PDA

View Full Version : Man Builds Mustang Out Of Lamborghini, World Goes "Huh?"

ArjayAquino
02-10-2010, 10:37 AM
http://jalopnik.com/5466697/man-builds-mustang-out-of-lamborghini-world-goes-huh

No offense to mustangs.... but that was a waste lol.

JAYMEZ
02-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Pretty cool project .. At least its not the other way around lol

ArjayAquino
02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Pretty cool project .. At least its not the other way around lol

lol yeah could be worst.

Sentry
02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I think it's pretty awesome. :rofl:

inline6turbo
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
No engine or mounting pics? Wtf mang

2Valve0
02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
This guy is a complete idiot though....:banghead:

JustinGTP
02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
So they took a good Lambo and made it into a Ford? What a waste.

R-Audi
02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
They took what was a 'parts car' Lambo ie. Written off and transferred the engine and drivetrain to a ford shell...

beyond_ban
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
They took what was a 'parts car' Lambo ie. Written off and transferred the engine and drivetrain to a ford shell...

... and added a god awful rear end with a cheap-o badge.

A790
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Probably pretty fast :)

beyond_ban
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by A790
Probably pretty fast :)

AWD and engine/drivetrain from a Gallardo... hmmmm... sounds slow to me :nut:

Tomaz
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
What in the fuck?:cry:

SCHIDER23
02-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Well if it was a write off it's a cool project, but if the lambo was in perfect condition this is a crime lol :banghead:

GQBalla
02-10-2010, 02:56 PM
took a lot of work, but damn must sound nice

too each and their own.

i wonder what people would say if they made it look like a civic? ahah

Tik-Tok
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
No engine or mounting pics? Wtf mang

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/02/500x_stangardo_build_6.jpg http://cache-09.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/02/500x_stangardo_build_8.jpg

Shlade
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
wow the mid engine design is soooo sick!

I HATE the rear tho!

scat19
02-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Gross rear, cool transplant.

AutodreamMarvin
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
"What we have here depends entirely on how you view the universe. A few things are undeniable: The fabrication is impressive, the attention to detail staggering. It is like that time you saw that gorgeous, six-foot-tall blonde in line at the grocery, heard her surprisingly deep voice, and then noticed she had an Adam's apple. You want to look away, but you can't. And whether or not you like the end product, you cannot help but admire the effort that produced it."

OMFG... this made me lol.

Seriously though, I'd drive it.

5000Audi
02-10-2010, 10:44 PM
its better then a fiero Lambo with a 2.4L inline4 lol...

i think its pretty awesome!!

*****EDIT*****

found moar pics...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/02/lamborghini-gallardo-based-ford-mustang.html

PremiumRSX
02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
lol the rear end is interesting to say the least

spike98
02-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Amazing fabrication! I think its fantastic!

That being said, i wouldnt drive it due to the ugly booootttyyy

soloracer
02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Quite the job to put it all together. Although I'm willing to bet that it would have been cheaper to just go and get a good Gallardo - especially if you consider all the time involved.

There is a Mustang here in Calgary that I have seen at a few shows that was built by Western Motorsports and has an Aston Martin V12 in it. Pretty cool too.

strong
02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Speechless and not sure if its good way or bad:dunno:

Tons of fab work and definitly one of a kind make it semi cool but still....... so unsure of what to think of this Fieroarri creation.

I bet Carol Shelby is even confused

Skrilla
02-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow that rear is..well....:barf: :barf:

VWEvo
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I love the comment, "Would have been better as an Aerostar"

VWEvo
02-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by soloracer
Quite the job to put it all together. Although I'm willing to bet that it would have been cheaper to just go and get a good Gallardo - especially if you consider all the time involved.

There is a Mustang here in Calgary that I have seen at a few shows that was built by Western Motorsports and has an Aston Martin V12 in it. Pretty cool too.

Love to see pics

911fever
02-13-2010, 04:16 PM
i hate the rear end but its done proper.

Rat Fink
02-14-2010, 02:35 PM

Wrinkly
02-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Amazing job - ugly ass though!

And WTF does that badge say? Looks like "Tractorri" to me :dunno:

dirtsniffer
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
^^ haha correct. but i liked mustardo more. The ass end is ugly, but im going to assume that everyone agrees on that. the logical explanation is they needed to put all that venting back there so that engine heat can dissipate. no need to put that v10 in there if it cant operate in the optimal temp range

95EG6P
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Something I wouldn't do but it should sound really nice. :D

Tik-Tok
02-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

Love to see pics

This was from World of Wheels '07, didn't take pics of the whole thing, just the engine. It's on their website though

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/projects.html

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/mustangvanquish2.jpghttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/mustangvanquish.jpg

GT.....O?
02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
that rear end if aaaaawwwwful

spikerS
02-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't even mind the back and all that much. function over form right?

I give massive thumbs up for doing this project. he did it the way he wanted to, and drives it. 1500miles last summer.

Just think, if everyone thought outside of the box, we could have some pretty sweet rides around, instead of these civics and bmws that look like every other civic and bmw.

1 of a kind car, that no one would have thought of before this. there are lots of kits to turn Fieros into lambos, but these guys thought outside of the box, and did the reverse, and put the time and effort and more than likely TONS of cash to make it happen.

