PDA

View Full Version : please make beyond 18+

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 12:37 AM
id be willing to pay a yearly membership fee......iam sick of these lil 16 year olds and there stories!!!

ade99
11-29-2003, 12:38 AM
i second that

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 12:39 AM
iam sure we could all pay a 10.00 fee for like a 2-3 year membership..thats nothing.......and sure i might be the beyond asshole.....but iam soooooo sick of the kids on here

Moonracer
11-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Or at least have an area for only 18+

googe
11-29-2003, 12:41 AM
my mom says im cool :confused:

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 12:42 AM
or what about a general section for under 18, and the people who pay for a membership get full access...u can even make a memership that includes a beyond t-shirt

C4S
11-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Actually, that is a good idea, but .. will those kids fellow ?? and tell their turth age ?? :confused:

No one will say they are 16 ! :dunno:

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 12:44 AM
theres goottaaa be a way...like fax copy of id to rage.....

RSeXy
11-29-2003, 12:50 AM
yeah, but if they do that..you'd get pissed with some of the 18 year olds..and then you'd further try to catergorize beyond by suggesting a "does not live with parents" section. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
11-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Hell even a bit more than 10 dollars..do it rennlist style theres is 130US

shingouki
11-29-2003, 12:51 AM
credit card verification :P

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy
yeah, but if they do that..you'd get pissed with some of the 18 year olds..and then you'd further try to catergorize beyond by suggesting a "does not live with parents" section. :rolleyes: :rofl:

yeah and then a "wanna be princess" section

hahahahahah:rofl:

girlRACER
11-29-2003, 12:55 AM
Good Idea

RSeXy
11-29-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX

yeah and then a "wanna be princess" section

hahahahahah:rofl:

now that category would be a special one for you dear!

if you are the one pushing for an 18 year old member section...maybe you should start acting like you ARE infact over 18. :rolleyes:

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 12:59 AM
yeah it was just the other day i was bitching that i need more tiffany's..............mommmmy come hereeeee, can u buy me sumting hahaha

Moonracer
11-29-2003, 01:01 AM
At least having to pay a few bucks using a credit card would narrow it down a bit. Some could just use their parents card and such but not all will be able to do that hence the narrowing down begins.

04blackMAX
11-29-2003, 01:02 AM
either way rage makes some money for upgrades and maintence, ohh and great show probs...ie hot models!!!

GTS Jeff
11-29-2003, 01:03 AM
id be down with an annual fee of $50 for everyone. im sure all the regs would pay that...

Moonracer
11-29-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
id be down with an annual fee of $50 for everyone. im sure all the regs would pay that...

Holy crap, 50.....let's not get too carried away....lol

air_mikey
11-29-2003, 01:05 AM
come on now, what about the mature 17 year olds on here? :( ive been on this board for quite a long time now.

EK 2.0
11-29-2003, 01:05 AM
I would pay t keep "V8 Powered Supra Boy Off the board"...cause you can only put V8's into my DSM EVERYONE knows that...

RSeXy
11-29-2003, 01:06 AM
That probably won't happen. You guys should all be proud that beyond has gotten to the size it has. More people mean more resources...sure there are bad apples. But this is the net, the majority of people on here have valuable contributions. Take everything with a grain of salt, there are still some intelligent people lurking on the boards.

JAYMEZ
11-29-2003, 01:14 AM
ehh , im only 18 and i dont think thats a good idea , and i dont want to be useing a credit card to use a car site lol =P im a cash person. Anyways nothing is perfect , i find some of these stories a good laugh for the day :nut:

Team_Mclaren
11-29-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by air_mikey
come on now, what about the mature 17 year olds on here? :( ive been on this board for quite a long time now.

i second that! I have been here for a while too, just some retarts not all :guns: , so how about a section for senior members, like people with first gear and above??? that would make more sense!
And i actually dont mind paying $10 a year, beyond is :bigpimp:

JAYMEZ
11-29-2003, 01:21 AM
If they made it for First gear and above , people would spam more to get to those stages

4wheeldrift
11-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Holy crap, 50.....let's not get too carried away....lol Think of how many times the board could rent the track @ $50 per member X 5000 members ;)

