PDA

View Full Version : Compustar problem

bencha06
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi, I have the compustar 2w900. I had to replace my remote, and ever since that my car won't start remotely. It unlocks/locks/ect fine, and when I hold the button to start, the electronics will turn on and the lock will click, but the car makes no attempt to start. Any suggestions?

futurecivic
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
you may need to reprogram tach
what is the year make vechile make and model

Dr_Funk
02-14-2010, 01:33 AM
I have the exact same problem!!! I have an 2006 civic..

bencha06
02-14-2010, 02:54 AM
It's a 96 mazda mx-6. Is it easy to reprogram or will I have to take it to a shop?

futurecivic
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
depending on when the unit was manufactered its either
start the car with the key apply the foot brake and push the start button on the remote if it works it should click once
option 2 on the brain itself there is aa button on the back start the car and push the button once if correct the unit should click once

or you can bring it to a shop

dooman24
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
look in your manual for the option reset procedure

that'll fix it

troyl
02-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Try pushing the tach learn button on the brain of the unit while the car is idling.

silvercivicsir
02-14-2010, 06:50 PM
i say it's in valet...... press I and III for a 1/2 second and that should fix it.

bencha06
02-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, but umm where exactly is the brain located/what does it look like? I looked behind the dash by the petals for a little black box, but it's a complete mess of wires, hard to tell.

Also it's definitely not in valet, the lock, alarm, and everything else works except the remote start. Thanks though.

bencha06
02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Tried both and no luck, guess I'll take it to a shop somewhere :( thanks all.

johnny0214
02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Had this problem happen a few times between myself and my friends. Hopefully its the same solution but try this reset using your remote.

Resetting all of Menu #1 or Menu #2 of ProgrammingOptions
to the factory default settings - if you are not sure about current
programming, change everything to the factory settings and start again.

1. Resetting all of Menu #1 to the factory setting

Step 1:Press buttons ( I + I I ) simultaneously for 2 seconds. This will be
confirmed by a siren chirp and a one-time flashing of the parking light.

Step2:Press button I I I once. This will be confirmed by a car chirp and
parking light flash. Press button I I I again. You will be confirmed by a car chirp
and parking light flash again. Press button I I I third time. You will be confirmed
by a car chirp and parking light flash third time. A few second later, your car will
chirp and parking light flash three times rapidly to confirm the resetting.

2. Resetting all of Menu #2 to the factory setting.

Follow the same steps above except that you press buttons ( I +I V) for 2
seconds at the Step 1 instead of buttons ( I + I I ).

I can't remember if it was menu 1 or 2 that had to be reset

bencha06
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
It worked! I love you. Good thing I live in Canada, so I still have 3 months of winter left to make use of this.