PDA

View Full Version : Fans of Two and a half Men?

JDMMAN
02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
In the past I've only caught episodes on and off... but damn starting from season 5 things are getting even funnier!

Charlie is so smooth! :bigpimp: need to use some of his tactics in my playbook :thumbsup: :D

beyond_ban
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Ya i love that show, and i have been watching it for a while., Kinda trippy to see how old the kid has gotten in the newest season.

scat19
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I love two and a half men. The humour is so good.

Charlie is the man.

You're right beyondban, from the pilot to now, he's gone from small kid to teenager.

Kloubek
02-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I actually thought the show was funnier when he was younger, and an annoying kid. Now he's just an annoying teen; nothing new there.

JAYMEZ
02-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Always good to watch ! I used to watch the show just to see Candy when Allen was married to her ahha.

bubbley
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
One of my favorite shows :thumbsup:

teknical
02-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Mondays episode was pretty funny.

Charlies fiance is a smoke-show! :drool:

Unknown303
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I really enjoy the show but as time goes on I hate Allen more and more.

snoop101
02-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Watched since the start. Love it.. Every character is writen well. that includes the guest appearences.

Trini
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I actually thought the show was funnier when he was younger, and an annoying kid. Now he's just an annoying teen; nothing new there.

I agree

beecue
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

:werd: It was way better when the kid was younger but it's still decent. I think the 3 other CBS comedies on Monday are a lot funnier now.

snoop101
02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Best thing about jack when he was younger is that he was discovering sexual stuff.. which was so funny...

"You know" ... "You know"

shakalaka
02-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I used to watch it episode/episode every season. Kinda got bored of it eventually since it's same bloody thing done in a different way. Still don't mind catching an episode or so if on tv.

JDMMAN
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
A question for those who've watched this religiously....

Did it ever show what happened to the Ferrari that Charlie was "conned" into buying from his "step-sister" in season 5?

2002civic
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
^^I don't recall ever hearing about that again.

403Gemini
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Always good to watch ! I used to watch the show just to see Candy when Allen was married to her ahha.

Hell yes... man she was hot :drool:

mekeni
02-04-2010, 04:37 PM
one of the funniest show on tv today...

oilerfan4lyfe
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Hilarious show...I do agree that Jake is kind of annoying now.

It really makes no sense when you think about it because Alan isn't paying alimony anymore and should be able to afford his own place but it's not the type of show you use your brain for anyways. Along with BBT and HIMYM it makes for a fantastic lineup.

snoop101
02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe
Hilarious show...I do agree that Jake is kind of annoying now.

It really makes no sense when you think about it because Alan isn't paying alimony anymore and should be able to afford his own place but it's not the type of show you use your brain for anyways. Along with BBT and HIMYM it makes for a fantastic lineup.

And the new prego chick.

As for Alan though I think hes to cheap to go out and get his own place. Plus hes been there so long he would prbably feel lonely. We went though this one episode where his mom tried to get him into a new place by the airport.. lol

JAYMEZ
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
A question for those who've watched this religiously....

Did it ever show what happened to the Ferrari that Charlie was "conned" into buying from his "step-sister" in season 5?

Never saw what happened to that.. That was Jenny McCarthey wasnt it?

JDMMAN
02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Yup that was Jenny McCarthey

rage2
09-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Wow, the show is brutal without Charlie Sheen.

Jlude
09-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Gotta download it and check it out. Was watching the Charlie Sheen roast instead... it was pretty funny, kinda tame though, for Charlie

dirtsniffer
09-19-2011, 10:16 PM
my audio is fucked. off by atleast ten seconds

drtoohotty1
09-19-2011, 10:17 PM
i liked how dharma and gregs relationship really was :rofl: :rofl:

Aleks
09-19-2011, 10:17 PM

Mibz
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
:dunno: I liked the episode. It was funny. I LOLed at John Stamos. BAD MEMORY! I like that they brought back most of the women too.

The transition is awkward but as long as the show stays funny I'll keep watching.

That said, I don't know why I still watch HIMYM.

