PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Works Grant Funding question...

westbeach70
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Alberta works grant funding.. I have to go back to school and possibly take 2 years of upgrading, which I have been told that Canada Student Loans does not cover and that I have to apply for a student grant. Now, after going to this seminar and getting pretty much told that I am not gonna get eff all, pretty much asking on here does anyone have any input on the situation? I am working 24 hrs a week right now at 9 bucks an hr and they are telling me because I am working over 20 hrs a week that I am not under employed. So they say they wanna give me a condition to leave before they will fund my tuition / books / etc and give me a livign allowance NOT including my rent. Now the living allowance they wanna give me that I should be able to eat / drive to school / insurance / pay rent / utilities / child support is $ 736.00....

Does this sound right to anyone or am I pretty much telling myself that going back to school is for the kids that live at home with their parents?

http://www.macewan.ca/web/services/src/services/DetailsPage.cfm?id=7234

Thanks.

westbeach70
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for fixing...

phamaze
02-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I've had experience with alberta works funding. They pretty much want schooling to be full time thats why their saying ur not under employed, but try reasoning with them before i applied they said I had to be making under 18grand a year which to my calculations is what ur doing you should be fine unless the school is not accepting you.