PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Washer

guessboi
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
My washer started leaking water from the bottom. Can any one help me out to find the cause of the leak and how to fix it?

I googled but wanna see what fellow beyonders suggest. :D

Ukyo8
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
go to princess auto they have a kit for fixing that

TomcoPDR
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Yea but this could be a number of things... OP, you need to find out where the source of the problem is occuring first though.

Sometimes could be from the spin cycle... or just simply just overload of clothing articles.

Are your washer/dryer in the basement? why not just put it over the drain hole and forget about it, that, to me would be the quickest fix.

Kloubek
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
lol. Just cover and forget it. Nice.

He's right though OP - you gotta figure out where it is leaking from before you know how to fix it.

89s1
02-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Just had this happen to me.

Ran a cycle with the front of the machine off and pulled up a lawn chair to watch it do it's thing.

If it's coming from a hose it's a really quick fix, if it's coming from the bottom of the washtub it's probably the bearing seal and I heard from dear old dad that it was just best to replace the machine.

Mine turned out to be the tub/bearing seal so I just said fuck it. Went and got a fancy new high efficiency front load and didn't bother trying to button up a tired old washer.

Spend a bit and end up saving money in the long run. The new washer uses considerably less water and detergent for a larger load, and spins so fucking fast the cloths come quite dry already. So they spend less time in the dryer. The $125 or $150 government tax credit was a little bonus too. :)