PDA

View Full Version : What places to buy JDM/Imported Vehicles?

. o 69 o .
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I have been looking to buy a rhd EG6 and was just wondering the names of importers in calgary any of you guys have purchased your cars from.

The only 2 I know of are JDM Tuners and JDM source. If anyone can chime in, it would be appreciated. Thanks

strong
01-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Beyond marketplace :dunno:

. o 69 o .
01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
so beyond is now an importer? I am looking to import one, not buy one that is currently here

top_speed
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
jdmsource so far the best, got my 180sx from them and had no problems.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

misterrick
01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
+1 for jdmsource. i bought my eg6 from there, it got STOLEN, i got it back, drove it for 6 months with no issues. then turbo'd it :thumbsup:

why would you want to import one yourself rather that being able to actually SEE and DRIVE the car your buying? what happens when you pick out a car and it gets beat to shit on the way over?

and beyond is not an importer, they meant check the marketplace because everyone and their cat seems to be selling theirs :facepalm:

GTO
01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I imported a car from importconcern and was exactly as descried and had no problems with them.

. o 69 o .
01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by misterrick

and beyond is not an importer, they meant check the marketplace because everyone and their cat seems to be selling theirs :facepalm:

yea, i got that . . before .....:facepalm:

Boostzilla
01-31-2010, 01:20 PM
check these guys out
zenautoworks

quadracer111
04-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Best importers/exporters (no particular order)
jdmconnection
zenautoworks
braveautointernational
pacific coast jdm

AVOID
terra2imports
tyeeimports
And this one that is in red deer (cant think of name, they have some kijiji ads).

beyond_ban
04-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by quadracer111
AVOID
terra2imports
tyeeimports
And this one that is in red deer (cant think of name, they have some kijiji ads).

Any reasoning behind tyee? I had a friend who purchased a Fairlady 4-5 years ago (when RHD's were sorta cool) and he had no problems.

quadracer111
04-12-2010, 08:37 AM
^^ He usually brings in accident grade or "R" grade vehicles.
There have been people that have had good luck with him and people that have had bad luck. I just know that he does not get "cream of the crop" and it show's in his inventory. Why go through him when there are several quality importers that I listed above.

calgaryFTO
04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Zenauto if you are looking for looking for / willing to pay for a great car.

Sean brought my FTO in recently, you can tell from his website (no auction crap) that he won't bother with most of the crap that comes through the auction channels.

Justin-88
04-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by quadracer111
Best importers/exporters (no particular order)
jdmconnection
zenautoworks
braveautointernational
pacific coast jdm

AVOID
terra2imports
tyeeimports

Alberta Sport & Import ? Is that the Red Deer one your talking about ?

tentacles
04-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Brave auto is based in Japan. I think Zen auto is Brave auto's agent here in Canada.

quadracer111
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Justin-88

Alberta Sport & Import ? Is that the Red Deer one your talking about ?
No it is not.
Brave auto is in Japan, but he can easily bring in a car through for you... Hes a nice guy, just contact him.
William is in Edmonton (Jdmconnection), awesome guy, brings in good cars.