too much out of him physically to keep up his game.

Good final, glad to see Murray lose (I hate him more than I hate Djokovic). But I have to say the best Aussie open matches I've seen is still Verdasco Nadal in the semi finals of last year. It was such a great high octane tennis match.

Mys73ri0
01-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by CKY

No they do get timeouts, Novak went in the locker rooms to puke after the 4th set I believe. But I think it just took too much out of him physically to keep up his game.

Good final, glad to see Murray lose (I hate him more than I hate Djokovic). But I have to say the best Aussie open matches I've seen is still Verdasco Nadal in the semi finals of last year. It was such a great high octane tennis match.

not sure if djokovich was 'really' sick or not, but his heart has been questioned by some of the other top players before...

best aussie open match imho is still federer vs safin semi finals in '05

adidas
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
As much as i like watching djokovic, i think hes not very deserving of the #3 spot he held for some time.

I just dont see how he could even compete against a player like federer. Also when you watch him(djokovic) hit the ball, you know hes gonna hit it out or hit the net. The guys stroke is so unpredictable. He really needs to work on his game if he plans to reach any finals this year.

Aleks
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by adidas
As much as i like watching djokovic, i think hes not very deserving of the #3 spot he held for some time.

ATP agrees with you on the # 3 spot.

He's ranked #2 in the world right now ;)

HyperZell
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by adidas

I just dont see how he could even compete against a player like federer. Also when you watch him(djokovic) hit the ball, you know hes gonna hit it out or hit the net. The guys stroke is so unpredictable. He really needs to work on his game if he plans to reach any finals this year.

How does he compete? Try watching the Rogers Cup, three years ago, when Djokovic beat both Federer and Nadal. Not to mention the other 4 times he's beaten him...

adidas
02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

How does he compete? Try watching the Rogers Cup, three years ago, when Djokovic beat both Federer and Nadal. Not to mention the other 4 times he's beaten him...

He was good. Although while other competitors games rose, his just fell or stayed the same.

I just dont see him hittin it with the best of them anymore, his career really has taken a downfall. His game is so up and down that you really dont know when he is gonna win a set and when he is gonna lose.

I dont know how much of the lose to tsonga i could blame on him being sick.

He pretty much dropped both of the first 2 games, and this was even before him havin to puke. Maybe the whole "i had the shits" before the game was just a cover up for his shitty lose.

Mibz
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
You try playing tennis while clenching and tell me how easy it is.

That said, I agree that he's one of the least consistent top 5 seeded players I've seen.