PDA

View Full Version : selling cars?

crapstixs
02-09-2010, 10:48 PM
does any one know how many cars you can sell per year with out a dealer licence? getting fined or charged would most likley ruin my day.

turbotrip
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
3 or 4 i cant remember exactly which one

jdmXSI
02-09-2010, 11:24 PM
4 I believe if your amvic liscenced and 6 if your not

chris746
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
if you buy and sell a car to make financial gain then your a dealer

ercchry
02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by chris746
if you buy and sell a car to make financial gain then your a dealer

...over 3 or 4 a year... then you are

Shlade
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
i heard 10...

:dunno:

G-ZUS
02-10-2010, 04:46 PM
A guy who used to do bodywork for me called me up crying 1 day, AMVIC came after him. They had a list of every single car (30 something) he sold in the previous 2 years and to whom he sold them. Seems like that's all AMVIC is good at, going after the small time guys.

beyond_ban
02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
A guy who used to do bodywork for me called me up crying 1 day, AMVIC came after him. They had a list of every single car (30 something) he sold in the previous 2 years and to whom he sold them. Seems like that's all AMVIC is good at, going after the small time guys.

What was the punishment?

G-ZUS
02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

What was the punishment?

he said they were going to charge him $25 000 I believe, but then he said they were going to court. Didnt hear from him about it after that.

beyond_ban
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

he said they were going to charge him $25 000 I believe, but then he said they were going to court. Didnt hear from him about it after that.

OUCH! When it goes to court, no one wins. Lawyer's and all that other BS are a pretty penny too.

canuckcarguy
02-10-2010, 10:03 PM
AMVIC is pretty great at blowing its own horn, I'm sure if they'd managed to charge and successfully fine somebody for $25K, they'd make a big flashy announcement about it.

AMVIC has very limited ability to go after non-dealers, except for not having a valid license. Their most common activities seem to involve going after small players for small items.

Over the years I've heard various different stories about what constitutes a non-permitted number of vehicles sold, but it's pretty hard nowadays to find somebody who's selling too many cars, unless there are complaints levied by neighbours or dissatisfied customers. Kijiji and other online sales outlets, plus the wide availability of cheap cell phones, makes it pretty tough to figure out how many vehicles somebody is selling. There's no title system here to track ownership.

I figure if you're not pissing your neighbours off, and not ripping buyers off, you'll never have a problem.

TomcoPDR
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy

I figure if you're not pissing your neighbours off, and not ripping buyers off, you'll never have a problem.

:werd:

G-ZUS
02-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
AMVIC is pretty great at blowing its own horn, I'm sure if they'd managed to charge and successfully fine somebody for $25K, they'd make a big flashy announcement about it.

AMVIC has very limited ability to go after non-dealers, except for not having a valid license. Their most common activities seem to involve going after small players for small items.

Over the years I've heard various different stories about what constitutes a non-permitted number of vehicles sold, but it's pretty hard nowadays to find somebody who's selling too many cars, unless there are complaints levied by neighbours or dissatisfied customers. Kijiji and other online sales outlets, plus the wide availability of cheap cell phones, makes it pretty tough to figure out how many vehicles somebody is selling. There's no title system here to track ownership.

Whenever you buy a car and go to register it, the registry office photocopies your bill of sale then sends it off to god knows where. That is probably how they bust people when they get soo many bill of sales with 1 guys name on it. Speaking of AMVIC they are good for nothing. I bought a used car a couple years ago that was rolled back (from a dealer)(had 272 k in 2002 and showed 234 in 07). I called AMVIC and they told me to take a hike prety much.

crapstixs
02-10-2010, 10:55 PM
[i]Originally posted by canuckcarguy

I figure if you're not pissing your neighbours off, and not ripping buyers off, you'll never have a problem. [/B]

i fix all of my neighbours cars, so that wont be a problem. i dont just flip cars, i actually do a shit tone of work to them. usally it stars with me buying a car off a customer that they dont want to fix for like $200. i do all that it needs and so the car needs nothing and sell it for the appropriate price. i do it when ever its worth my wile. like maby a car or two per year. alot of the other techs i work with pull in like 5g's a month from sidie jobs, thats just retarted, its only a matter of time. i just dont want to get in shit if i sell like 5 cars and get hit with 250000. most of amvic it retarted, its got some good things but mostly retared.

911fever
02-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I sold went through 4 cars one year no problems haha but now that I'm OMVIC licensed, its less I believe.

SRT10Killer
02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
someone told me you would be considered a dealer if you are "selling actively" ( have 3-4 cars posted for sale at the same time)