PDA

View Full Version : when do beyonders take their cars outta storage?

Pages : [1] 2

suprame
02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
like the title says im just wondering when most of you with summer put them back on the roads? the weather seems like its clearing up, and i really miss driving my mr2 but id rather be safer then sorry

Sentry
02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
If you wanna go for a rip just stick to the main roads, they usually dry up after just a couple days of above freezing weather.

corsvette
02-10-2010, 12:06 AM
When all the snow melts,and its about 15 above,my car will come out,cant wait,this seems like a long winter!

ragu
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
LOL imagine how bad the wait would be for the guys with bikes....

kevie88
02-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ragu

We buy fun AWD cars for the winter!! :D

King Banana
02-10-2010, 12:31 AM
I wait until the streets are swept.

I am very strict about this.

Redlyne_mr2
02-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Early June.

moka989
02-10-2010, 01:48 AM
i have mine insured, but i only take er out on the nicest of days, today was the first day. prob not for awhile again, to many rocks, it hurt to listen, lol

Bizzareo
02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by King Banana

+1

This. If you really care about the investment in your car, don't let gravel f it up! Not to mention damaged cars due to ridiculous amounts of lowwwwwwwwwww! (totally baller in the summer though) :D

2BLUE
02-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

Really nice AWD car in your case :thumbsup:

Cos
02-10-2010, 07:26 AM

not all of us :(

i usually take my bike out once it is past +7-10 in the morning and +15 during the day. That way I dont freeze my ass off going home if I have to stay late.

corsvette: My bike was put away on Sept. 21 when that huge snow fall hit, then I got busy with work and could never get it out. So if you did what I did then your damned right it has already been a long winter. :banghead:

theken
02-10-2010, 07:37 AM
My bike has been parked since September as well. I hate calgary.

inline6turbo
02-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm the complete opposite lol. Every day the snow had melted enough so I could get my car out of my driveway I would find an excuse to go rippin around. Many a time I got caught in the middle of a blizzard trying to make it home before I got stuck. I had to repaint my bumper half a dozen times over 5 months, but I had a ton of fun bombin around :D

Tomaz
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I know a lot of ppl taking stuff out in April/May. Prolly a good time in may.

slowy
02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I hope you don't mind me piggybacking your thread, but WHERE do beyonders store their cars? (for those of us without an extra spot in our garage)

Toilet_D
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM

:guns:

Cos
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by slowy
I hope you don't mind me piggybacking your thread, but WHERE do beyonders store their cars? (for those of us without an extra spot in our garage)

Under our family 5th wheel covered up. Just bought a place with a garage though so next year all nice and warm.

Deetz
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by King Banana

me too!

GOnSHO
02-10-2010, 01:03 PM

haha yea, im not impressed!! i wanna ride my bike.. wont take it out until end of april/beginning of May tho.. :(

beyond_ban
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
I had to repaint my bumper half a dozen times over 5 months, but I had a ton of fun bombin around :D

Is this true? Why wouldn't you just drive the shit out of it and let the bumper get beat to hell so you could repaint it to perfection once when the sun is shining for good again?

Shlade
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
mmm mines coming inside the garage next week for winter maintence so to speak...

she wont be out on the streets till late may given weather..

Cooked Rice
02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
When the roads are dry.

Tik-Tok
02-10-2010, 02:15 PM
When the asphalt is dry and black, not white or grey with calcium chloride and salt.

DonJuan
02-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
When the asphalt is dry and black, not white or grey with calcium chloride and salt.

^ CaCl is a salt too. LOL! ha ha science pwns you.

My car sits till there is no trace of white anywhere, salts or snow. I usually wait for the first good rainfall of the year. Usually in mid March.

leftwing
02-10-2010, 03:41 PM
its funny every year people get anxious and put their summer tires on way to early, then we get another big snowfall and people are screwed for a few weeks. I think most people wait until the end of may though. at least till after may long.

inline6turbo
02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Is this true? Why wouldn't you just drive the shit out of it and let the bumper get beat to hell so you could repaint it to perfection once when the sun is shining for good again?