Moonracer
11-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Think of how many times the board could rent the track @ $50 per member X 5000 members ;)

If that would include track time then take my $50 bucks. :D

C4S
11-29-2003, 10:57 AM
:confused: :rolleyes:

Yeah ..what is going on here ? So many stupid 12 yr old kids fooling around ?? my little brother is 14, but he won't do those stupid thing ! :(

Well ....once a while even we had stupid question and stupid tread too...but .. come one .... This is a good car forum ! and Rage 2 probaby doesn't have time to check (and banned) every stupid tread ! :banghead:

Kids ! respect us, and respect yourself ! there is nothing wrong when you are young ! but don't pretend a idoit ! :(

he he ..:D but of course, I am cheap .. I love FREE beyond ...:poosie:

Dave P
11-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Hahah survivor styles. If more then 15 people complain about you your gone

I would pay to use this site

Kona9
11-29-2003, 11:28 AM
there is always going to be someone someone else doesn't like. This is a car forum, not a net babysitting program. The idiots weed themselves out. Sure it's annoying as hell when the retards surface with either racism, immaturity, or just plain idiocy. Charging money will not deter, or get rid of these people, they will just develope the attitude that "I paid , I will say whatever I want" Ignorance is bliss. Let them be, ignore them. If they feel the need to go past being ignored, Im sure banning will occur.

googe
11-29-2003, 12:50 PM
easy solution, just give me and vsmsir banning power, we can weed out the infidels :thumbsup:

Hollywood
11-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by googe
easy solution, just give me and vsmsir banning power, we can weed out the infidels :thumbsup:

How about...NO! (Doctor evils voice).

Most people are not unbiased enough to be a moderator, even if they think they are, some exhisting mods included.

Moonracer
11-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
there is always going to be someone someone else doesn't like. This is a car forum, not a net babysitting program. The idiots weed themselves out. Sure it's annoying as hell when the retards surface with either racism, immaturity, or just plain idiocy. Charging money will not deter, or get rid of these people, they will just develope the attitude that "I paid , I will say whatever I want" Ignorance is bliss. Let them be, ignore them. If they feel the need to go past being ignored, Im sure banning will occur.

Those are all valid points. :thumbsup: Maybe just create an under 18 forum so they can chat with each other but still have access to the rest of the site. And the older crowd can just ignore that forum. It might get rid of some of the crud. :)

Kona9
11-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Those are all valid points. :thumbsup: Maybe just create an under 18 forum so they can chat with each other but still have access to the rest of the site. And the older crowd can just ignore that forum. It might get rid of some of the crud. :)
True, but regardless of what gets done, the unwanted will always find a way to stick their snout where it does not belong.

R-Audi
11-29-2003, 01:36 PM
It would be great to have 18+, but I do think it would be hard to check everyone.
While we're at it, can we have a spot for people that actually have cars as well??
How about "Im not in High School Anymore" section?

There would be endless requests if Beyond started segregating its members. I completely support it, but don't think it would really be worth Rage's time....... I am in favor of a membership fee though, but it would create problems if someone got banned:drama:

max_boost
11-29-2003, 02:10 PM
LOL

No need to make it 18+

Just flame the newbies so they stop posting stupid shit. Better yet, a mass banning spree is in the works. Those of you who act like assholes better watch out, if you value Beyond, better change your attitude.

pinoyhero
11-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Just being honest I would not pay for beyond. The kids are getting a little out of hand but I don't mind the humor every once in a while.

jdmakkord
11-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Meh, even cp had a 18+ area.....I'm sure the mods know enough of the members on here that are 18+ from meets and stuff. Not a horrible idea, for free, or even a small fee.

1badPT
11-29-2003, 04:40 PM
I dunno. I'm probably too new here for it to have bothered me, but I'll say that I've met people who were 17 going on 40 and I know 40 yr olds who act like 2 year olds. I agree that crud will always surface, so have some fun with the kid who lets the mustang 5.0 get a 2 second head start before he takes "his" 1994 Supra and blows him away without nos because he was so confident :nut:

There will always be idiots who slip through the cracks no matter what you do.:thumbsdow just have to stay on top of it and ban/close their threads/point and laugh/etc.

