PDA

View Full Version : Mental problems

Denny8569
01-29-2010, 05:53 AM
As you some of you know I have come off all my medication and I only take a half of a 1 mg of Aprazolam and that helps take some of the nerve endings off for me. I totally feel high all the time. I know it takes time to get use to medication when you go on them, but does it take a lot of time for you to get off of them too?

I trip over my feet, I feel out of control sometimes, my emotions are rocky and I do not always feel here. I feel I am here and there. I feel....I do not know how I feel. Like I am light as a feather. I could get into a car crash, because I am unsure about how and what I am doing behind the wheel. Luck for me I only drive to work and maybe to the store.

I have decided to come back here because I know who my true friends are and will stand by me know matter what my condition is. I am ashamed of the way I feel and act sometimes, I feel know one really knows me like my Baby U sisters. I need the hugs right now. I am lost, feeling really lost.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond.

Meback
01-29-2010, 06:01 AM
strong first post.

MackDawg
01-29-2010, 07:19 AM
When you say you have come off all your medication, except for one, did you just come to a complete stop from taking them or did you slowly ween (sp?) your self off?

because if you just stopped taking them cold turkey thats prob a good reason your feeling unstable.

Zhariak
01-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Are we talking about anti-depressants?

Neil4Speed
01-29-2010, 07:40 AM
Denny, I would tell you to speak to a doctor, maybe check yourself into Rehab or something.

Hope you find the solution to the way your feeling.

benz_890
01-29-2010, 09:32 AM
I have schizophrenia and stopped taking my meds

Zhariak
01-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd get back on them...

Mar
01-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Looks like someone left themselves logged in on a public computer.

cherpintow
01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Awkward

Kloubek
01-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Your true friends are online?

Anyhoo....

IF this is a serious advice request:

Whatever you do - do NOT stop taking drugs that control emotions cold-turkey. I've been on antidepressants, and when I stopped cold turkey the symptoms came back like a freight train.

If you don't like the side effects, then see your doctor. There are plenty of alternatives in the same family which may have lesser side effects, such as clonazepam, diazepam, lorazepam, flurazepam, and others.

Did you start on 1mg? Dosing for that drug can be as low as 1/4 mg/day. If you find it is controlling the panic attacks 100%, then you might want to consider lowering the daily dose.

The first antidepressant I took when I was like, 15, was called Amitriptyline. Horrible, horrible stuff. It caused me to be confused, and gave me cotton mouth like I just smoked 10 joints in a row. Then I tried a couple more until I got one which worked for me.

Don't self-medicate. See your doctor and get it worked out asap. And take the damn bus.