Spray bomb my friend. Exact colour match. Couldn't even tell! And I painted it frequently because the primer was HOT PINK lol!! On a black car it was soooo brutal.

m10-power
02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
drove it today, good fun :burnout:

Bizzareo
02-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

Spray bomb my friend. Exact colour match. Couldn't even tell! And I painted it frequently because the primer was HOT PINK lol!! On a black car it was soooo brutal.

How the hell did some find hot pink primer!

Graham_A_M
02-10-2010, 11:11 PM
When its dry, and my alley is somewhat accessible.
Probably another month... frick I can't wait.
:clap: Probably two months for my bike. :(

chkolny541
02-11-2010, 03:41 AM
i guess im the only person on beyond who actually drives their civic during the winter:dunno:

redline
02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Why put it away? just put winters on them and drive it....

redline
02-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
i guess im the only person on beyond who actually drives their civic during the winter:dunno:

:clap: :rofl:

n1zm0
02-11-2010, 09:03 AM
always one of these type of threads every year, cept this ones a bit early lol

here's last years (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/258867/are-we-done-with-winter-can-we-put-our-rims-on/)

like i said before, for me i say a week after the city removes the residential gravel cleanup signs and theres barely any pebbles on the sides of the deerfoot

this years winter beater isnt such a bad car tho, so i'm not over eager to get out there with the summer car

benyl
02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Cars are meant to be driven.

Tik-Tok
02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by benyl

I'd rather put up with not driving it 7 months of the year, rather than deal with thousands of dollars in rust repair, and the infuriating frustration of trying to take a component off that's been corrosion welded on, due to the insane amount of salts on our roads.

Tomaz
02-11-2010, 10:09 AM

I'd rather put up with not driving it 7 months of the year, rather than deal with thousands of dollars in rust repair, and the infuriating frustration of trying to take a component off that's been corrosion welded on, due to the insane amount of salts on our roads.

Become a "Beyond Billionaire" and buy a new car every 1-2 years :D

Tik-Tok
02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

Become a "Beyond Billionaire" and buy a new car every 1-2 years :D

If the Beyond billionaires want to donate to the Tik-Tok Human Fund, to make me a millionaire as well, I will gladly purchase a brand new sports car every 1-2 years :rofl:

funkedelic2
02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
end of may? Damn thats really late.. i take mine out in April.

lison
02-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Can a car get that much rust damage from winter driving?

moka989
02-12-2010, 02:12 AM
when i take it out early, she gets washed bumper to bumper before she comes home, and i stay off the small roads the best i can, avoid pebbles and snow.

I hit a patch of pebbles earlier today and i was like :guns: :facepalm: "oh thats why i dont drive this this time of the year", but i got this car to be driven, not to sit around so its worth it for me personally.

aha

Tik-Tok
02-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by lison

That's the only reason you'll get rust on your car. Go to ANYWHERE that doesn't have our winters, and doesn't use salt on the roads, and it'll be hard to find a car with rust.

95teetee
02-12-2010, 09:40 PM
what is this 'storage' of which you speak?

We buy fun AWD cars for the winter!! :D this.

B20EF
02-12-2010, 10:05 PM
There was two bikes ripping it up downtown today, definately still a little dangerous.

Cos
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Blackfoot trail saw a Honda 125R, a scooter and someone on a FZ or something like that.

ragu
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
i doubt if you'll get rust on your car within 2 winters lol. Cars are meant to be driven and I doubt if you can see any rust within first 10 years (driving in ON is different)

KandabashiDevil
02-13-2010, 12:38 AM
After the tyranny of snow and salt, comes the destruction of gravel to the car!

Let the best cars come out when the season breaks in April

krusso04
02-13-2010, 01:04 AM
My goal was to have it out and ready by may long!

chkolny541
02-13-2010, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by moka989
when i take it out early, she gets washed bumper to bumper before she comes home, and i stay off the small roads the best i can, avoid pebbles and snow.