Ben
11-29-2003, 05:52 PM
I dont care about an age restriction so long as people act mature in the Technical forums. If you're in the main car part of this forum acting like a complete retard, You get 1 warning and then you get Ben'd...er...I mean Banned! This forum is an invaluable tool for resources on all makes of vehicles and we cannot allow it to go to junk because of a few imature idiots with nothing good to contribute. You wanna act like an idiot, post it in the proper forums :) If that doesn't cut it for ya, go find another forum :)

Tcarnage
11-29-2003, 06:06 PM
:drama:

rage2
11-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Tcarnage
:drama:
How the hell is this drama???

As for 18+, no, it's not gonna happen.
And for pay site? No, it's not gonna happen.

What will happen is when there's "16 year old fast and the furious" style posts, they're going to be cleaned up quickly, especially in the technical forums.

GTS Jeff
11-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

it would SUCK to pay to use the site and then get banned hehe

hondarunner
11-30-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

i second that! I have been here for a while too, just some retarts not all :guns: , so how about a section for senior members, like people with first gear and above??? that would make more sense!
And i actually dont mind paying $10 a year, beyond is :bigpimp:
:werd: I know of a few highschool students that use this site productivly to plan for the future. Its just the stupid morons who wanna be :bigpimp: and pretend they have a fully done up supra, skyline, lancer or any of that other crap.

Zephyr
11-30-2003, 12:01 PM
if there really is immature morons posting, normally memebers will deal with it with some proper flaming or mods will clean it, so age restriction isnt needed. soemtimes even 16 year olds can be more mature than 20+ year olds, u never know

FiveFreshFish
11-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
if there really is immature morons posting, normally memebers will deal with it with some proper flaming or mods will clean it, so age restriction isnt needed. soemtimes even 16 year olds can be more mature than 20+ year olds, u never know

Yup, and the regulars can hone their flaming techniques on those who deserve it. Provides good entertainment sometimes too.

3G
11-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Meh, even cp had a 18+ area.....I'm sure the mods know enough of the members on here that are 18+ from meets and stuff. Not a horrible idea, for free, or even a small fee.

CP's mods are never there and you got 13 year olds who change their profile to 18 to get into the 18+ section

RSRT-4
11-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2

How the hell is this drama???

As for 18+, no, it's not gonna happen.
And for pay site? No, it's not gonna happen.

What will happen is when there's "16 year old fast and the furious" style posts, they're going to be cleaned up quickly, especially in the technical forums.

nickopolis
11-30-2003, 05:31 PM
I can just see 04blackmax sitting on his porch yelling at all the kids on his block to get off his lawn and stay away from his car. just jokes

aftermarket
11-30-2003, 07:00 PM
LOL ......with shotgun in hand and a wad of Skoal in one cheek. j/k:D

Weapon_R
11-30-2003, 07:25 PM
id be willing to pay a yearly membership fee......iam sick of these lil 16 year olds and there stories!!!

Is it just me, or are you the biggest shit disturber on here? And you're way older than most people here :rofl:

04blackMAX
11-30-2003, 07:27 PM
its not about being a jackass, what fun would it be if there wasnt one!!!

iam sick of the kids that make up these bullshit posts about cars they dont have......

Weapon_R
11-30-2003, 07:34 PM
its not about being a jackass, what fun would it be if there wasnt one!!!

iam sick of the kids that make up these bullshit posts about cars they dont have......

I'm just playin but it's true that there are some kids who wreck the forums with their BS stories. It has already been discussed that heavier moderation of the Car forums is going to take place to ensure that only correct information and serious opinions are discussed.

As for the lounge, it's there for people to chill.

GTS Jeff
11-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I'm just playin but it's true that there are some kids who wreck the forums with their BS stories. It has already been discussed that heavier moderation of the Car forums is going to take place to ensure that only correct information and serious opinions are discussed.

