PDA

View Full Version : Fun Bars in Golden?

Feruk
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Anyone know of any cool bars/pubs to hit in Golden? We're going up for the weekend, but I've never been there. Looking for a younger crowd (20-30), maybe a bit of dancing, and as few truckers as possible.

Tik-Tok
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Dude, Golden has a population of less than 4,000. How many pubs do you think they have? :nut: You aren't going to have a choice of "young crowd, not many truckers"

n1zm0
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
We're going up for the weekend, but I've never been there.

theres your problem right there

its not somewhere you go to 'hang out' its where you might stop to get food on a road trip to van city

bigboom
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
there isnt much in golden. thats when i go out ot kicking horse we usually go out with a bunch of people and just party in the townhouse.

the town you'll find is dead at night, they have a few liquor stores thouugh.

Afrodeziak
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
There's a couple bars. but that depends what your ideal "fun" is. If you're not willing to integrate with the locals, then you'll be singled out, made fun of and the glares/stares will "tell you to go back to your condo/cabin."

Make the most of your trip by experiencing the small-town feel. Golden has come a fair ways in past years for "ski-bum" attitude. It's not just truckers now, lol.

If you have an open mind and enjoy "real" people, you should enjoy yourself. Leave the peeps who want to dress up and show off their haircuts on the couch.

Feruk
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I realize it's a small town, but I'm sure alot of people skiing Kicking Horse would stay there. I'm looking for a pub or something ski bums would congregate to. Somewhere social. Any bar/pub names come to mind? Don't worry, I'm leaving "my new haircut" guy in Calgary.

DJ Lazy
02-12-2010, 12:09 AM
If I could remember anything from the night I partied with some friends there I would give some names, but it's a total blackout... mostly small town pubs, mixed crowds for sure... and a LOT of Aussies!

Hang over the next day SUCKED!! :rofl:

Rat Fink
02-12-2010, 07:42 AM

ExtraSlow
02-12-2010, 08:34 AM
There's a bar around the 600 block of 8th avenue. Google doesn't show anything. I don't remember what it's called, but it can't be too hard to find, because I can always stumble across that pedestrian bridge to it when I'm hammered. Kind of a hard rock, heavy metal place, but usually very few of the condo assholes.

Also, Mad trappers, kind of hit or miss.

Packers is decent, sometimes has cool bands.

The Lodge used to be a strip bar, but last time I was there, they had a cool band. I think the owners of that place just do whatever the fuck they want in terms of entertainment.

Best thing about golden is that you don't need to drive anywhere. All of these bars are about ten minutes ffrom each other walking, so you can wander around town drunk.
Hit up the 7-11 on your way back to the hotel, there's always something hilarious going down. grab some taquitos if you hate your roomatesand want to stink them out.

beyond_ban
02-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
If you go into the town and not to some place on the highway there is a good chance it will be free of those nasty scumbag evildoers

:rofl: :thumbsup:

Feruk
02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

The Lodge used to be a strip bar, but last time I was there, they had a cool band. I think the owners of that place just do whatever the fuck they want in terms of entertainment.

Haha small town strip clubs! I'm never going to a small town strip joint again. Last place we went (dont remember the town), we immediately noticed NOBODY was sitting by the stage. Everyone except one old man (by the bar) was sitting as far away as possible. Didn't understand why till the stripper came out. Massively overweight African-American woman with F+ size breasts. She walked up behind the old man at the bar (who wasn't paying attention), placed one massive breast on each shoulder, and SHOOK side to side. Poor man didn't know what hit him.

Never again!

Ajay
02-14-2010, 04:01 AM
River House in Golden is pretty decent.

It's literally a house made into a bar. It's off the main drag in downtown Golden about a block or so.

Pretty decent time there.

ExtraSlow
02-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah, river house, that is the place I was thinking of. It's pretty fun, and fewer nineteen year olds to piss you off.

mr2mike
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
You weren't the jerk who attempted to take his 4x4 truck with AB plates up the kicking horse ski hill and got stuck then tried to hide from the RCMP?
*trying to find pics but a buddy says they're confidential for kicking horse*

They don't like AB ppl going to the bars because they go there thinking they can get some easy tail from the local girls who are all dating the local guys.
Typical small town scenario with outsiders.