PDA

View Full Version : Man makes smashing statement on Toyota recall

roopi
02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BATON ROUGE - After a week of massive recalls on many of its vehicles a Louisiana Toyota dealership takes a hit.

Officials say a disgruntled customer rammed his truck into the front a Toyota dealership this morning.

They say the man no longer wanted his Toyota truck because of the recall on its accelerator issue, but instead of accepting an offer to have the vehicle repaired..
he drove off.

Officials say that's when the man smashed into the building, he claimed he lost control after his accelerator got stuck.

Authorities say no one was hurt and the man did not receive a citation.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/man-makes-smashing-statement-toyota-recall

2002civic
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

UndrgroundRider
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
:burnout: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pretty hard for Toyota to argue with that one.

Altezza
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
lol

max_boost
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Wow that is awesome. hahaha

beyond_ban
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

That is awesome.

Thaco
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
that's wicked, i don't think I'd have the balls to do it, but it is hilarious

max_boost
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Just watched CNN and apparently they figured out a solution to the problems.

Any class action lawsuits being filed? Someone has to go for the $$$

Altezza
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Yup, Class action filed!

heavyD
02-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I wonder how the conversation went after the crash? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nonlinear
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
nice... although personally, i'd rather try and deal with my anger in a more effective way than damaging my truck

frozenrice
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Is the media ever hyping this thing out of proportion. Toyota has enough integrity to take the necessary measures to fix something that probably isn't as bad as the media is making it out to be (doubt that the Big Three would admit to something like this), yet the media reports that people are all upset and no longer trust Toyota, blah, blah, blah.
There's a good chance this story was blown up a bit just for added effect. :rolleyes:

revelations
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
2 questions:

Was it a manual transmission truck?
(would show what a retarded driver you are if youre throttle got stuck and didnt know what the clutch and brake does).

Has the ECU been pulled?

It would show every detail of the accident, including the throttle position at the time of the crash and if any of the other pedals (eg. brake) were pressed prior to engine off.

CMW403
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by revelations
2 questions:

(would show what a retarded driver you are if youre throttle got stuck and didnt know what the clutch and brake does).

Has the ECU been pulled?

It would show every detail of the accident, including the throttle position at the time of the crash and if any of the other pedals (eg. brake) were pressed prior to engine off.

i think you're over-analyzing and missing the point at the same time my friend.

revelations
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Its my day job to over analyze :poosie:

I guess my point was that the situation seemed highly suspicious, given the circumstances and the odds.

Thaco
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Is the media ever hyping this thing out of proportion. Toyota has enough integrity to take the necessary measures to fix something that probably isn't as bad as the media is making it out to be (doubt that the Big Three would admit to something like this), yet the media reports that people are all upset and no longer trust Toyota, blah, blah, blah.
There's a good chance this story was blown up a bit just for added effect. :rolleyes: whether or not it's being blown out of proportion, the MAJOR complaint in the whole thing is not the actual recall, it's the fact that Toyota sent the first batch of the replacement parts to THEIR FACTORIES, not to the dealerships to fix CUSTOMER CARS.

adidas
02-01-2010, 03:49 PM
That is beyond awesome!

Tomaz
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by adidas
That is "Beyond.ca" awesome!

Yes, yes it is.:D

TorqueDog
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Hilarious! :rofl:

There's a good chance this story was blown up a bit just for added effect. :rolleyes: Oh shut up already. Any automaker would do the same thing - but if this was a domestic manufacturer, you'd have NO qualms about making them out to be rubbish for having the problem in the first place.

I have a hard time believing you'd be making the same excuses if this was GM in the hot-seat.

Cos
02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

Oh shut up already. Any automaker would do the same thing - but if this was a domestic manufacturer, you'd have NO qualms about making them out to be rubbish for having the problem in the first place.

I have a hard time believing you'd be making the same excuses if this was GM in the hot-seat.

touche

heavyD
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
There's a good chance this story was blown up a bit just for added effect. :rolleyes:

Actually I'm surprised the story isn't bigger. When's the last time any auto manufacturer stopped selling and manufacturing cars due to a defect they haven't yet solved?

Redlyne_mr2
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
What a loser, buddy needs to grow up.

heavyD
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
What a loser, buddy needs to grow up.

I know you are a Toyota guy but you have to find some humour in that no?

Jlude
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Graham_A_M
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

Oh shut up already. Any automaker would do the same thing - but if this was a domestic manufacturer, you'd have NO qualms about making them out to be rubbish for having the problem in the first place.

Couldn't agree more. That goes for countless people on this forum... Mitsu3000GT, among many others.
:thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Is funny, is funny.

:rofl: :rofl: :burnout: :rofl:

A2VR6
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by revelations
2 questions:

Well if it was a manual trans truck then it would have to be a Tacoma which isn't under the recall so I don't think it was a manual.

wes_v
02-01-2010, 10:59 PM
:rofl: He didn't even recieve a citation, thats awesome.

ShermanEF9
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
even in an auto... i think turning the key would turn it off.

Dizzydude101
02-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Hahaha that's hilarious. You think he'd just sell it, but that's no where near as funny

JRSC00LUDE
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Just watched CNN and apparently they figured out a solution to the problems.

Any class action lawsuits being filed? Someone has to go for the $$$

I'm sure Tony Merchant had one lined up within 3.8 seconds of hearing the news.....

SCHIDER23
02-02-2010, 10:08 AM

Great story, is about time somebody had the balls to make a public statement :thumbsup: .

gqmw
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
LOL :rofl:

And yeah, it's pretty big news about the recall, but I'm actually surprised its not bigger considering its a more "reliable" known company. As well, no sales are being made which is insane. Their normal advertisements in the newspaper tell about the recall instead of advertising cars...that's real bad.

PGTze
02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
:rofl: that's an interesting way to go about it...

89s1
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I know you are a Toyota guy but you have to find some humour in that no?

No kidding...

Take your Toyota nametag off for a second and have the ability to laugh at the situation a little. :rolleyes:

chkolny541
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
even in an auto... i think turning the key would turn it off.

yea but it startles alot of ppl when it actually happens, i had it happen once, was confused for a second then pulled it out of gear, braked and fixed the mat with my other foot and hand. :dunno: :dunno: