PDA

View Full Version : Junkyards in Calgary

Infusion
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
where should i bring my car to have it scraped?
theres nothing left of it, any information about junkyards, and the number would be helpful. Thanks

sr20s14zenki
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Navaho metals will prolly take it, but you need to strip out all mercury switches, punch a big hole in the gas tank, or remove it, i forget. They have lots of rules

sloan
02-02-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.kidney.ca/Page.aspx?pid=826
Donate it.

Graham_A_M
02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Call Calgary Pick N pull.

Depends how much is left for the car, but they'll generally give you at least $50 for it. :dunno:

sr20s14zenki
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Usually kidney foundation and pick and pull will not accept cars with anything missing. They want a complete car, or nothing.

Infusion
02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
yeah theres basically no body parts left of it, the interior is gone, ill be taking the wheels. so whats left is the frame, the engine.

theken
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
leave it in your alley with no plate, take the vin off (all of them) and call parking on it, it will go to the impound and taken to the scrap metal place, if you dont wabt hassle. or just call a tow truck scrap place out of the paper and they will give you 20 bucks and tow it for free.

5000Audi
02-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by theken
leave it in your alley with no plate, take the vin off (all of them) and call parking on it, it will go to the impound and taken to the scrap metal place, if you dont wabt hassle. or just call a tow truck scrap place out of the paper and they will give you 20 bucks and tow it for free.

they wont pay em anything..most time for a car not complete you will have to pay now.. turned all around now..

just go to kijiji and look for scrap car removal..

and just for info.. what kinda car is this...if its a good car with a good engine still i bet a beyonder would take it off you for free

Zero102
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Is this the smashed silver integra on 25th ave NW? If it is I have called bylaw on you 3 times to get rid of that piece of shit. I saw kids playing in it the other day and some white guy parked in the middle of the street to steal some parts from it.

As far as being helpful goes, look in the phone book for scrap metal outfits, lots of them will pick up and take away shells for free. You won't get anything for it, but hey, at least it's gone.

benz_890
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Abbeydale Towing, he sai dthey would take a car like this

metrosfinest
02-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).
# Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
# "private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers

ReflexFX
02-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by sloan
http://www.kidney.ca/Page.aspx?pid=826
Donate it.

This.