I hit a patch of pebbles earlier today and i was like :guns: :facepalm: "oh thats why i dont drive this this time of the year", but i got this car to be driven, not to sit around so its worth it for me personally.

aha

please tell me your not talking about your skyline...

2EFNFAST
02-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by lison

Depends - surface rust, absolutely. Corrosion that's eating through metal, eventually, depending on how unlucky you are.

When my g35 became my dd, the underside went from being rust-free to quite rusted (mostly surface) within 2yrs.

My dad's driven his i35 for 7 or 8yrs and the underside is basically all surface rust, with some actual through rust starting on the body (from the backside; I can peel off metal by hand already, lol)

Shlade
02-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Surprisingly on my 96 the underside is CLEAN...

I dont plan on driving it in rain or snow once i hopefully get it painted this summer!

My charger on the other hand is my DD and i feel bad for driving the car threw winters like this but if its strong enough it should last me a while threw some winters!

Bizzareo
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
If you get your car rust checked/proofed it helps allot. But its a bloody mess to work on after.

I still don't understand why people don't just buy a winter beater and save the investment they make on there expensive/project cars.

I mean you can get something that runs strong, has good heat and no frills for like $800 and let that thing rust to shit, while your fun car stays prime (plus the money you save can go into making it faster :nut: ). And seeing how most Calgary drivers forget how to drive in the snow/ice your baby wont get hit.

95EagleAWD
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM

What wait?

I've been on my bike twice already in Feb, I had it out in January and it was warm enough to ride to work until the beginning of December.

I'm thinking about going for a rip tomorrow since it's supposed to be about +5 and I don't have to work.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/snowbike2-1.jpg

Moe Man
02-14-2010, 07:48 PM
^ that cracks me up....people like you and guys driving around with the top down this time of year are such geeks, dude if you want to drive your bike so bad move to texas. :rofl:

There has been so many people doing this I wont be suprised to see someone attempting to launch their boat.:banghead:

2EFNFAST
02-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
If you get your car rust checked/proofed it helps allot. But its a bloody mess to work on after.

I still don't understand why people don't just buy a winter beater and save the investment they make on there expensive/project cars.

I mean you can get something that runs strong, has good heat and no frills for like $800 and let that thing rust to shit, while your fun car stays prime (plus the money you save can go into making it faster :nut: ). And seeing how most Calgary drivers forget how to drive in the snow/ice your baby wont get hit.

I'm going to go with they don't want to drive a piece of shit around that could very well leave them stranded on the side of the road when it's -50 outside. A $800 car will leave you stranded; it's just a matter of when.

Cos
02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

I'm going to go with they don't want to drive a piece of shit around that could very well leave them stranded on the side of the road when it's -50 outside. A $800 car will leave you stranded; it's just a matter of when.

I bought a truck to screw around in the winter. Can get anywhere in it, auto, etc.

My 'winter beater' is the wifes car. haha

I would never have a <$1000.00 car for that exact reason.

89s1
02-14-2010, 11:20 PM
There is a guy that works at my job site that has rode his bike in almost every day last week.

crazy mofo.

95EagleAWD
02-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Moe Man
^ that cracks me up....people like you and guys driving around with the top down this time of year are such geeks, dude if you want to drive your bike so bad move to texas. :rofl:

There has been so many people doing this I wont be suprised to see someone attempting to launch their boat.:banghead:

Someone's jealous. :p I drove around all the time in my S2K with the top down when it was cold out.

And trust me, if I could move to Texas, I would. Or SoCal. Or anywhere but the fucking arctic.

Graham_A_M
02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Absolutely, but dont buy an $800 heap..... whats wrong with buying a $2-4k car and having that as a winter car for many, many years to come?
Thats what I do. :dunno:

I laughed this last fall when a guy pulled up in a Miata, with the top down... only it was -1c outside. :rofl:

I asked him,
"Aren't you cold at all?"
"no I have heated seats".
:rofl:

Speed_69
02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
For those with all year round vehicles...anybody considering putting on their summer / all season tires back on yet?

