PDA

View Full Version : Shisha

G-ZUS
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I know there are alot of shisha smokers on here. What are your favourite flavours?

Mine are al fakher white grape and mint
Al fakher watermelon mixed with vanilla

CKY
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Anything not al fakher, I prefer Nakhla's Mizo line, or Tangiers are great too. Starbuzz isn't bad, but a little pricier compared to the rest.

xxxazntigerxx
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
my head hurts when i smoke shisha

bulaian
02-13-2010, 12:45 AM
i like al fakher white grape also

this order i went with something different though. nakhla double apple, strawberry and mizo white grape and watermelon

so far i'm not really diggin the strawberry too much

liquidboi69
02-14-2010, 12:01 PM
As CKY said, give Tangier's and Nahkla Mizo a try.

With a Tangier's funnel bowl, I can get 1.5-2 hour sessions with one bowl. With natural coals like Chronic Hookah or CoCo Naras coals, these bad boys last at least an hour each.

I use 2 coals to start, then 1 coal to finish. I get clouds thicker than what any Shisha bar in Calgary can produce haha.

uv1569
02-16-2010, 12:42 PM
What i find is the better quality the hookah the better quality the smoke.. I go to Mirage quite often and they use only Syrian Hookahs and i get awesome smoke and big clouds. I go to cafe med and Smoke the same flavors and with a chinese hookah i dont get the same smoke.

Not always the tabacco lots of it has to do with the Hookah itself

19fury69
02-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey, I just started smoking Shisha a while ago and have just bought it at the local bong shops. Where do you guys order it from?? One of my room mates buddies came over one day and had some he ordered from the states, came in like a mini ice cream pail. It was WAY better then the crap at bong shops and a heck of a lot cheaper too.
Anybody ordering some soon? I have cash if someone could order me some.
Thanks, Fred.

CUG
03-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Yeah, Bump, where are the shops that sell this stuff? The REAL stuff, not the shitty herbal.

G-ZUS
03-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I recently tried Al fakher, cocktail flavour. boy was it good:drool:

liquidboi69
03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 19fury69
Hey, I just started smoking Shisha a while ago and have just bought it at the local bong shops. Where do you guys order it from?? One of my room mates buddies came over one day and had some he ordered from the states, came in like a mini ice cream pail. It was WAY better then the crap at bong shops and a heck of a lot cheaper too.
Anybody ordering some soon? I have cash if someone could order me some.
Thanks, Fred.

Ice cream pail is probably Al-Fakher.

I just order online.

www.hookahjohn.com

Ordered twice, came within a week. Always fast, and have not had to pay duties yet or taxes.

thepyrofish
03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

I just order online.

www.hookahjohn.com

Ordered twice, came within a week. Always fast, and have not had to pay duties yet or taxes.
Minnesota Hookah (http://www.mnhookah.com/) ships to Canada discreetly as well. I buy all my shisha online (as well as cigars and pipe tobacco) :D

The price difference is incredible.

iblizzard
06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

I just order online.

www.hookahjohn.com

I just placed an order with hookahjohn and got a response saying they only accept payment with Western Union (at least with shipments to Canada).
Not a whole lot different then handing over my credit card info (which i've already done of course).. just wanted to see if this was the same case for you when you've ordered from them.

torob
06-11-2010, 04:39 PM
:banghead:

torob
06-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by torob
Patogh Cafe and Shisha Bar (http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?cid=8419026948873953927&q=patogh+calgary&hl=en&cd=1&ei=7boSTKTvEpPusAPxyNG1AQ&sll=51.046578,-114.066266&sspn=0.006295,0.019896&ie=UTF8&ll=51.052361,-114.077203&spn=0,0&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A)

Try the Bastani Sonati ;) Traditional Persian ice cream

Novus
06-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Yeah, Bump, where are the shops that sell this stuff? The REAL stuff, not the shitty herbal.

Smoker's Corner in Kensington. They sell herbal, tobacco, hookahs, tongs, coal, and also a filter so you don't have to use a foil wrap

JAYMEZ
06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Just got my first Hookah... Bought it at shop by Ernest Manning (Grocery store) ... I got Tropical Fruit, its really good.

