PDA

View Full Version : insurance underwriting

rockanrepublic
01-28-2010, 05:53 AM
So today i got a letter from the economical insurance group (which i have been with for a year and a half) it reads:

"The policy noted above expires FEBRUARY 8,2010. Unfortunately, The economical insurance Group will no longer be able to provide coverage on this policy because of underwriting reasons."

what exactly does this mean? That i have all the sudden become a risk and they need to drop my coverage? I have two tickets on my record both minor speeding and those were before i got my insurance with this company...
:banghead:

Masked Bandit
01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Economical is taking a hard line against anyone with any kind of payment problems in the past year or so. They are also using your credit rating as a big factor. There are only a few things that will allow Economical to legally non-renew your policy.

What did your broker say?

Zewind
01-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I had a client in a few months ago and the same thing happen. it was due to her missed payments.

If you pop into any broker or agent (AMA, State Farm, All state) they can give you a quote.

Dave P
01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Check your pm

rockanrepublic
01-28-2010, 06:10 PM
does this count as cancellation?:(

Masked Bandit
01-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Depends on your broker (current or future).

;)

Zewind
01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic
does this count as cancellation?:(

If this is regarding question 9a on the auto application
"Has any insurer, to the knowledge of the applicant, cancelled, declined or refused to renew or issue automobile insurance to the applicant..bla blah blah."

You'd answer yes, but personal this no big deal.