I know it's going to snow some more but I don't see it sticking to the ground very long even if it does.

Tomaz
02-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
For those with all year round vehicles...anybody considering putting on their summer / all season tires back on yet?

I know it's going to snow some more but I don't see it sticking to the ground very long even if it does.

Even if i wasn't waiting to get mine powdercoated, I would not put them on till the end of march at least.

I go by the rule of average temperature. Most winter tires start falling apart at temperatures above 0. When the average daily temp start reaching that, I switch.

strong
02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
welcome to Calgary anytime in the summer at night windows down and heat up its pretty much a standard. So if you roll a drop top shit turn on the heat and the seats and enjoy it because if you didnt you would really only enjoy it for what maybe 4 months WTF why even bother. Verts arent my style but I understand getting as much time behind the wheel as possible in our shitty climate

Speed_69
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Even if i wasn't waiting to get mine powdercoated, I would not put them on till the end of march at least.

I go by the rule of average temperature. Most winter tires start falling apart at temperatures above 0. When the average daily temp start reaching that, I switch.

Well that's why I asked. Looking at the Weather Network, average daily high for this week is 6 Degrees and historical average daily high for this time of year is 0 Degrees.

I normally don't put mine on until late March or early April but seems like winter might be ending early this year :dunno:

Cos
02-23-2010, 02:02 PM

wooooo!

Tomaz
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
It looks nice, but just keep in mind that most Calgarians have seen it snow every month of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another 1 or 2 more dumps of the white stuff.

Plus it hit -16 last night at my house proof that its not time. lol

Sentry
02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by strong
our shitty climate
Are you kidding me, it's beautiful here.

Where I'm from we get 2 months summer, 1 month spring, 1 month fall, and 8 months of COLD ASS WINTER.

Cos
02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

Are you kidding me, it's beautiful here.

Where I'm from we get 2 months summer, 1 month spring, 1 month fall, and 8 months of COLD ASS WINTER.

where are you from, Peg?

beyond_ban
02-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cos

where are you from, Peg?

Perhaps Toon?

Graham_A_M
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
^ Yellowknife or Whitehorse? Saskatoon isn't bad, they just dont get any Chinooks of any sort.

Sweet, got the Z4 out today... man that felt good! Took it for a 2 hour cruise all over Calgary and around Okotoks. :D
I forgot how much attention that damn thing gets.. wowzers. :nut:

Sentry
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Born in Inuvik, then moved to Yellowknife, then moved here last fall.

Cos
02-24-2010, 09:40 AM

wow epic. haha

I am considering getting the bike out this weekend even just to bring it out of storage so I can take advantage of a +10 day.

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 10:15 AM

Random question: Are you Inuit?

jjmac
02-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Cos

I am considering getting the bike out this weekend even just to bring it out of storage so I can take advantage of a +10 day.

WOOOOO!!!

:thumbsup:

Took my car out Monday when I saw the 14 day trend.

LUDELVR
02-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I drive mine any chance I get! That's why I bought a vehicle! Did get one to sit in a bloddy garage most of the time! ;)

2EFNFAST
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Yellowknife or Whitehorse? Saskatoon isn't bad, they just dont get any Chinooks of any sort.

Sweet, got the Z4 out today... man that felt good! Took it for a 2 hour cruise all over Calgary and around Okotoks. :D
I forgot how much attention that damn thing gets.. wowzers. :nut:

Enjoy your corrosion due to salt in the air/roads still :p

max_boost
02-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Storage? What's that? :D

Sorath
02-24-2010, 01:34 PM
took it out today, and the battery died on me on the way to work lol. had a pretty scary morning stuck on the hill on 16th ave

heavyD
02-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Storage? What's that? :D

Yeah really. When I was young I used to store my cars and drive winter beaters. As the years went by I finally realized that at that rate I would be driving winter beaters for 65% of my adult life which is really stupid. The reason I buy my cars is that I love them and love to drive them and winter be damned I'm going to drive cars I like every day. I would only store again is if it's a classic or exotic otherwise I'm going to get 12 months out of the year from my expensive, depreciating asset. I don't mean to be mean but if you are storing a Civic, Integra, WRX, etc you're an idiot. I can say that because I was that idiot once lol.