As for the lounge, it's there for people to chill. maybe u guys need more mods?

ryder_23
12-01-2003, 01:22 AM
maybe u guys need more mods?

yeah, sometimes it gets bad when theres by chance no admin on, and some drunken 14year old starts posting... but usually theres someone here to dispose of em quickly

PGTze
12-01-2003, 02:32 AM
I don't think allowing people only over 18 on the forums is a fair idea. I am over 18 myslef, but I was just as mature when I was 17 to contribute possitively. The only thing I can think of that would be completely acceptable is to have a "Five Star Section" of sorts. Members to this section should be chosen by the mods in a voting type of thing. Meaning that there is no certain post count or membership length minimum required to gain access to the section. I think this would tone down the post whoring some what, so that a new person wouldn't post 20 times per day just so they could get in. Also I think it would be a good idea to keep something liek this on the down low, so newer people wouldn't feel left out. I hope this ramble has made some sense, tell me what you think.

GTS Jeff
12-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by PGTze
I don't think allowing people only over 18 on the forums is a fair idea. I am over 18 myslef, but I was just as mature when I was 17 to contribute possitively. The only thing I can think of that would be completely acceptable is to have a "Five Star Section" of sorts. Members to this section should be chosen by the mods in a voting type of thing. Meaning that there is no certain post count or membership length minimum required to gain access to the section. I think this would tone down the post whoring some what, so that a new person wouldn't post 20 times per day just so they could get in. Also I think it would be a good idea to keep something liek this on the down low, so newer people wouldn't feel left out. I hope this ramble has made some sense, tell me what you think. i bet there already is something of the sort haha

PGTze
12-01-2003, 03:16 AM
i bet there already is something of the sort haha

Oh really?
Well then, don't I look like a dumbass, hah.

DeSi
12-01-2003, 09:56 AM

guy that has to be the stupidest idea ive heard in a while. everyone has the right to use the forum just like you, peeps can right what they wan't buddy the world doesn't revolve around your ass.

btw im well over 16yrs old but it shows how mature you really are when you put stuff like that one. Oh, and btw, lets hear some examples of the "stories" that your so "sic" of.

GTS Jeff
12-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DeSi

guy that has to be the stupidest idea ive heard in a while. everyone has the right to use the forum just like you, peeps can right what they wan't buddy the world doesn't revolve around your ass.

btw im well over 16yrs old but it shows how mature you really are when you put stuff like that one. Oh, and btw, lets hear some examples of the "stories" that your so "sic" of. dude, have u been living an e-cave or something? beyond has its share of jackass kids with 8-second supras w/ nos. how is vsm wanting to pay a yearly membership fee considered "immature"? what does maturity level have to even do with a sites membership fees?

89coupe
12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I agree, a lot of really young people on this site talking about nothing.

I'm actually thinking about turning my site into 18+ as well. Of course most of my members are mid to late 20's.

If you guys knew how much it cost to maintain a site this large you wouldn't feel so bad about paying a yearly fee. For me I pay $125/mth for a dedicated server.

I'm assuming the Beyond guys are paying around the same.

B

4wheeldrift
12-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by DeSi

guy that has to be the stupidest idea ive heard in a while. everyone has the right to use the forum just like you, peeps can right what they wan't buddy the world doesn't revolve around your ass. Using this forum is a privledge, and not a right. It exists because Rage2 wants it to exist, and we are here at his sufferance. If he decided one day to charge $100 a month to be here, or to shut the site down completely, there isn't a damn thing we could do about it.

962 kid
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Using this forum is a privledge, and not a right. It exists because Rage2 wants it to exist, and we are here at his sufferance. If he decided one day to charge $100 a month to be here, or to shut the site down completely, there isn't a damn thing we could do about it.

:werd:

if rage2 or any of the chosen mods decide that someone is out of line, than so be it. I don't think i've ever seen an inappropriate banning or closed thread, so if you find yourself in that situation and can't figure out why, sit down and think hard.

DeSi
12-01-2003, 02:45 PM
dude, have u been living an e-cave or something? beyond has its share of jackass kids with 8-second supras w/ nos. how is vsm wanting to pay a yearly membership fee considered "immature"? what does maturity level have to even do with a sites membership fees?

you fuckin nerd shut the hell up wtf is an "e-cave" and who gives a fuck what kids pretend to ride, it makes them gay. why do you care so much buddy?

rage2
12-01-2003, 02:49 PM
:closed:

This discussion isn't going anywhere.

The moderators will be dealing with the immature members on a case by case basis.