Urchin
06-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyone found any good deals latley on shisha? Seems like most places sell the tiny boxes for $30, what a rip. Put an order in through hookahjohn, but need some for this week. Cheapest place for a small box here? Preferably downtown, or close to. Thanks!

Edit: went to smokers corner on the weekend, but they only have the shisha shots, which is 1-2 bowls worth for $6!

pyro
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Has anyone ordered off http://www.hookahhub.com/herbal-shisha.html

G-ZUS
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Anyone wishing to order from outside of Canada, don't lol. I just got dinged with that $300/kg tariff/duty/whatever the fuck they justify it as.

iblizzard
06-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Anyone wishing to order from outside of Canada, don't lol. I just got dinged with that $300/kg tariff/duty/whatever the fuck they justify it as.

$300/kg?... Seriously that high?

G-ZUS
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by iblizzard

$300/kg?... Seriously that high?

somewhere around there. I brought in 1350g, and they sent me a bill for $503

GQBalla
06-23-2010, 05:48 PM

where did you order from?

also are you allowed to just not pay it so they return it to the sender?

G-ZUS
06-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

where did you order from?

also are you allowed to just not pay it so they return it to the sender?

yes thats what im doing...i got it through my cousin in the states

[Yu]
06-25-2010, 04:42 PM

yes thats what im doing...i got it through my cousin in the states

Hey GZUS, if the person working at a headshop was correct, Canada charges approx. $.30 per a gram of shisha

If my math is correct, you paid approx 405 for just the extra charge they put on you.

Anyone got new brands and flavors other than Al Fakher or El Nahklah around here?

Also if anyone is interested, maybe we can get some hookah owners together and just have a little meet so we can try flavors that some might not want to buy 250g of. This way we can test them out to see if we want to buy.

GQBalla
07-02-2010, 09:51 AM
anybody know any places that sell the al fakher for cheap?

lellowrx7
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
double apple is always good
if you mix hazelnut and chocolate its an awesome combo too.
go to bongs n such or hempisphere. they may be head shops but they have really nice hookas and huge selections of the sheesha

[Yu]
07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
anybody know any places that sell the al fakher for cheap?

Cheapest I can get it in Calgary is 30-35 dollars for 250g at Mirage.

and to the post just above me, headshops usually sell shisha for wayyyy more than it costs.

Also the brands they carry for hookahs are quite dismal in my opinion. If you ask any of them what a Khalil Mamoon hookah is, 9/10 they do not know what I am talking about.

Like I said, if you plan to try new brands of shisha, I'd suggest you try Tangier's and along with that, purchase a Tangier's phunel bowl. With that badboy, I only bought the small bowl, and the bowl lasts at least 2.5-3 hours consistently and is pumping soooo much smoke out.

2Valve0
07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]

Hey GZUS, if the person working at a headshop was correct, Canada charges approx. $.30 per a gram of shisha

If my math is correct, you paid approx 405 for just the extra charge they put on you.

Anyone got new brands and flavors other than Al Fakher or El Nahklah around here?

Also if anyone is interested, maybe we can get some hookah owners together and just have a little meet so we can try flavors that some might not want to buy 250g of. This way we can test them out to see if we want to buy.

Your that cheap that you don't want to spend money to buy 250g of shisha and would rather meet up with a bunch of random strangers and swap spit?

[Yu]
07-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

Your that cheap that you don't want to spend money to buy 250g of shisha and would rather meet up with a bunch of random strangers and swap spit?

Lulz! you mad homie from my post in the other thread!

Yes, its a community here, and yes it would be nice to meet up with some people, and there is some minor interest.

You just bumped this thread cuz you mad homie!

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg

2Valve0
07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/165/gayasians.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/gayasians.jpg/)

How bout we all meet up for bubble tea and all order different flavored drinks and share so we can all try each one.
:clap:

pyro
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Anyone know any other places/ppl besides mirage to buy 250g for around $30??

[Yu]
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by pyro
Anyone know any other places/ppl besides mirage to buy 250g for around $30??

