PDA

View Full Version : Tantra ?!?

katm
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey, Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but does anyone here have any reviews/feedback on Tantra on Saturday nights? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thx

Cos
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
reviews of what? you get drunk, try to get away from the ass hats who are coked out looking for a fight. Dont know what night it is but some nights they have a dj and drummer. Girls are hot.

it is a club. :dunno:

JAYMEZ
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Club sucks.. Actually all calgary ones do.. Tantra is full of complete douche bags .. even to douche for me haha.

dj_rice
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Is Tantra still doing the 25 and over only allowed thing?

Hakkola
02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Went there last Sat for my birthday, I generally hate Calgary clubs, but if I have to go to one I like Tantra. Pretty good girls, decent music.

beyond_ban
02-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Club sucks.. Actually all calgary ones do.. Tantra is full of complete douche bags .. even to douche for me haha.

120% agree. Fucking hate that club. Overpriced, shitty ass time guaranteed :thumbsup:

Originally posted by dj_rice

Not really... If you are dressed well and don't look like you crawled out of your moms basement for the first time in 5 years, you should be good. If you look like the later, bring some girls and you can only increase your chances.

Seriously, skip tantra. Amsterdam Rhino is close, and BUMPING on Saturdays, even though like JAYMEZ said, Calgary clubs suck.

gqmw
02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Tantra sucks. Atmosphere blows, tons of douchebags.

What type of music are you in to?

ercchry
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
every time i have been there that damn shooter girl we know forces shots on us... i hate her so bad... i always end up walking to hop n brew, then grab pizza... then back to tantra in hopes the girls are done dancing and we can leave haha

2Valve0
02-10-2010, 04:17 PM

If anyone says 25 and up it just means your a loser and they don't want you in their club, or you show up with a bunch of sausage.

But IMO tantra is horrible....can't stand it there, nasty girls and douche guys.
Opus is fun, FC is always good on event nights, Vinyl is fun sometimes...other than that calgary clubbing sucks ass

GQBalla
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
anything can be fun though.

katm
02-10-2010, 04:25 PM
HAHA Thanks for the input - i'm new'ish to calgary and not to familiar with the clubs/bars here. I was at Tantra once (a couple years ago) and it seemed alright.
I like dance music, hip hop etc. I heard the DJ drummer thing is pretty cool to check out!
There will be a large group of us going for a birthday, and if it is lame, rhino is close as well as whiskey, so we could always leave I guess.

dj_rice
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

If anyone says 25 and up it just means your a loser and they don't want you in their club, or you show up with a bunch of sausage.

But IMO tantra is horrible....can't stand it there, nasty girls and douche guys.
Opus is fun, FC is always good on event nights, Vinyl is fun sometimes...other than that calgary clubbing sucks ass

This was back when I was 21, group of asian guys with a couple girls, we were all dressed nice, but all in black, my white buddy walks up to the door and before we said anything bouncer gave him that reply. :rofl:

Tarrantula
02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Went there last Sat for my birthday, I generally hate Calgary clubs, but if I have to go to one I like Tantra. Pretty good girls, decent music.

Happy Birthday. Have a good night?

whiskas
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Only if you're not white.

My asian friend tried to get into the club, they turned him away, an hour later we came back but this time my white ass was with him, and we both got in no problem.

Tantra plays some pretty main stream music. The house DJ isn't an amateur and mixes decently.

And the booths upstairs are gold if you need some privacy with your lady.

l/l/rX
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I like tantra on saturdays! haha, great music, they got the DJ and the drummer going on together, they sound great!

like it even more now that I can go in with runners. i also find theres always a lot of good looking girls there, more than you would find than a rhino or opus. also no hassle to get in. :)

im under 25 n asian never had a problem from the get go

edit: another reason why i like it, doesn't attract too many asians.

Graham_A_M
02-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Tantra sucks... keep looking. :rolleyes: .. honestly

max_boost
02-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

edit: another reason why i like it, doesn't attract too many asians.

LOL Being Asian myself, I agree!

Any club with less Asians is a good thing.

Don't think you'll hear a white person say the same thing, any clubs with less white people is a good thing hahahaha

Personally, I like Mercury. Always good times!

