PDA

View Full Version : Evangelion

eb0i
02-09-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm looking into getting into this anime series but don't know where to start as there seems like there are so many versions. Does anyone have a time line or suggestions with which series to start with? Thanks.

V6-BoI
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I thought they only had a couple seasons and a movie for this series?

Despair*
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Evangelion has 26 eps in the tv series. Start at episode 1 and work your way up to 26. Sure there are all kinds of special DVD editions but they aren't necessary. Easiest way is to find a torrent and d/l.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=49&page=25

JAYMEZ
02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I used to love these when I was a little kid. kick ass anime.

eb0i
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Cool thanks!

97'Scort
02-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Also, there are two versions of the ending. Frankly the "real" ending blows and you'll be sitting there scratching your head wondering what the fuck just went on. Apparently, so many people thought it sucked that they went and made a whole new one, which is the "End of Evangelion" movie. So, watch the whole series, but remember that the movie replaces the last two or three episodes of WTF nothingness.

b_t
02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
End of Evangelion is probably even worse than the original ending. Completely fucked up. I still own this whole series on VHS :rofl:

Ukyo8
02-09-2010, 11:39 PM
ahh brings back memories

such a fucked show but its awesome :D

Despair*
02-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Evangelion was good and I really enjoyed it, but I have to agree the ending was pretty fucked up. If you like Evangelion another good series to check out is RaXephon. It's kind of simliar in some ways. Big Gear/Mech fighting monsters and the ending was messed up too.

Vagabond142
02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
For the "mech style" animes, I started out with Evangelion and RaXephon... and RaX seriously makes about 100 times more sense than Eva. Then again, Eva has *THE* quintessential opening music of the 90's, a tune almost ANY anime fan could hum or, in rare cases sing, on command.

mGsw2t4ghEA

However, there are a whole fuckton of good mecha animes out there. Of course, you have the million and one Gundam series. However, if you want an excellent, action-drama anime that makes complete sense, with mecha involved, then look for and try out Full Metal Panic. If you like that, then also watch Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (light comedy series more based in funny japanese school stuff) and Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid (fully fledged sequel to the first FMP series)

V6-BoI
02-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
For the "mech style" animes, I started out with Evangelion and RaXephon... and RaX seriously makes about 100 times more sense than Eva. Then again, Eva has *THE* quintessential opening music of the 90's, a tune almost ANY anime fan could hum or, in rare cases sing, on command.

Haha wow hearing that opening brings back memories. Totally reminds me of junior high/high school. I think I'd have to rewatch the show again, cuz when I watched it when I was younger, a lot of the stuff didn't really make sense to me.

b_t
02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I just watched the new Evangelion movie that just came out. Evangelion 1.1 You are (Not) Alone or some shit like that. They redid the anime.. not bad at all. Looks really cool watching Blu Ray anime :rofl:

This stuff just isn't as good as it was when I was 13 though.

Sasuke_Kensai
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by b_t

This stuff just isn't as good as it was when I was 13 though.

Same here, all the whiny teenage boy protagonists and other convections just make me angry, now that I'm all cynical and old.