PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton man bit pregnant amputee’s stump

urban.one
02-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Thats Edmonton for ya! Never fails to live up to its well-deserved reputation.

EDMONTON — During a heated argument with his pregnant girlfriend two years ago, Peter Theodore Strouza beat her repeatedly and, at one point, bit the stump of her amputated arm.

Details of the assault were revealed in Court of Queen's Bench Thursday after the Edmonton man pleaded guilty to uttering death threats, unlawful confinement and sexual assault.

According to an agreed statement of facts, Strouza and the woman had been dating for about five months when they got into an argument in April 2008.

She was three months pregnant with his child.

Strouza and the woman, whose identity is protected under a court-ordered ban, had spent an afternoon together, drinking beer and smoking crack cocaine.

An argument erupted around 8:30 p.m. about the woman's planned trip to Calgary to pick up her young son.

Strouza, 47, was angry his girlfriend might see her ex-boyfriend during the trip, according to the agreed facts, which were read into court by Crown prosecutor Marisa Anderson.

The couple was sitting in Strouza's truck when the argument started. Strouza started to bite and pinch the woman's stomach and stump of her arm, according to the agreed facts.

The woman's right arm had been amputated at the shoulder years before.

The woman yelled for help and tried to reach for the passenger door's handle with her good arm, but Strouza stopped her and continued to bite and pinch her.

He drove away and threatened to kill her.

Strouza eventually parked the truck again and the woman managed to run away. Strouza dragged her by her hair back to the truck, where he continued to bite and pinch her.

At one point, Strouza sexually assaulted the woman, but she punched him in the stomach, which further enraged him, according to the agreed statement of facts.

A passerby eventually called 911, reporting that a man was hitting someone in the truck.

The witness saw the passenger door open and heard someone yell for help before that person was pulled back inside the vehicle.

Police arrived at 1:30 a.m. Strouza had two small bruises, while the woman's body was covered in bruises.

Strouza will be sentenced May 7.

CUG
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Who wouldn't have beaten the joints out of this guys body?

Graham_A_M
02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Classy couple :thumbsup:

stevieo
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
wow haha, pregnant and smoking crack and drinking.
add on top of that shes getting beaten by some trash. haha

FraserB
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I think in this case they both get a huge :thumbsdow

95EagleAWD
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Not sure what living in Edmonton has to do with the article, aside from where it happened.

I guess next time I'm in downtown Calgary, or one of the less nice areas, I'll have no bums/crack addicts to contend with?

Redlyne_mr2
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Awesome Edmonton!

Benny
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM
That's just an odd story all around haha. Don't quite know what to make of it.

sxtasy
02-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Not sure what living in Edmonton has to do with the article, aside from where it happened.

I guess next time I'm in downtown Calgary, or one of the less nice areas, I'll have no bums/crack addicts to contend with? Thats one thing, but biting amputee stumps is totally Edmonton!

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Thats one thing, but biting amputee stumps is totally Edmonton!

Agreed. I was born in Edmonton, and whenever I see a stump I just get the weirdest cravings to chew on them, much like a dog chews a bone.

mac70135
02-07-2010, 03:52 AM
weird

TomcoPDR
02-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Thats one thing, but biting amputee stumps is totally Edmonton!

That could be the sexual assault charge

A790
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM
People are mesed up. lol

95EagleAWD
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

Agreed. I was born in Edmonton, and whenever I see a stump I just get the weirdest cravings to chew on them, much like a dog chews a bone.

:rofl: :rofl:

:thumbsup:

Must be the St. Albert heritage that keeps me from doing that!

R!zz0
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Bite and pinch her tummy? :dunno:

mac_82
02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
She was three months pregnant with his child.

Strouza and the woman, whose identity is protected under a court-ordered ban, had spent an afternoon together, drinking beer and smoking crack cocaine.

Stay classy Edmonton :thumbsup:.

Children's aid will be all over that kid.

scat19
02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow. I lol'd at the 5 months dating and three months preggo. :rofl:

Super_Geo
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
The only real shame here is that she's still going to have that kid. Drinking and smoking crack while pregnant is a sure way to raise a winner! :thumbsup:

Too bad the judge couldn't order her to get an abortion.