Canucks3322
02-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Tantra is now Asian free on Saturday nights? WOW, what happened...gonna have to check it out.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Tantra just isn't good. All the people there are usually trying so hard to be the BMW driving, Ed Hardy wearing Dbags that they forget that clubs are supposed to be a fun enviornment.

And the drinks are over priced. (just like all calgary clubs)

GQBalla
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Don't think you'll hear a white person say the same thing, any clubs with less white people is a good thing hahahaha

true.

whats fun actually is twisted (gay bar)

now before i get flamed, no im not gay.

good
- guys get in free
- no douches
- no try hards
- everyones there to have fun
- lots of girls, many are straight (they just want to go have fun and not get macked on)
- good music
- cheap drinks

bad
- kinda iffy at times
- slide shows of guys

definitely not a place for homophobes

beyond_ban
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
... Ed Hardy wearing Dbags ...

Ed Hardy, SMET, Audigier and Dom Rebel are all banned there, so no, you won't see those type of douchebags.

Originally posted by GQBalla
whats fun actually is twisted (gay bar)

Haha, funny you would mention twisted. I went before more as a joke just to see what it was like. It was funny how polite the front door men were. They help you remove your jacket and everything, but it is definitely creepy. Standing at the bar and talking and drinking can be rewarding though. First time in my life i got two drinks bought for me by two people i didn't know. Needless to say, i couldn't handle it for more then an hour based on the dudes staring wanting to get into your pants.

nj2Type-S
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
....why the hell would you go to a gay bar if you aren't gay!? i'm not buying the whole 'i went there as a joke' bit. hahaha, jk!

GQBalla
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
....why the hell would you go to a gay bar if you aren't gay!? i'm not buying the whole 'i went there as a joke' bit. hahaha, jk!

lol first time i went it was because a friend was in town and wanted to go mack on girls.

so we thought it would be funny if we brought him there.

took him a bit to realize.

first he was like wow theres quite a lot of drag queens here in calgary.

than he was like whys there rainbows???

the slide show of guys with their cock out gave him that final clue AHAHAH

he than proceeded to get black out drunk AHHAHA

nj2Type-S
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM
^LOL!!!

how many more times after did you go? hahaha. i'm just giving ya a hard time, man...haha!

GQBalla
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
^LOL!!!

how many more times after did you go? hahaha. i'm just giving ya a hard time, man...haha!

ahahh two more, i know you want to experience it ahha

JfuckinC
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I eep hearing twisted is fun. I'm the farthest from a homophobe but fuck i just dont know if i could handle it haha

GQBalla
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
I eep hearing twisted is fun. I'm the farthest from a homophobe but fuck i just dont know if i could handle it haha

honestly, its not even that bad.

plus its fun they play good music and even have light shows

like i dont think ive ever had so much fun in a club.

cheap drinks, random guys buyin you drinks (they are gay, they know your straight but will still try to flirt with you. They implement their gaydar!) guys getting in free.

no try hards is actually what i like the most, no body stares you down.

ercchry
02-11-2010, 01:31 PM

no body stares you down.

well... not in a i want to hurt you way... ;)

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Ed Hardy, SMET, Audigier and Dom Rebel are all banned there, so no, you won't see those type of douchebags.

I don`t think I have ever nonot worn Dom Rebel there. At least in the last two years or so.

I don`t know why Dom Rebel gets grouped in with those other douchey brands. They are far from similar.

bjstare
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Wouldn't that make you ultra-flamin' gay then??

:rofl:

I kid, I kid.

01RedDX
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM

beyond_ban
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM

I don`t think I have ever nonot worn Dom Rebel there. At least in the last two years or so.

I don`t know why Dom Rebel gets grouped in with those other douchey brands. They are far from similar.

I agree with you there. I have worn it there quite a few times, but the last time i was there he stopped me at the front door and told me that no "gang affiliated" wear was allowed inside. I told him it was an honest mistake and he ended up letting me in. To err on the side of caution, i wouldn't wear Dom if i ever go back.

JfuckinC
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by cjblair

Wouldn't that make you ultra-flamin' gay then??

:rofl:

I kid, I kid.

lol, farthest while still worshiping ONLY the female body :rofl:

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

I agree with you there. I have worn it there quite a few times, but the last time i was there he stopped me at the front door and told me that no "gang affiliated" wear was allowed inside. I told him it was an honest mistake and he ended up letting me in. To err on the side of caution, i wouldn't wear Dom if i ever go back.

