PDA

View Full Version : I got own3d by calgary police last night.....

88CRX
11-29-2003, 12:32 PM
:guns: :guns: :guns: FAWK!!!!!!!!!!!1

110 in an 80 = $172
no proof of insurance = $177

So now what? Can i get that insrance thing dropped? I had the new one, just not with me. Is there anyway to just have to pay these off so insurance doesnt find out.

I feel so fucking dumb right now.

:banghead:

240_pimp
11-29-2003, 12:35 PM
That sucks...

illeagle
11-29-2003, 12:39 PM
The insurance one, you Might not get rid of. That ins ticket was for not having the papers. My buddy, got the same ticket. His dad's a cop, and even then he coulden't get rid of it. But, you'll never know till you try.(pointts)I don't think this ticket will increase your premiums. It's not dangerous.

The speeding ticket, you'll prolly be able to get away with, no demeritts, but you'll have to pay the $172 + court/lawyer fees. No demeritts = your insurance won't find out.

Barlow
11-29-2003, 01:09 PM
ummmm, does the 172 bother you or just the demerits???? If its the dermerits fight it in court, and plea bargan with the cop, he'll most likely drop the sermerrits and you'll pay the full 172, if its the money go and talk to (court People) and they can reduce it in half

prosh
11-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Weird,

Usually when you don't have proof of insurance present, they tow ur ass. Has something changed?

JGerke
11-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Hey man, how old are you? With the insurance ticket, usually it is like a drivers license ticket, you might be able to get it thrown out if you take your insurance to the police station, and show them that you have insurance and it started before you got your ticket, you should be able to get out of that, otherwise for the speeding, if your young, go to court and fight it, saying that you are young, dont have a job, have had a clean record, and you pay your own insurance, and ask for them to remove the demerits and reduce the fine, and it should go over no problem, hope this helps!!

~Jared

88CRX
11-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by JGerke
Hey man, how old are you? With the insurance ticket, usually it is like a drivers license ticket, you might be able to get it thrown out if you take your insurance to the police station, and show them that you have insurance and it started before you got your ticket, you should be able to get out of that, otherwise for the speeding, if your young, go to court and fight it, saying that you are young, dont have a job, have had a clean record, and you pay your own insurance, and ask for them to remove the demerits and reduce the fine, and it should go over no problem, hope this helps!!

~Jared

ya thats what i need to know.... can i just take my proof of insurance to the cop shop or what?

the money doesnt really matter as long as the insurance company doesnt find out.

btw - im 19

88CRX
11-29-2003, 01:51 PM
errrr..... i called the cop station and no i cant just go down there.... i have to go to court whenever and fight it :banghead:

Kona9
11-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by prosh
Weird,

Usually when you don't have proof of insurance present, they tow ur ass. Has something changed?
You can and most likely get towed if you don't have valid REGISTRATION. your car can be insured all it wants but without vaild registration everything is void. It's a "failure to produce" fine and generally involves being towed. Luckily my father just retired from the CPS, and the constable that pulled me over for it knew my dad, and was very kind to let me drive to the nearest registry to fix the problem. Call that luck if you want, but I realized the horseshoe was in my ass when I realized that the day previous I lost control of my car on the way to Edmonton, (luckily not wrecking my car or hitting anyone else). If I had of wrecked my car or hit someone else I would have been FUCKED LARGE. because I had no valid REGISTRATION, everything would have been void and there would have been no insurance to take of myself or anyone else I may have messed up. An honest mistake can ruin your life!!!!!

pinoyhero
11-29-2003, 02:22 PM
If you have the time and want to put forth the effort go to court to see if you can et the demerits waived.

rc2002
11-29-2003, 02:24 PM
At 19 a ticket like that would be huge. Forking out $300 for lawyer fees and $300 for the ticket is a hell of a lot better than forking out $3000 for increased insurance. POINTS helped me out big time...

Akagi Redsuns
11-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by prosh
Weird,

And slap you with a $3,000 fine for driving without insurance, which I hope would be dropped when you can produce proof of insurance. Lucky for you that you had a run-in with a cop that was resonable.

max_boost
11-29-2003, 04:38 PM
That is rough stuff buddy. I remember the days when 'failed to produce pink slip' only cost $5. Yup, the good old days. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ben
11-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Sigh!

Lets cut some of these false posts.

If you get a ticket for not having your insurance/registration in the car, you CANT go down and show you have it, as a Driver in this province you are required to have your DL, Ins, and Reg at any point in which a Peace officer requests it, if you dont have it then and there, he can ticket, and if he doesn't believe you, he can tow.

The registration one is easy to prove to a cop you have it if you have your DL and Licence plate, he can check in the computer to see who its registered to. If a cop towes you still, then there is a problem.

