PDA

View Full Version : Infant's body found in B.C. landfill

SilverGS
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
About to have a little one of my own

This is insane and depressing :cry:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/02/08/bc-richmond-infant-burns-bog.html?ref=rss

RCMP in Richmond, B.C., have arrested a woman after finding a baby's body in a landfill south of Vancouver.

Police allege the 20-year-old woman gave birth to the baby boy on Jan. 21 at her boyfriend's home in Richmond. At some point following the birth, police believe she wrapped the baby in a towel, placed him in a garbage bag, and dropped the bag into a nearby school dumpster.

Acting on a tip, about 35 officers spent three days searching through the Burns Bog landfill before recovering the body, RCMP Cpl. Jennifer Pound said in a statement released on Monday morning.

The woman, who has not been identified, was arrested and released on a promise to appear. Police have recommend to the Crown that she be charged with:

Neglect to obtain assistance at childbirth.
Concealing the body of child.
Infanticide.
Indignity to dead body.
It is not yet clear how or when the infant died.

GQBalla
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
wow.......RIP little one

syeve
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
The mom prob had mental problems...so it's ok. :rolleyes:

RIP little one.

GQBalla
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by syeve
The mom prob had mental problems...so it's ok. :rolleyes:

RIP little one.

unfortunately this is true..

she'll get a slap on the wrist.

l/l/rX
02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
hrmmm... seriously, released with the promise to appear, for killing a baby. There is something wrong here.

KuruptEX
02-08-2010, 01:36 PM
RIP this shit is bullshit if your going to kill your baby, please kill yourself instead.

adam c
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
fuck why do you guys always have to post this shit, i try so hard not to read it but i always end up doing so...

so hard to read this stuff with a little one at home

Tomaz
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
RIP

What the fuck?

syeve
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
RIP this shit is bullshit if your going to kill your baby, please kill yourself instead.

This be the truth!

Lots of options open to pregant teens/young mothers who can't care for a baby. Just hand the baby in, then kill yourself please.

Masked Bandit
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
RIP little one.

The mother should be wrapped in a garbage bag and dropped in the dump to rot.

freshprince1
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Absolutely terrible. These stories hit home so much more since having my two little angels. If you don't want the kid, at least drop him off at a Hospital.

I really hope something very bad happens to that lady and her boyfriend.

hampstor
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
RIP. There are many couples out there who can't have kids of their own - yet someone else would just throw their child away like that. It just isn't fair.

Kloubek
02-08-2010, 02:51 PM
*heart sinks*

Brutal.

masoncgy
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Man... so many people are desparate to adopt a baby and here you have these monsters that kill their own children instead of just simply giving it up to the authorities...

...like.. WTF... what a fucking sick world we live in.

SCHIDER23
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Poor baby RIP. :(

Sadly this bitch is going to get off, hell we're in CANADA where a thief can get 10 years in jail, and murderer gets 3 :banghead:

Thomas Gabriel
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Is there really any difference between this and late stage abortion?

slinkie
02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
its her kid...she can do what she wants with it

HiTempguy1
02-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by adam c
fuck why do you guys always have to post this shit, i try so hard not to read it but i always end up doing so...

so hard to read this stuff with a little one at home

Sometimes I have to avoid the current events/politics section on Beyond because it simply can be SO frustrating to read the news posted here.

RIP :(

5fivespeed
02-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by slinkie
its her kid...she can do what she wants with it

I'm pretty sure you don't have kids then. So, you'd be okay if your girlfriend had a baby, and threw it out like trash resulting in death. Nice way of thinking.

Ray

slinkie
02-09-2010, 03:21 AM
kinda happened already

post was sarcasm by the way

5fivespeed
02-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by slinkie
kinda happened already

post was sarcasm by the way

Sarcasm detector is broken. Apologies.

Ray

Benny
02-09-2010, 04:15 AM
It isn't the first time this kinda thing has happened. Years ago this girl who I went to highschool with gave birth by herself then put the baby in a garbage bin outside her house. I guess some people just freak out and stop thinking clearly in a really super stressful situation like that. Thankfully some people were walking outside her house and heard the baby in the garbage bin. I was across the street in a park with my girlfriend at the time. All manner of police, fire, EMS showed up. It was a huge scene. The kid was mildly hypothermic but otherwise alright (amazingly). As far as I know she ended up getting custody of the kid a couple months after the fact too. I don't think she ever even got convicted of anything.

The whole situation is just too much to comprehend though.:dunno:

Boat
02-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Benny
It isn't the first time this kinda thing has happened. Years ago this girl who I went to highschool with gave birth by herself then put the baby in a garbage bin outside her house. I guess some people just freak out and stop thinking clearly in a really super stressful situation like that. Thankfully some people were walking outside her house and heard the baby in the garbage bin. I was across the street in a park with my girlfriend at the time. All manner of police, fire, EMS showed up. It was a huge scene. The kid was mildly hypothermic but otherwise alright (amazingly). As far as I know she ended up getting custody of the kid a couple months after the fact too. I don't think she ever even got convicted of anything.

kRj-S8Aklcw

SilverGS
02-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Benny

Was this the asian girl in Edgemont? Yeah thank goodness someone heard the baby and it survived. I also heard she got the baby back.

I understand it can be a stressful thing but I guess I just can't even fathom how someone gets to the mindset to hide the pregnancy and then toss the baby in the garbage.

It has been mentioned there are so many options for mother's who can't or don't want to care for their child. Tons of people can't have kids and are waiting to adopt. Bring the child to the hospital or a fire station or police station. This girl is old enough and capable enough to live on her own and have a boyfriend. Just sad that she got to such a state.

RIP Little one