Weird shit, I never have a problem. Then again, I avoid Tantra like I avoid the plague.

beyond_ban
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Weird shit, I never have a problem. Then again, I avoid Tantra like I avoid the plague.

I avoid it at all costs as well, but sometimes i get dragged into going for a few hours for a friends b day or something similar.

Spoons
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM

honestly, its not even that bad.

plus its fun they play good music and even have light shows

like i dont think ive ever had so much fun in a club.

cheap drinks, random guys buyin you drinks (they are gay, they know your straight but will still try to flirt with you. They implement their gaydar!) guys getting in free.

no try hards is actually what i like the most, no body stares you down.

WERD! Went their with a few friends from university when I was still in Calgary. Few guys, few girls. As soon as we got in and it really hit some others that it was a gay bar, a few of the guys got up and left swearing and shit... homophobes.

Never the less never had a problem with the guys there, in a sense that they will try and harmlessly flirt with you, but they know you are straight and they can't change that. TONS of straight girls there, and trust me, a lot of them are sick of the alpha male. I had a chat with a couple girls there (yes all actually female) and said this was the only place they come to actually pick up men, yes the picking is slim, but I guess quality, not quantity. For a lot of girls, a guy being in touch with your feminine side and not being so close minded is a HUGE turn on.

If your a homophobe, open your damn mind and stop being an idiot and go there, you will have a blast. Definitely don't go with just some guys though, go with a little group. Easily had the best time I have ever had at a club. You don't even realize it is a gay bar after awhile.

scat19
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Twisted is the most relaxed bar ever. No DB's staring you down looking for a fight, some eye candy from the girls that aren't lesbian, and good drink prices no cover and all round good time.

Good music and light shows and lasers!

Just make sure you get a cubicle, not a urinal. I didn't want a guy eying up my shit.

l/l/rX
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
hah ya it is actually fun there, they play good dance/ house music stuff. Girls were good, not many, but they were good. You dont get use to the guys hitting on you though. But if you just say "no" or something along those lines, they do back off n dont keep pushing it.

l/l/rX
02-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Mercury is fun, but the crowd is definitely a lot older. Its also kind of hard for me still though to get in sometimes, I gotta go super early to get in.

And whats with you people talking about over priced drinks? I find the drinks are all priced the same. EXCEPT for BLVD. HOLY EFF! Now that place hurts the fucking pocket! I also find Rhino to be a bit more expensive. Tantra, Whiskey, Forum, Vinyl, Flames central n all those places I find are all the same prices when it comes to drinks.

scat19
02-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I couldn't stand Mercury.

Old dudes with young gold diggin' whores. So gross.

I walked in, 20 mins later, walked out.

Spoons
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
hah ya it is actually fun there, they play good dance/ house music stuff. Girls were good, not many, but they were good. You dont get use to the guys hitting on you though. But if you just say "no" or something along those lines, they do back off n dont keep pushing it.

See I never had a problem there. Most of them know you are straight and know they can't change that.

Maybe I just don't attract the other sex hahaha.

403Gemini
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM

Mercury is fun, but the crowd is definitely a lot older. Its also kind of hard for me still though to get in sometimes, I gotta go super early to get in.

And whats with you people talking about over priced drinks? I find the drinks are all priced the same. EXCEPT for BLVD. HOLY EFF! Now that place hurts the fucking pocket! I also find Rhino to be a bit more expensive. Tantra, Whiskey, Forum, Vinyl, Flames central n all those places I find are all the same prices when it comes to drinks.

I think the best plan is as others said above, go with a few friends (girls & guys) and just have a girl say shes your GF when a dude starts hitting on you... I personally haven't been to twisted but by the sounds of this thread it sounds like the best club in calgary :eek: I have no issues with gays, one of my best friends is gay so i'd be pretty comfortable there with a small group of friends.

l/l/rX
02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
also... they dont let you wear ed hardy, christian audiger, smet, all that crap into tantra anymore, that started a loooong time ago.

max_boost
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM

Haha BLVD is crazy.

Went a few times and it was always $10/drink no matter what you ordered :eek:

Fucking retarded.

Not to mention you had nowhere to sit, 85% dudes, expensive drinks=will not go back ever haha