Xtrema
09-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Meh, too much Kelso in this episode. Schmidt is a bitch like Alan. But the last few mins holds out some hope. Cant really replace Charlie.

rage2
09-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Gotta download it and check it out. Was watching the Charlie Sheen roast instead... it was pretty funny, kinda tame though, for Charlie
Yup, the roast was hilarious!

Originally posted by Mibz
:dunno: I liked the episode. It was funny. I LOLed at John Stamos. BAD MEMORY! I like that they brought back most of the women too.
Yea I dunno, didn't find it funny at all. It's like having 2 Alans on the show. Just doesn't work. Then there's the nudity. If I wanna see male nudity, I'll tune in to Tosh.0 lol.

Agreed. The 2 eps tonight was uber gay. Ironic how NPH, who's gay, is the only non gay storyline on the show lol.

J.D.
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Roast was good. Agree on it being tame for Charlie.

Show without Sheen however sucked even with all the people they brought in it still wasnt funny.

Kritafo
09-20-2011, 06:44 AM

The transition is awkward but as long as the show stays funny I'll keep watching.

HIMYM sucked last night when the second episode came on we flipped. 2 1/2 men...the best part of the whole show was the last 3 mins.

anyone notice if there was a vanity card at the end of 2 1/2?

rage2
09-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Yea, the vanity card was a picture of tin cans.

Kritafo
09-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I just went and looked it up. I know the vanity card site has been put up before but with the upcoming season here it is again.

http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php

beecue
09-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I thought it was decent. It doesn't matter to me that Sheen is gone. All of Chuck Lorre's shows are good, so it should continue to be funny.

JordanEG6
09-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Yup, the roast was hilarious!

I dunno, I thought it was terrible. It wasn't very funny compared to the Trump and Hoff Roasts.

They were missing Lisa Lampanelli and Whitney Cummings, whom are probably the funnier roasters. And Greg Giraldo is dead, and he's the best one.

Sugarphreak
09-20-2011, 08:13 AM

rage2
09-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Even though it was a TBC... I have no urge to tune in for the next one.
I'm going to give it a try for at least 2-3 more episodes. 2 and a half men was the only show I looked forward to every week, non stop laughter for 30 (well, 22) mins. I was hoping AK could somehow miraculously save the show. So far, not so much.

T-Dubbs
09-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Charlie>kelso

Sugarphreak
09-20-2011, 09:26 AM

kenny
09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Aside from the Stamos bad memory scene I don't think I laughed until there was 3-4 minutes left in the show.

With that said, the show might still work. Last season it seemed like the same old jokes over and over again so I lost interest.

rage2
09-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Like Charlie Sheen said last night on the Roast, it's not about Winning anymore, because he's already Won.

Charlie Sheen settles with Warner Bros for $100m

Charlie Sheen has reportedly settled with Warner Bros. for $100 million.

The actor - who launched a multi-million dollar legal battle against the studio and 'Two and a Half Men' creator Chuck Lorre after he was fired from the sitcom earlier this year for problems in his private life and personal attacks against Chuck - is set to immediately receive $25 million in the next two weeks.

The instant payment is thought to represent the wages owed to him for the work he already performed on the series and the profits that have been generated following his appearances on the show.

Charlie - who previously referred to Chuck as a "clown" - is set to receive a total of $100 million from the settlement in syndication profits from the sitcom over the next seven to 10 years, according to TMZ.com.

The 46-year-old star issued a heartfelt good luck message to his former 'Two and a Half Men' colleagues and new star Ashton Kutcher on Sunday (18.09.11) at the Primetime Emmy Awards.

He told the crowd at the ceremony in Los Angeles: "I want to take a moment to get something off my chest and say a few words to everybody here from 'Two and a Half Men'.

"From the bottom of my heart I wish you nothing but the best for this upcoming season. We spent eight wonderful years together ... and I know you will continue to make great television."

beecue
09-20-2011, 10:27 AM
CBS easily won the first night of the season as Two and Half Men scored nearly 28 million viewers to go along with its 10.3 adults 18-49 rating (leading not only the night, but any scripted show in the 2010-11 season by a wide margin) and was up more than 100% from last year's season premiere.