This is an example of a TRUE enthusiast, not like the 95% of the sheep on Beyond.

Pollywog
02-15-2010, 01:23 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/1606/341/29012670002_large.jpg
Wow, look at that corvette!

To me, this Mustang-Lambo is the equivalent of turning a fiero in to a kit-lambo, except with more money poured into it. How can you feel good driving that? Sure for people not in-the-know they might think its cool, but to most car enthusiasts its a joke.

Pollywog
02-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by spikers
1 of a kind car, that no one would have thought of before this. there are lots of kits to turn Fieros into lambos, but these guys thought outside of the box, and did the reverse, and put the time and effort and more than likely TONS of cash to make it happen.

This is an example of a TRUE enthusiast, not like the 95% of the sheep on Beyond.
LOL @ that logic.

So if I spend thousands of dollars modifying my dell laptop to look like a macbook, and then finish it off with a nice apple logo - while still running XP - does that make me a "True enthusiast", rather than just a complete moron?

Wrinkly
02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

LOL @ that logic.

So if I spend thousands of dollars modifying my dell laptop to look like a macbook, and then finish it off with a nice apple logo - while still running XP - does that make me a "True enthusiast", rather than just a complete moron?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

spikerS
02-15-2010, 04:34 PM

LOL @ that logic.

Yes, it does.

In this case, he really likes the look of the mustang, and made it work with the internals of a lambo. He took the time, the money and the dedication to realize his goal, and be damned what some snot nosed punks in their parents basement think while posting on a forum.

that is the definition of an enthusiast, but then again, your comprehension skills have reared thier ugly head again, so for your benefit:

Taken from Dictionary.com

en⋅thu⋅si⋅ast  /ɛnˈθuziˌæst, -ɪst/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [en-thoo-zee-ast, -ist] Show IPA
–noun 1. a person who is filled with enthusiasm for some principle, pursuit, etc.; a person of ardent zeal: a sports enthusiast.

Pollywog
02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Yea, I suppose the "95% of the sheep on beyond" aren't enthusiasts, but merely people with good taste.

:facepalm:

Edit: on a serious note, how are the majority of us not true enthusiasts? We fall under your definition, but it seems that simply because we don't share the same passion to see shit covered in gold foil that we are automatically "sheep" with no valid point. The car posted in this thread is tackier than my grandparents drapes.

spikerS
02-15-2010, 05:49 PM

Edit: on a serious note, how are the majority of us not true enthusiasts? We fall under your definition, but it seems that simply because we don't share the same passion to see shit covered in gold foil that we are automatically "sheep" with no valid point. The car posted in this thread is tackier than my grandparents drapes.

thats fine, but it is your opinion. You might not like the car, but someone else does, and they spent the time and effort and obviously the cash to make thier vision a reality.

I call 95% of the people on here sheep as they are only modding thier cars so that other people will think it is cool, and in turn, they become cool.

Very few people on this site make thier car their own by chosing mods that they like. I have heard the comments myself, "hey that wing looks cool" only to hear the reply "what are you, some sort of ricer?" and in turn the person does not get to explore options because they want to be "cool" and not stand out, just like an individual sheep in a flock.

Yea, I suppose the "95% of the sheep on beyond" aren't enthusiasts, but merely people with good taste.

No, that is your good taste, and what the "in crowd" likes so they can stay cool and not stand out. But i am glad you know what is right for someone else. You may not like it, but who the fuck cares. You are not driving it every day and enjoying your creation.

The in crowd wants a clean and stock looking civic. god that is boring. I can see 50 of them every time I pass the dealership.

8-9 years ago when underglow and wings and wide body kits were all the rage made a car stand out, really made you turn your head. We all might have been outta our heads and taken it too far, but now everyone has gone to the other extreme and no nothing stands out.

rage2
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
I love the comment, "Would have been better as an Aerostar"
Van's can get big HP treatments too!

fEDwfk8EYR0

silver03gt
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM

TorqueDog
02-16-2010, 03:16 PM
It's not as though he took a pristine Lambo, a pristine Mustang, and put them all together with gaffer tape and wood screws.

He took two otherwise unusable parts cars and turned them into one, VERY functional car.

I don't see the problem here. You guys are acting like he destroyed a Lamborghini to turn it into a Ford. He took a dead Ford and a dead Lambo and made a Lamfordghini, which is what the decal should have said. Either that, or Traditore, which is the Italian word for "Traitor".

badluck
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
It's not as though he took a pristine Lambo, a pristine Mustang, and put them all together with gaffer tape and wood screws.

He took two otherwise unusable parts cars and turned them into one, VERY functional car.

I don't see the problem here. You guys are acting like he destroyed a Lamborghini to turn it into a Ford. He took a dead Ford and a dead Lambo and made a Lamfordghini, which is what the decal should have said. Either that, or Traditore, which is the Italian word for "Traitor".

:werd:

403Gemini
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
lol you guys cant read

Building this monstrosity took one Mustang shell, one Mustang parts car, one Lamborghini Gallardo parts car, and several thousand hours of labor.

It's not like he took a new Gallardo and chopped it apart. Probably was in a collision or something. Isn't this what being a car enthusiast is about? Taking something and making it better?

I think it's an awesome project

edit:

Good, somebody else caught it :D

badluck
02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Worse things have been done to beautiful cars...Its kinda cool....kinda