PDA

View Full Version : Guess what movie came out on bluray and home video?

copynpaste
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Just this past tues.

For me by far the most disturbing movie Ive ever seen. Not for the faint of heart.

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvdm2462799.jpg

beecue
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
An American Crime with Ellen Page is pretty disturbing too.

Benny
02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I watched that once a couple years ago. Don't really have the overwhelming desire to see it again haha

Neil4Speed
02-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Want to give a short synopsis? What to expect?

Tik-Tok
02-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Want to give a short synopsis? What to expect?

Inspired by true events, this thriller set in 1958, viewed through the eyes of preteen David Moran , follows the story of two sisters: Meg Loughlin and Susan Loughlin . The sisters move in with their aunt, Ruth Chandler , and her three sons, Willie Chandler Jr., Donny Chandler and Ralphie 'Woofer' Chandler, after their parents are killed in an accident. Aunt Ruth soon begins abusing the sisters, culminating in the physical torture and sexual abuse of Meg, who is imprisoned in the basement of a New Jersey suburb. Other children from the neighborhood join in the torture and do not report the crimes that have taken place.

Graham_A_M
02-05-2010, 11:24 PM
whats the title?

JimmyJones
02-06-2010, 12:04 AM
^

An American Crime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK9q-cmhqaY

Clever
02-06-2010, 12:05 AM
The Girl Next Door. American Crime is also based on the same story.

JordanEG6
02-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by beecue

True story, as well.
It's disgusting. Probably wouldn't watch it again.

InRich
02-06-2010, 01:19 AM
better be good started watching it...

InRich
02-06-2010, 02:30 AM
i thought it was pretty good... WTF was that woman always sipping on?

Mixalot27
02-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by beecue

:werd: I just watched this last night. I bought it at Superstore for $3. A well done movie but definitely very disturbing and sad.

Graham_A_M
02-07-2010, 01:02 PM
^ Just watched all 9 parts on Youtube yesterday... Yeah thats fucking brutal. Honestly...

That sure left a void inside me. :(
Just amazed none of those kids that would come over and beat Sylvia would step back to get a different perspective on the situation. Didn't anything tell them that that was wrong on ANY level?
Fuck sakes...

FraserB
02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Go get "Salo: A Hundred Days of Sodom" and then try to find a more disturbing movie.

Graham_A_M
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
^ I think you mean "Salo or the 120 days of sodom".

I searched the various torrent sites for the one you mentioned and got nothing until I dug further.

403Gemini
02-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Clever
The Girl Next Door. American Crime is also based on the same story.

I remember I was sick on a Friday night and I wanted to watch a comedy so I downloaded "Girl Next door" ... wasn't the one with Elisha Cuthbert :(

GenerationX
02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
^LOL

FraserB
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ I think you mean "Salo or the 120 days of sodom".

I searched the various torrent sites for the one you mentioned and got nothing until I dug further.

Yeah, sorry. Been a while since I saw it. NO movie store will have it in stock, even in the back (last time I checked). Have to torrent it or get it off Amazon and then burn it when you are done.

Graham_A_M
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
^ Try this French foreign film called "Irreversible" I dont think there are more messed up movies then that. Nobody will have that one either.
I'll watch that "Salo" movie when I have the chance. Skimming through it, it looks very old though. 80's maybe?

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I remember I was sick on a Friday night and I wanted to watch a comedy so I downloaded "Girl Next door" ... wasn't the one with Elisha Cuthbert :(
Thats what I dl'ed.. I guess you have to be year specific. I wanted the "An american crime" version. :dunno:

Mixalot27
02-07-2010, 11:46 PM
^ Just watched all 9 parts on Youtube yesterday... Yeah thats fucking brutal. Honestly...

That sure left a void inside me. :(
Just amazed none of those kids that would come over and beat Sylvia would step back to get a different perspective on the situation. Didn't anything tell them that that was wrong on ANY level?
Fuck sakes...

Yeah I was amazed at that too. Specially the nerdy kid that had the crush on her, I didn't think he would participate in that. It seemed like the era it took place had an effect. Sort of the whole "spare the rod, spoil the child" mentality. Beating your kids and minding your own business was more the norm it seems. Not like today where parents can hardly get away with giving their kids a spanking.

darkkent
02-09-2010, 09:28 AM
^ Try this French foreign film called "Irreversible" I dont think there are more messed up movies then that. Nobody will have that one either.
I'll watch that "Salo" movie when I have the chance. Skimming through it, it looks very old though. 80's maybe?

Thats what I dl'ed.. I guess you have to be year specific. I wanted the "An american crime" version. :dunno:

watched irreversible with the wife last year..... disturbing.
i'm a fan of monica bellucci, very hard to watch her in that.

nakovalnja1976
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
monica bellucci, very hard
completely agree!:poosie:

1jz-onelove-gte
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Boon dock saints just came out on blu ray too!