Unfortunately I do not know, also if you were to buy El Nakhlah 250g, those are only 25 dollars.

Freestylin
07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Smokin some Al Fakher pineapple with some chilled out music is always good :D

pyro
07-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Unfortunately I do not know, also if you were to buy El Nakhlah 250g, those are only 25 dollars.
From where?? i bought some of that from AA and it was like $70

[Yu]
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM

From where?? i bought some of that from AA and it was like $70

Once again, from Mirage.

pyro
07-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Once again, from Mirage.

Just went down there and they said they dont sell just shisha, anyone have a hook-up??

[Yu]
07-16-2010, 01:28 AM

Just went down there and they said they dont sell just shisha, anyone have a hook-up??

Hey Pyro, I'm apologize then, since I bought from Mirage in 2008-2009. I started buying online now.

TeHashu
07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
you can buy shisha from a cigar shop ( forgot the name ) in Willowpark Village Square... just a bit south of the Earls on Macleod Trail. The store itself is facing Macleod.

I buy 6.99 herbal shisha from there but they have the tobacco kind for around 30 if i can remember well.

I find that the herbal one doesn't get me dizzy at all compared to the buzz I get from the narah/mirage one.

btw you gotta be 18 to enter the store and they'll id you once in.

EDIT: http://www.wpv.ca/store-directory/willow-park-cigars. They also have small hookhas

pyro
07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
^just called they sell 50g for $27

[Yu]- where do u order from, and do u get dinged a bunch of tax? If ur placing another order soon could u PM me and ill pay u extra for the trouble lmk:thumbsup:

[Yu]
07-23-2010, 12:42 PM
^just called they sell 50g for $27

[Yu]- where do u order from, and do u get dinged a bunch of tax? If ur placing another order soon could u PM me and ill pay u extra for the trouble lmk:thumbsup:

Hey Pyro, SORRY I didn't see this post since I didn't check this thread again.

My friend and I literally put in the order 2 days ago.

We order non-tobacco stuff from Hookahjohn.com now since he only takes money order for tobacco (prolly due to some people returning shipment when they get dinged with taxes). Just ordered 2 phunnel bowls, and a 2010 KM hose.

We order our shisha from hookahshisha. If you order over 100 dollars, they send u a pretty generic but a good brand (Mya) hookah. We just ordered 3 starbuzz, and I finally decided to try original Tangier's (which is much stronger in nicotine than El Nahkla)

So far, I have not been dinged with taxes out of the two orders I have placed. I used to buy everything from Hookahjohn but he doesn't take credit anymore for tobacco.

I will see probably in a week when the shisha arrives to see if I will get dinged. Cky is the forum member here that I order with just an fyi. Ill shoot you a PM next time I order.

pyro
07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
[Yu]- let me know if u get dinged from ur order through hookahshisha, hopefully not then ill place an order through them :thumbsup:

They dont ding u for anything other then shisha, right? ie: coals, hookahs

[Yu]
07-26-2010, 08:22 PM
They shouldn't ding you for coals and hookahs. They might charge duties, but not tobacco tax of 30 cents per a gram, which is the deal breaker.

Buying 1250 grams of shisha isn't much, but just calculating the tobacco tax, it hurts man.

psycoticclown
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Bumping this thread, anybody want to do a group buy?

[Yu]
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Bumping this thread, anybody want to do a group buy?

Be careful of group buys, I notice the bigger the order people get for shisha, the higher chance it gets inspected and dinged at customs. This is just my experience from reading hookah forums.

G-ZUS
09-18-2010, 12:34 PM

Be careful of group buys, I notice the bigger the order people get for shisha, the higher chance it gets inspected and dinged at customs. This is just my experience from reading hookah forums.

that's true, anything over 3-4 boxes good chance they'll open it

mugensix
09-28-2010, 12:16 AM
pm me if anyone wants more tobacco,
my cuzin owns green cedars lebanese groceries on 17th and he will hook it up nice and cheep for a group buy

WRXer
09-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Ive ordered from www.fumari.com Loved the flavours, good quality stuff, best part they mark it as a gift for customs :thumbsup: