PDA

View Full Version : where to get Bhut Jolokia peppers?

xxxazntigerxx
01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
is it that hot lol wanna try for myself thanks

Vince1
01-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh man lemme know if you find 'em... I wanna try some of those myself!

xxxazntigerxx
01-29-2010, 12:28 AM
where to get habanero's? that will do too hahahah

ExtraSlow
01-29-2010, 08:13 AM
I've bought Habaneros from Sobeys.

Too hot for me. A single pepper without seeds is enough to render a crockpot of chili almost inedible.

I'll stick to my sissy-assed Jalepenos.

Mar
01-29-2010, 09:53 AM
I'd like to know too, my girlfriend loves hot sauces. She has one bottle that comes in a medicine container and has a warning label on the outside about using it.

dj_rice
01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I'd like to know too, my girlfriend loves hot sauces. She has one bottle that comes in a medicine container and has a warning label on the outside about using it.

Seen on FoodTV, a company in the states makes a hot sauce where you have to sign a waiver before eating in case you die. They dipped a needle in the sauce, and put it on some guys tongue, and he started coughing and sweating and almost passed out

Vince1
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Seen on FoodTV, a company in the states makes a hot sauce where you have to sign a waiver before eating in case you die. They dipped a needle in the sauce, and put it on some guys tongue, and he started coughing and sweating and almost passed out

Sammy J Peppers (I think that's what its called) in Van has a wall of exotic high-end, high scoville rated hot sauces, my GF brought me back this stuff Da Bomb Beyond Insanity, it's like 180000 scovilles or something (tabasco is like 3000ish)... check this out:

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/

urban.one
01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Scotch Bonnet and Habaneros are pretty hot. They rank below the Bhut Jolkia on the Scoville scale but once you start getting into a high enough range theres no taste just burning. You can get the Scotch Bonnet and Habaneros at most groceries that are well stocked.

If you are cooking with any of those peppers be very careful. Dont get any oil from the seeds on your skin or it can burn for hours or even days. You might even want to go to the extent of wearing food handling gloves depending on how you need to prepare the pepper.

ExtraSlow
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Good point about the gloves. I never used to do that, just washed my hands a couple of times after handling. Turns out that's not enough.
One night, I guess I touched my eye in my sleep, and I woke up in intense eyeball pain, tears streaming down my face. That was a bad scene.
I wear the gloves now, you can count on it.

Mar
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Seen on FoodTV, a company in the states makes a hot sauce where you have to sign a waiver before eating in case you die. They dipped a needle in the sauce, and put it on some guys tongue, and he started coughing and sweating and almost passed out I think she had that. She went down to Texas a few years ago and had to sign a waiver at a restaurant to eat some hot sauce. She liked it but the next few days she was pretty sick. She collects sauces from all over the world now, I had some on my pizza a few weeks ago and couldn't go farther than arm's reach from the kitchen tap for an hour.

JfuckinC
01-29-2010, 12:55 PM
haha i squeezed pepper seeds into my friends water at a viet place, then touched my face and eyes
holy fuck, i thought i was going to die

Kritafo
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I made some pepper jelly had to double up on gloves my hands strung for days because I didn't double up on sauce when using hot peppers.

xxxazntigerxx
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
sounds spicy i wanna try, the more you eat dont you build tolerence

Benny
01-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Speaking from personal experience, wear gloves when handling super hot peppers. It wasn't so bad against my hands, just stung for a couple hours. It was when I went to take a piss afterwards. Lordy Jesus my cock burnt for hours haha.

962 kid
01-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
haha i squeezed pepper seeds into my friends water at a viet place, then touched my face and eyes
holy fuck, i thought i was going to die

I did that at uni... picked some peppers off of my viet sub and rubbed my eyes after. I spent the next 25 mins in the bathroom trying to rinse them out. My eyes were red and swollen up like a mofo. The kicker was, when I was filing into my next class with the other 200 odd students, my friend shouted "don't worry man, its not a big deal you'll get over her"

euphoria
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Benny
Speaking from personal experience, wear gloves when handling super hot peppers. It wasn't so bad against my hands, just stung for a couple hours. It was when I went to take a piss afterwards. Lordy Jesus my cock burnt for hours haha.

Reminds me of when we went out to eat Vietnamese, and one of my friends used the chilli peppers and went to take a piss after also. :rofl:

xxxazntigerxx
01-29-2010, 11:34 PM
^ what are the vietnamese pepper called they are not that hot... lol

cancer man
01-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Chinese capsium peppers 500000 scovilles scale..
used in the making of bear spray.Hottest pepper known.

Capsicum Extract "Cayenne/Red Pepper Juice"

Introduction

Capsicum, natures greatest stimulant, is extracted from the hot red chile pepper and then transformed from concentrate into 100% pure juice which will not upset the stomach or digestive system when used internally.

We have used capsicum extract internally and externally for approximately 10 years now and do shooters of 1 oz. capsicum straight or mixed 50/50 with water, V8 or grapefruit juice etc. every day.

The reason Mexican's do not get sick from drinking polluted water is because they eat hot red peppers daily. Bread is traditionally used to cool the heat." No pain no gain!"

Capsicum kills harmful bacteria inside the body and is used to heal and prevent infection from sores, burns and injuries as well! "Read Back to Eden"

Capsicum is so safe that Mace, which is made from hot peppers, causes no adverse effects when sprayed directly into the eyes of an adversary. In fact it could even be considered a health treatment for the eyes!

(Burns like hell in my opinion)

dj_rice
01-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by xxxazntigerxx
^ what are the vietnamese pepper called they are not that hot... lol

In Viet subs, its usually either jalapeno or Thai bird chilies

dansmith11
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
did anyone ever find these?

im eating habenero peppers pretty regularly now.. thats only like 150-300k scoville units though.

need more heat!

sdevils15
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I have seen some dried ghost peppers at Coop on 11th ave, not sure if they are as hot as regular ghost peppers though.

n1zm0
01-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dansmith11
did anyone ever find these?

im eating habenero peppers pretty regularly now.. thats only like 150-300k scoville units though.

need more heat!

law enforcement pepper spray, then upgrade to bear spray, very nice on eggs.

but i just order it off the interwebs if you really want, always in moderation of course unless you want to puke up your insides:
UV1p-3mAJk4

Offroad
01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Sobeys in forest lawn......almost killed stepson with them :devil: also known as ghost peppers ones i got imported from holland