Sentry
02-24-2010, 04:01 PM

Random question: Are you Inuit?
Nope, blue eyed whitey. :)

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Nope, blue eyed whitey. :)

Don't hate me, but right when you said that i looked at your avatar and made an instant mental image of you haha.

Speed_69
02-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I don't mean to be mean but if you are storing a Civic, Integra, WRX, etc you're an idiot.
:werd:

Sentry
02-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah you gotta get out and drive these things, especially the cheap little nimble cars like Civics.

Graham_A_M
02-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I would only store again is if it's a classic or exotic otherwise I'm going to get 12 months out of the year from my expensive, depreciating asset. I don't mean to be mean but if you are storing a Civic, Integra, WRX, etc you're an idiot. I can say that because I was that idiot once lol.

Agreed. I'd wrap my car around a pole instantly if I were to take it on snowy icey roads, so it stays put. Also because its a convertible, and nothing destroys a soft top quite like the constant freezing & thawing of the canvas, as well as the road salt. :(

I cant help but laugh at the guys that park their civics & integras for the winter, are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

heavyD
02-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Agreed. I'd wrap my car around a pole instantly if I were to take it on snowy icey roads, so it stays put. Also because its a convertible, and nothing destroys a soft top quite like the constant freezing &amp; thawing of the canvas, as well as the road salt. :(

I cant help but laugh at the guys that park their civics &amp; integras for the winter, are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

Yeah I don't think I would drive a RWD Convertible in the winter but if it's FWD or AWD (excluding cars like the GTR and up) there's really no excuse.

benyl
02-24-2010, 08:10 PM
I see a GTR once or twice a week. Not a shitty R32, but an R35. The GTR should be driven.

Supercar, I can see storing... but that is about it.

Graham_A_M
02-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't mind buying a GTR FOR a winter car. Makes sense to me, AWD, fun, practical and still fairly decent on gas.

I'm mainly looking at a '94 Al-trac quite soon though, apparently those are just wicked in the snow.
:hitit:

tomt64
02-24-2010, 11:25 PM

I cant help but laugh at the guys that park their civics &amp; integras for the winter, are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

:thumbsdow Dont want to be a dick and everyone will probably jump on me BUT you cant just go around making fun of people who park their pride and joy that is only worth a few thousand dollars. Not everybody wants to drive an expensive mid life crisis car like yourself.
Im pretty sure you still wouldnt drive your beamer in the winter even if it had a hard top...

Some people on here spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep their summer months enjoyable on the street and the track. Why would anyone want to drive around on roads covered in salt? Why the hell would anyone want to start their motors in really cold temps when they dont have to?

Sorry mate, but saying a cheaper, older car does not deserved to be parked over the winter makes me think you are an ignorant snob.
But hey opinons are like arseholes; everyone has one.

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I personally would not park my car unless it was rare, undrivable or really expensive. That being said, if your car is your pride and joy that you cant stand to see get a little damaged from the winter months and you are willing to sacrifice and drive a POS for over half the year, well, then all the power to you.

Graham_A_M
02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by tomt64

:thumbsdow Dont want to be a dick and everyone will probably jump on me BUT you cant just go around making fun of people who park their pride and joy that is only worth a few thousand dollars. Not everybody wants to drive an expensive mid life crisis car like yourself.
Im pretty sure you still wouldnt drive your beamer in the winter even if it had a hard top...

Some people on here spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep their summer months enjoyable on the street and the track. Why would anyone want to drive around on roads covered in salt? Why the hell would anyone want to start their motors in really cold temps when they dont have to?