There is nothing you can do about that kind of ticket really other than ask for a reduced one down at the CP's office at Rocky Mountain Plaza (7th Ave and 1st ST SE)

Also, these tickets DO NOT give you demerits, HOWEVER, insurance companies have been known to increase your rates due to you not carrying the proper documents in your vehicle. My advice, go down and talk to the crown, screw pointts, dont hire them for this (only Hire POINTTS on a Pink ticket) and talk to the Crown Prosecutor, they are really nice gguys who will reduce the charge to something like tint or something. Just make sure you have a legitimate excuse and dont dress like a thug all in black or something dumbass like that, he'll screw ya then, as hes told me many times he dislikes kids who act all tough.

Hope this helps

88CRX
11-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Sigh!

Lets cut some of these false posts.

If you get a ticket for not having your insurance/registration in the car, you CANT go down and show you have it, as a Driver in this province you are required to have your DL, Ins, and Reg at any point in which a Peace officer requests it, if you dont have it then and there, he can ticket, and if he doesn't believe you, he can tow.

The registration one is easy to prove to a cop you have it if you have your DL and Licence plate, he can check in the computer to see who its registered to. If a cop towes you still, then there is a problem.

There is nothing you can do about that kind of ticket really other than ask for a reduced one down at the CP's office at Rocky Mountain Plaza (7th Ave and 1st ST SE)

Also, these tickets DO NOT give you demerits, HOWEVER, insurance companies have been known to increase your rates due to you not carrying the proper documents in your vehicle. My advice, go down and talk to the crown, screw pointts, dont hire them for this (only Hire POINTTS on a Pink ticket) and talk to the Crown Prosecutor, they are really nice gguys who will reduce the charge to something like tint or something. Just make sure you have a legitimate excuse and dont dress like a thug all in black or something dumbass like that, he'll screw ya then, as hes told me many times he dislikes kids who act all tough.

Hope this helps

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks.... what should i say about having them knock the demarits off the ticket? I'll pay the full amount as long as the insurance company doesnt find out.... or will they anyways

max_boost
11-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Just tell them you are a broke ass student and how you have to work a part time job, student loans, etc. etc.:thumbsup:

carmex
12-01-2003, 11:45 AM
I recently got a ticket in E-town. 117 in a 70 zone. $450.00 later I took the ticket into the court house and got the charge reduced $115.00 to $335.00 and they dropped some of the demerits, just go and talk to them. They may be money hauling theifs, but they do listen to what you have to say.

Primer_Drift
12-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
:guns: :guns: :guns: FAWK!!!!!!!!!!!1

110 in an 80 = $172
no proof of insurance = $177

So now what? Can i get that insrance thing dropped? I had the new one, just not with me. Is there anyway to just have to pay these off so insurance doesnt find out.

I feel so fucking dumb right now.

:banghead:

Failure to produce is not a traffic offense, its the similar to showing them an expired, but with greater fine. Failure to produce w/ the tow isnt any different than if the cop lets you go home.. Basically he didn't want to waste his time on waiting for the tow truck to arrive, he trusted that you had insurance and did not give you the dreaded $3000 fine for no insurance. The failure to produce is does not affect your insurance rates, I know this for FACT because I just applied again for insurance with a different company and it was not a factor in my insurance expense.

Khyron
12-02-2003, 01:04 AM
I got nailed speeding once without my slips in BC - the cops were ready to tow my car but lucky they agreed to call the insurance co first. If it had been at night, I'd have been screwed. In the end I just got the ticket.

Khyron

Primer_Drift
12-02-2003, 01:25 AM
^wow lucky man, friend of mine was going 50 over in BC and had a similar situation.. and a $500+ fine or something horrible cuz it was provincial cops instead Peachland-Po

Skyline_Addict
12-03-2003, 06:32 AM
i think we should have a section just for this, because everytime someone gets a ticket they come here and start asking the same damn question "is there anyway I could get around the ticket, blah blah blah".
i'm not saying it's a stupid question.
it's just the same question...with practically the same answers everytime...

88CRX
12-22-2003, 02:39 PM
UPDATE -

went and talked to the crown prosecutor this morning/afternoon/all fricking day! no one ever mention that you half to wait 4 hour to get in :banghead:

anyways, after the 4 hours i get in and explain myself... blah blah blah, im a poor student he says how about for the $177 insurance ticket i reduce it to $80 and it wont be on you record or something like that... cool.... so then he says ill reduce the speeding to 11 over, so $80 and only 2 demarits.... again cool

so $349 down to $180

and 3 demarits down to 2 demarits

works for me.... and i didnt even really have an excuse :D

DUBBED
12-22-2003, 02:41 PM
man being a broke starving student is the best excuse you can have.... haha i use it all the time.

not just for traffic tickets either.

403Gemini
12-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
man being a broke starving student is the best excuse you can have.... haha i use it all the time.

not just for traffic tickets either.

surprisingly this works on halloween night

"Hi im a college student and i have no money... can i have some candy?" lol people just laugh and usually give it to you./.. cept older folks... you occasionally get bitter old men that just swear at you.

Ben
12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Told ya the CP would be cool.