PDA

View Full Version : NW gym recomendation

jdmXSI
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
So hears my dilema, I have had a membership to world health club for about 7 years now and I am paying $47/mth. I used to work out at sunridge/richmond and mcleod trail clubs. I have recently moved to the nw and checked out whc edgemont club. But I can't justify spending an extra $17/mth for the same services or pay $89 for squash or $129 for tennis. I have a pool in my appartment building so that's not a huge selling feature either... Most of my training will be strength training and with about 20-30% being cardio. I prefer free weights but I will also incorperate hammer strength and cable machines into my work out. My question is to anyone that uses any of these gyms, which would you recomend based on what I have stated and for overall friendliness and atmosphere of the facility.

Thanks,

Bobby

bubbley
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
When does Goodlife open, any info on that?

Forcefed
02-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Edgemount is a SICK club, I work at Gold's and even I love that club...Since it has been re-done its really bad ass...

I say quit being a cheap ass, stay where u have been for the last 7 years...its what .50 more a day.....:dunno:

Lex350
02-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Pay for what you need. I've been a member of a number of clubs over the years from Worlds to the Winter club. Find a club that suits your needs and don't get sucked in by the fluff.

I'm at NW fitness now because it has everything that I need and nothing more.

bubbley
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
Pay for what you need. I've been a member of a number of clubs over the years from Worlds to the Winter club. Find a club that suits your needs and don't get sucked in by the fluff.

I'm at NW fitness now because it has everything that I need and nothing more.

Wow the hours of operation are not that great there

lint
02-09-2010, 12:48 PM
$47/month * 12 months/year * 7 years = $3948

I'm gonna vote for set yourself up a home gym.

schocker
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
What about that new 24h place in creekside, has anyone tried it out. :dunno:

jdmXSI
02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

I think that they are supposed to open in mid April. Until then the next closest would be near westhills.

The_1
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by schocker
What about that new 24h place in creekside, has anyone tried it out. :dunno: :thumbsdow

that place is tiny

schocker
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by The_1
:thumbsdow

that place is tiny
Ffffuuuuuuuu
I am moving right by there and was hoping it would be great :rofl:

2000TL
02-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by The_1
:thumbsdow

that place is tiny

Yea that place is 24 hrs, but it is pretty small. I think when I asked about the prices about a month ago it was $44/month + you have to pay for the fob key (approx ~ $50 i think one time fee) . I think he was offering the first month free too. I only tried it out for a few days and it has everything you need in terms of weights and cardio, but its just small. I think its called anytime fitness.

95EG6P
02-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by bubbley

Goodlife will open Mid April 2010, 24hr Co-ed. 28,000 sq feet, $40 month, sign up now get 12 weeks free and don't make a payments until July 2010. I just signed up today.

Ask for Perry when you get to the showroom or Pm me for details.

jdmXSI
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P

Goodlife will open Mid April 2010, 24hr Co-ed. 28,000 sq feet, $40 month, sign up now get 12 weeks free and don't make a payments until July 2010. I just signed up today.

Ask for Perry when you get to the showroom or Pm me for details.

I checked it out today and its not $40 a month, its $20 bi weekly(every 2 weeks 26 istallment per year) which works out to $43 a month. Not a big deal... But that promo is only valid for that facility, if you want to go to another goodlife you will have to pay a $10 drop in fee everytime... Just thought id shead alittle light on the incentive.

95EG6P
02-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI

I checked it out today and its not $40 a month, its $20 bi weekly(every 2 weeks 26 istallment per year) which works out to $43 a month. Not a big deal... But that promo is only valid for that facility, if you want to go to another goodlife you will have to pay a $10 drop in fee everytime... Just thought id shead alittle light on the incentive.

Yeah if you want to go to all the other Goodlife it's a different plan, I was told it's $24 bi-weekly for one year and $22 for a 2 year contract but after your contract term is done you bi-weekly dues drop by a toonie.

ddduke
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I'd say go with Golds in Northlands. It's nowhere near as packed as other locations (130th ave especially). The equipment's great and always being maintained and every single peice of cardio equipment has a tv. Golds members also get 10% off at the supplement store that's attached.

But make sure to pay up front or else they'll never let you cancel (google or beyond search for some of the horror stories).