PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Car clubs to DRIVEN 2010

Mark Seto
01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Driven 2010 will be hosting a new feature:

Zone 3: The Car Club Zone
This is the newest concept at Driven. We're inviting all car clubs in Alberta to participate. Minimum show quality not required and vehicle judging optional. Great opportunity to come out and support your car club - entry rates will also be reduced. Got 30 cars in your club? - invite them out! Use Driven as the annual convention for your car club. We also be hosting our very first Swap meet. Bring your old parts and sell/trade them with other enthusiasts. Even bring your modified car for sale! This is all indoors - the Oval can fit 300+ vehicles.

We really want to make the section of the show more grassroots for the enthusiasts.

Event date is June 12, 2010 at the Calgary Olympic Oval.

inline6turbo
01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
That could be interesting. Not sure it'll attract more traffic though, not many people would be interested in seeing the "j body" club meet. Quality over quantity :dunno:

Mark Seto
01-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
That could be interesting. Not sure it'll attract more traffic though, not many people would be interested in seeing the "j body" club meet. Quality over quantity :dunno:

Thanks for the concern Renee. The area's will be seperated by draping, with one entry/exit point. Almost to a point where its a seperate show so there will be a totally different vibe, look and feel in this area.

The other zones here: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/292507/driven-2010-june-12-olympic-oval/

KandabashiDevil
01-28-2010, 10:50 PM
This is a great idea! Organizers deserve recognition in an attempt to involve more people who don't have the same opportunities as others.

Originally posted by inline6turbo
Quality over quantity :dunno:

Either you're very young, or you're new to Calgary.
The show scene here is stagnant! Current vendors are established without contest. Everyone knows what SpeedTech, Tunerworks, Davenport, etc. are capable of.

Now there's a chance for some young or unknown enthusiasts to get involved and have fun ... Without having to build a SPOON S2000, VEILSIDE NSX, or COMPTECH Escalade. For better or worse, this idea should receive commendation at its' effort to plant seeds and promote growth in the community.

Glad to see DRIVEN return!
Very anxious to see what local talent enrolls in the "Not-So-Show" :)

Mark Seto
01-28-2010, 10:57 PM
You nailed it KandabashiDevil. I personally like see "show cars under construction" ;).

The challenge and risk to us is our traditional branding. With good show management and floorplan design, we will do our best to achieve both.

inline6turbo
01-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
This is a great idea! Organizers deserve recognition in an attempt to involve more people who don't have the same opportunities as others.

Either you're very young, or you're new to Calgary.
The show scene here is stagnant! Current vendors are established without contest. Everyone knows what SpeedTech, Tunerworks, Davenport, etc. are capable of.

Now there's a chance for some young or unknown enthusiasts to get involved and have fun ... Without having to build a SPOON S2000, VEILSIDE NSX, or COMPTECH Escalade. For better or worse, this idea should receive commendation at its' effort to plant seeds and promote growth in the community.

Glad to see DRIVEN return!
Very anxious to see what local talent enrolls in the "Not-So-Show" :)

Lol

I'm only asking because of the negative backlash that was seen in the 2005 DTP when there was a booth of about 10 STOCK cavaliers. There's a difference between up and coming enthusiasts and your moms daily driver.

I would just like Driven to be an extremely successful event, without the negative press.

inline6turbo
01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by markis

Thanks for the concern Renee. The area's will be seperated by draping, with one entry/exit point. Almost to a point where its a seperate show so there will be a totally different vibe, look and feel in this area.

The other zones here: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/292507/driven-2010-june-12-olympic-oval/

And that sounds great! I'm really looking forward to it!

Bizzareo
01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm trying to convince my dad to go. Doesn't look like he will be ready in time :thumbsdow

RUQUIKR
01-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I think the 3rd zone is a great idea provided the cars are modded like Renee mentioned.

Shlade
01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
umm your gonna attract all the faggots from the cobalt crew that like to rip up and down barlow on saturday to it...

cjay^
01-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
umm your gonna attract all the faggots from the cobalt crew that like to rip up and down barlow on saturday to it...

this

Lol fwd

Mark Seto
01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RUQUIKR
I think the 3rd zone is a great idea provided the cars are modded like Renee mentioned.

All vehicles will be modified except for classics/exotics/etc. Its the level of modification that will be the different from the car club zone and the performance zone.

Mark Seto
01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

We want to find something for everyone enthusiasts - I guess some hate will come along when you involve all groups :)

loass720
01-29-2010, 08:30 PM
So where will minitrucks be? I want to go with my club but is my full show truck gonna be stuck in the club section since its not really a performance truck, its all for show.

Mark Seto
01-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by loass720
So where will minitrucks be? I want to go with my club but is my full show truck gonna be stuck in the club section since its not really a performance truck, its all for show.

Any show trucks/cars will be moved into the performance zone with the other competitive entries. Your club will be moved into the club area.

Let's say you club has 10 trucks: 5 show, 5 under construction

With the 5 fully done show trucks, you can build a more professional display in the performance zone.

The other 5 can be in the club area.

streethondas
01-30-2010, 12:34 AM
yo i want my car in driven this year for sure :D

Ron@Revolution
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a great idea!:thumbsup:

King Banana
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Sounds cool, if I get suspension by then I would def try to get my car entered in the ghetto zone!

sneek
01-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Every car should get some love. I am sure there is someone out there that can appreciate a modded cavi.

A couple years back I was detailing at the show and there was quite a bit of hate for this one focus with M3 side grills. Sucks to be that guy, but at the same time, at least the guy was enthusiastic enough to actually do something for his car.

Team_Mclaren
01-30-2010, 07:55 PM
If i wanna see a bunch of stock/lightly modded cars i'd go walk around the Chinook parking lot....:dunno: :rofl: :rofl: