PDA

View Full Version : Rough night

Melinda
11-28-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry, I love my grandfather dearly, but god damn it, the man hit my car tonight. I went to his place with my dad to install a network card in my grandmother's computer before we went christmas shopping for my mom and I pulled into their driveway beside/behind his suburban. He had to go to costco to pick some stuff up and he got into his truck and began to back out. The corner of his back bumper hit my driver's side right below my mirror, left a massive chunk out of the mirror (luckily he didnt take the damn thing off) and he made a dent along the door about a foot and a half long, 6 inches or so deep.

He comes back in the house and into the office where I am workin on the computer and he said "I just backed into the car" treating it like it's no big deal. I got my shoes on and went out to see it. Yay for me, the hight of his back bumper is the same height as my door handle. Now my door barely unlocks, the door handle sticks open unless I push it back down, and the plastic piece of weather stripping at the bottom of my window is sticking up, allowing anyone who wants to have free access to breaking into my car.

He said "get it fixed, I'll pay for it (there is some dirt removed from his bumper, absolutely no damage) and I say okay and come back in the house. Soon enough, my dad and I were done and since I wasnt in the mood to go shopping we came home. Dad was being a very large prick, saying I dont need to get the car fixed, it just has a dent and that I shouldn't make my grandfather pay for it, even though my dad's the one that told me to park there and I was there to help him install this network card. (And he's not the one who has to try and unlock that door) I'm gonna take the door panel off tomorrow and see if I can push it out. Hopefully that makes a little bit of a difference.

Those who know me, know I've had nothing but problems with my car. This is just the icing on the cake. It's not a great car, just enough to get me around while I go through school cause I cant afford a new car and all my equipment at the same time, but I'm still really freakin mad. :guns:

04blackMAX
11-28-2003, 12:17 AM
sucks hun....so many accidents this time of year...everyones making the mad dash to the mall....

missblondie
11-28-2003, 12:22 AM
sorry to hear that melinda... i know it makes it really tough to deal with because it is family:(

lint
11-28-2003, 01:30 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Intimes like these, what you need to do is take out that picture of the airplane wing. I don't know why, but I think it might help :D

Melinda
11-28-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by lint
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Intimes like these, what you need to do is take out that picture of the airplane wing. I don't know why, but I think it might help :D
Hehe you know what? I just did and it made me smile :) thanks jack!

sikh_n_destroy
11-28-2003, 01:44 AM
damn...

tat suks....

the other thing you can do in these kinda times is imagine urself with a new car and nice system...and bouncin on the beats of w7's..

tats gonna make u happy for sure...and it will also make u exciteed....

try it and trust me..it will work!!!:rofl: :rofl:

James
11-28-2003, 01:45 AM
thats sucks, sorry about the little mishap mel.....i had a similiar thing happen to me a few years ago, my step-dad and his freind came home( drunk as hell), and the guy went to pull into the driveway, but came in at a horrible angle, then backed up to correct it and hit my car that was on the OTHER side of the street. Iwas outside shovelling the sidewalk and saw the thing, i couldnt beleive how ignorant he was about it as if he didnt do anything, and my parents didnt make it seem like a big deal either, the rear driver side door was messed, and you couldnt get in that door anymore......guy claimed he was gonna fix it, kept putting it off, then i ended up crashing my car 3 months later, so of course he got off without having to fix it....BS:thumbsdow .....if you really do want it fixed, i would try to do it as soon as possible, eventhough it is your grandfather, kinda makes it harder.

Dirty_SOHC
11-28-2003, 01:51 AM
we'll fix it up for you honey, dont worry too much

Dope Dealer
11-28-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC
we'll fix it up for you honey, dont worry too much

:whipped:

GTS Jeff
11-28-2003, 02:00 AM
'cot DYAM!'

alright lets get that car hitting goon back! heres some ideas:

1. get a sack of garbage and dump it all over his driveway
2. pour salt all over his garden
3. cut holes in his condoms
4. jizz in his shampoo

hope that helps! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Canadian 2.5RS
11-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
'cot DYAM!'

4. jizz in his shampoo

its her grampa!:eek:

id hate to be at your family reunion.:nut:

lint
11-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Hehe you know what? I just did and it made me smile :) thanks jack!

Sorry to hear about your car. I know how much it meant to you ;)
Other than that, how's everything else going? Anymore magazine spreads?

Melinda
11-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by lint

Sorry to hear about your car. I know how much it meant to you ;)
Other than that, how's everything else going? Anymore magazine spreads?
Hehe check your PM man

RSeXy
11-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear babes! Rolland's a good man...he'll make sure your car is looking good in no time! :)

Alpine Autowerks
11-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Dad was being a very large prick, saying I dont need to get the car fixed, it just has a dent and that I shouldn't make my grandfather pay for it, even though my dad's the one that told me to park there and I was there to help him install this network card. :

If your dad is not comfortable asking Grandpa to pay for his error, then your Dad should pay you to have it fixed.

B17a
11-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
'cot DYAM!'

4. jizz in his shampoo

Mental note, stay on Jeff's good side!:eek:

SwitchBlade
11-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Sounds like you have had nothing but bad luck, maybe things will even out and you will get a a kickass Christmas present. You got some good friends looking out for you on beyond. Hope things work out for ya :)

sexualbanana
11-28-2003, 06:38 PM
you'll always have dirty's taxi service. :D

ninspeed
11-28-2003, 07:27 PM
there was a red HB civic at pick your part 2 weeks ago... still had the door on it... might wanna check it out

Melinda
11-29-2003, 02:22 AM
Aww thanks everyone! I'm going for a congratualtions spa day courtousy of my mom tomorrow so dad said he is going to take my car and deal with it for me. :) Should be driving it again by monday I hope!

Originally posted by sexualbanana
you'll always have dirty's taxi service. :D

Haha yeah I used that today. Rolland did me the nice favor of getting me to and from school :) Thanks Rollie! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ninspeed
there was a red HB civic at pick your part 2 weeks ago... still had the door on it... might wanna check it out

Thanks Rob, I dont think the door needs to be replaced, we'll see what dad does with it tomorrow.