Sorry mate, but saying a cheaper, older car does not deserved to be parked over the winter makes me think you are an ignorant snob.
But hey opinons are like arseholes; everyone has one.
No I would drive it actually, abiet with winter tires & rims. And for the record and I did not say anybody that parks *ANY* civic is an idiot, but some of the cars that people choose to park makes me do this.
:facepalm:
I dont get why someone would park a relatively stock 10 year old civic with an unpainted bodykit & rust over the winter, that is what I was referring to exactly.

Yes you're absolutely right there are certain civics & integras on this forum that meet your criteria quite well, and I'd honestly agree to NOT drive those in the winter. But i was speaking in reference to the other 80% of those that aren't anywhere *NEAR* show quality that do get parked.

gotchu
02-25-2010, 09:54 PM
who cares if they park their NOT show quality cars... people are just different and who cares...just drive your car..park it..whatever..enjoy life :guns:

tomt64
02-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Well you might want to be just a little more specific before pointing it out next time then.

Tik-Tok
02-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I park my '91 MR2 for the winter. It's fairly stock, not uber rare, and not show quality, but it has no rust on it, and nor do I want to subject it to the salt solutions the city pours on the road.

I can see it being valuable one day to collectors, just like muscle cars from the late 60's. For the record, my "winter beater" is a '03 Audi Allroad.

If people want to put their projects away for the winter, I see no reason to make fun of them for it. It's kind of nice to switch up cars once in awhile anyways.

ShermanEF9
02-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by benyl

cars are not meant to be snowplows though.

trikypenguin
02-25-2010, 11:19 PM

haha totally agree!

Graham_A_M
02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by tomt64
Well you might want to be just a little more specific before pointing it out next time then.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the fact I should use Sock Puppets & crayons to explain each post of mine.

tomt64
02-28-2010, 12:08 AM

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the fact I should use Sock Puppets &amp; crayons to explain each post of mine.

Sarcasm detector is broken... what Im saying is dont bother posting that up next time :thumbsup:

ragu
02-28-2010, 04:09 AM

Agreed. I'd wrap my car around a pole instantly if I were to take it on snowy icey roads, so it stays put. Also because its a convertible, and nothing destroys a soft top quite like the constant freezing &amp; thawing of the canvas, as well as the road salt. :(

I know a girl who drives z4 throughout the winter, obviously it didnt move at all through out the snow storm we had but i've seen her drive it frequently since its her only car. Unless its rare/ $150,000+ its meant to be driven. There are enough RWD on roads lol

Shlade
02-28-2010, 04:49 AM
^^

I disagree with that, in somebody elses eyes it might just be a regular car, In the owners eyes its their pride and joy and want to take care of it.

Personally for me, Id be way to tempted to drive it, Having the car sit in my garage and me just staring at it would drive me insane for 5 months, I just couldnt do it.

I see many RWD cars on the road, My charger goes great in winter and i have my fun with it also, But personally I see where Graham_A_M is coming from, He wants his car to stay in tip top shape and will not let snow ruin it.

Not everybody on beyond is rich ;) a $5000 car to somebody could be treated as a Ferarri by somebody, Whats your reason to tell him not to keep his baby in tip top line?

And personally, If i had a Z4 I wouldnt drive it daily at all :)

The car is coming out to play next month tho :clap:

Shlade
02-28-2010, 04:51 AM
I personally would not park my car unless it was rare, undrivable or really expensive. That being said, if your car is your pride and joy that you cant stand to see get a little damaged from the winter months and you are willing to sacrifice and drive a POS for over half the year, well, then all the power to you.

Did you get a new car yet?

What are you driving now anyways

Sparx
02-28-2010, 08:08 AM
I choose to park my civic because A) it has almost no rust so i dont want it spreading, B) i dont want my intercooler getting raped by the ridiculous amount of rocks on the road, and C) Its just too low to be practical for winter it would get stuck everywhere

Markham
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Snow in the back alley finally melted enough to drag my baby out of the garage. 20 minute jaunt around McKenzie Towne scaring the bejeebers out of women and children was a blast. Might have to do it again today. Boy, does it need some tuning. Time for the dyno....

Markham