That's crazy, scripted shows haven't come close to those kind of numbers for a while.

cancer man
09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Charlie is still full of win...Nobody can even come close to his life style.Burning the candle at both ends can now be related to Sheen.

BigMass
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by beecue

That's crazy, scripted shows haven't come close to those kind of numbers for a while.

The entire show could have been a giant turd on the screen and it would have done those numbers because of curiosity. Just because something gets insane numbers doesn’t mean it’s good. Lets see how those numbers hold up after 1-2 seasons have passed. It’s easy to get big numbers. If Obama said that tonight he’ll be on the air live filming himself taking a shit he’d probably get 200 million views. Only reason people tuned in is because of all the hype and Charlie being gone and a new actor taking his place etc. Not surprising at all

Xtrema
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I'd say Schmidt is just going to continue walking around bumbling into money and girls with dumb luck instead of how Charlie was more manipulating and scheming. Kind of takes the fun out of the show, it was funny because he was always screwing Allen over... now most of the show will be Allen moaping about his bad luck all the time instead.

I hate any episodes that has heavy Allen theme. I don't think they can afford to keep Schmidt as bumbling idiot. Then it's just another Allen but with money.

The dynamic was winner/loser siblings. Not loser/loser with more money.

That said, I'll keep watching. Kutcher basically said it took 3-4 episodes in before he's comfortable. Hope that shows on screen.

The line about Charlie having 3 mortgages on the house, wonder if that's a dig at Sheen's real life?

Jlude
09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

The line about Charlie having 3 mortgages on the house, wonder if that's a dig at Sheen's real life?

Unless there's something unknown. Charlie has made 100 million off the show before he was fired, and was just awarded another 100 something more. Don't think that was the case, but who knows, maybe when they stopped payment, he was actually tight for money.

Xtrema
09-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Unless there's something unknown. Charlie has made 100 million off the show before he was fired, and was just awarded another 100 something more. Don't think that was the case, but who knows, maybe when they stopped payment, he was actually tight for money.

Well, I don't know.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/17/charlie-sheen-two-and-a-half-men-contract-warner-bros-cbs-advance-10-million-episode-salary-loan/

WB did advanced him $10M and that wasn't worked off til episode 14 in Season 7. And he immediately sold the house after being fired. He was short on $ for a while.

Jlude
09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Well, I don't know.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/17/charlie-sheen-two-and-a-half-men-contract-warner-bros-cbs-advance-10-million-episode-salary-loan/

WB did advanced him $10M and that wasn't worked off til episode 14 in Season 7. And he immediately sold the house after being fired. He was short on $ for a while.

Oh ya, forgot about that. Maybe that really was a legit dig at sheen.

Xtrema
09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8XzoC.jpg

Xtrema
09-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Steve-O, WTF?
2ElAMUYKogM

Neil4Speed
09-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Hahha I'm with Shatner "Steve-O, What the fuck?..."

J.D.
09-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

The entire show could have been a giant turd on the screen and it would have done those numbers because of curiosity. Just because something gets insane numbers doesn’t mean it’s good. Lets see how those numbers hold up after 1-2 seasons have passed. It’s easy to get big numbers. If Obama said that tonight he’ll be on the air live filming himself taking a shit he’d probably get 200 million views. Only reason people tuned in is because of all the hype and Charlie being gone and a new actor taking his place etc. Not surprising at all

I gotta agree one big night dont make you wealthy makes you a one hit wonder, better to have lots of years of consistent viewers and money.

As per 1-2 more seasons I will be surprised if they dont pull this off the air soon.

ZorroAMG
09-25-2011, 12:41 AM
You have to establish characters properly in a transition like that. It also gives a story line to introduce and create a new dynamic that will eventually lead (as already evidenced in the last couple of minutes) to AK dominating Alan. He just needs to get his groove back after being dumped by his chick and get back to being the big swingin dick...pun intended.

It's about creating episode arcs within the whole season's full storyline.