PDA

View Full Version : Tips for being waitlisted

bignerd
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Any tips or info on being waitlisted at SAIT? Looks like I am getting waitlisted for ALL 3 programs I applied for...

OCDP
02-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I'd also be curious to know if there's any "tips" I applied for the Network Technician but was told it's full. I'm tempted to keep working through the summer, pay off debt and save up and re-apply for the fall.

What's BS to me is that on sait's website it says apply 2 months in advance, which I did, more than two months in advance and yet the course is full.

I heard with waitlists they take the person with better grades over someone with not so good grades? I'm probably wrong though

Mibz
02-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I was wait-listed for CT a long time ago. I had shit grades in the pre-reqs but a Letter of Rec from my high school Comp teacher and I got in.

I know they give preference to older candidates, not sure about grades though.

OCDP
02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Interesting.. too bad I've been out of school since '04, I'd call them up. Pretty shitty for them to say apply 2 months in advance and I do just that, but it's already somehow full. Pretty fucking annoying considering I've been waiting to apply since September. More waiting.

Bottom line is keep bugging them early and get in before everyone else I suppose.

FraserB
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Dunno why they said to wait but you can apply starting in November. I think they do give preference to "mature" students.

2Valve0
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
They accept everyone with half decent grades...if your waitlisted you most likely need to have better grades to be accepted...with the acception of apprentices of course

Mibz
02-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by OCDP
Pretty shitty for them to say apply 2 months in advance and I do just that, but it's already somehow full. Network Tech is a Fast Track program right? Is it so hard to believe that 30 people applied before you? It's not like IT where they can take 150 people in.

OCDP
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Network Tech is a Fast Track program right? Is it so hard to believe that 30 people applied before you? It's not like IT where they can take 150 people in.

Yeah, it's the fast track. Apparantley they take in 24 people and it's already full for April, so they said I should be waitlisted. And even then, they only accept 3 or 4 for the wait list. I'm not in a position at my current job to say "I might start school in April, but I might not... and I can't tell you when I'll know" haha. So I am thinking fall is my best bet, plus it gives me my summer. Hopefully my parents don't boot me out of the house before then. I'm not old, only 23 but hopefully they would look at me as a mature student.

Anyways, sorry OP :hijack: My bad!