PDA

View Full Version : When to sell convertible

snoop101
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
So im going to be selling my BMW convertible this spring. Anyone know what is the best month to sell it in. I assume people start looking for convertible about a month before the season starts. So im thinking March-April. Though I dont want to put it up to early and have it just sit on the market for 2 months.

bjstare
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I've had the best luck selling bikes in April (I'm assuming it will be similar for a convertible haha). That's when the nice weather starts to come, but the season isn't quite there yet; people really start thinking about how awesome summer will be with their new bike/car. Since they can't quite use it, they want it that much more. :dunno:

snoop101
02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Ya that sounds about right. March can be nice, but then again it can get ugly. So far this years has been good (knocks on desk).

I guess I could try to sell it a month earlier in BC like the Okanagan. I came from there so easy for me to drop it off.

adidas
02-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I would assume selling it well into May/June would be the best bet as you would be getting the most money.

Its like a bike, selling it in the off-season gets you the least amount of money, and selling it through the summerish months would put the most amount of money in your pocket.

At least this is my thinking of it all.

bjstare
02-02-2010, 10:55 PM
^By the time mid June rolls around, prices and demand will start to fall because 1/3 of the season is already gone (depending on how late it goes into sept-oct)... From my experience anyway. I would try to get rid of it before mid-May if it was mine.

turbotrip
02-03-2010, 12:56 AM
i know bike prices start to jump in march, so maybe post it in the end of march and hope to sell it in april

snoop101
02-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok so talked to a few sales people and they say the best time is right after the Auto show in march.

scat19
02-03-2010, 10:35 AM
You have a facelift vert? Those are quite rare!

JAYMEZ
02-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I sold my converts in April , best time for sure.

max_boost
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Just listed mine up. Might not be the best time but I do have a hardtop and it's on winter tires. We'll see!

masoncgy
02-04-2010, 10:13 AM
March-April for sure... start of the warm season and prices rise.

It's also the best time to offload RVs... ;)

JustinGTP
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes, right after the auto show is a good idea. People will have nothing but cars on their minds. But, maybe they'll be lusting after the new models?

snoop101
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JustinGTP
Yes, right after the auto show is a good idea. People will have nothing but cars on their minds. But, maybe they'll be lusting after the new models?

true. Though they might not be able to afford it. Im lucky though that my 04 only has 52k on it. I seen some 06's with more. im going to get it all ready for after the car show and start putting it up. Hopefully the roads will be all clear.

JustinGTP
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

true. Though they might not be able to afford it. Im lucky though that my 04 only has 52k on it. I seen some 06's with more. im going to get it all ready for after the car show and start putting it up. Hopefully the roads will be all clear.

Yeah, I thought that too. Yours would be like an "almost new" car because it has low mileage and would appeal to buyers. Plus, it's "new" to them.