PDA

View Full Version : Squash Racquet?

nodoubtt
02-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Can anyone recommend a squash racquet for my friend who's starting out but plans on sticking with squash? Basically something that isn't just for beginners and will last for a while. If possible to keep it to a budget of $50-60 it'd be sweet.
I remember when I got my first racquet from sportcheck it was on sale from $120 to $60 so if any deals like that are going on that'd be great! thanks for the help!

bigboom
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by nodoubtt
Can anyone recommend a squash racquet for my friend who's starting out but plans on sticking with squash? Basically something that isn't just for beginners and will last for a while. If possible to keep it to a budget of $50-60 it'd be sweet.
I remember when I got my first racquet from sportcheck it was on sale from $120 to $60 so if any deals like that are going on that'd be great! thanks for the help!

i've got an older one that i can sell if he would like. it's a head ti180g. it'll be hard to get a racquet he can grow with at $50.

Intent_Fire
02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Yea, im also curious too, I just broke mine yesterday so I need a new one.

BigMass
02-06-2010, 03:54 PM
for any racquet sport gear check these guys out near Marda Loop. They have a huge selection and good prices. I've known the owners for a long time since i used to be big into tennis and they're great people. Sport Check is horrible and i'd rather support a mom and pop store especially when their prices are better than Sport Check and have better selection

http://www.racquetcentral.ca/

j.lai
02-06-2010, 04:19 PM
sportchek has a sale on all raquets for 30% off. I'm not sure if it is still on though, I remember them saying the promo ends 1st or 2nd week of feb

npham
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
for any racquet sport gear check these guys out near Marda Loop. They have a huge selection and good prices. I've known the owners for a long time since i used to be big into tennis and they're great people. Sport Check is horrible and i'd rather support a mom and pop store especially when their prices are better than Sport Check and have better selection

http://www.racquetcentral.ca/

These guys are wicked. Bought racquets and got some re-strung there too. But if you are only spending the 50 bucks or so, you might be better off finding a Dunlop, Black Knight or Head from Sports Chek on sale.

tobslau
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by nodoubtt

Generally the intermediate racquets can range beween 60-120 dollars - It all depends what type of player your friend is too. Many things to consider:

How heavy is the racquet - Usually want lightweight
Balance - Head heavy, even, headlight
Headsize - Oversize, midsize, small
Stiffnesss - Extra stiff, stiff, flexible

All play a huge factor when selecting a new racquet
If you friend has no idea what to do look for, go to racquet central or any clubs with a sport shop for proper advice. No offense to sport chek staff - but they most likely have never even played the sport, let alone know what the proper racquet is for you.

PM me too if you have any questions - I work at a sport shop as well

Super_Geo
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't bother getting a cheap racquet... get a good intermediate one to start with. Tell him to spend $150-200 on a racquet he'll use for the next 5 years and only need to get restrung a couple of times, instead of a $60 racquet he'll use for under a year before he outgrows it...