PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental

Diesel2005
02-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Hi,

I got a question regarding the car rental at discount. Do I have to be a Non GDL driver to rent a van from Discount? We were planning to rent a van in order to go to sunshine village on tuesday.

Wrinkly
02-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Hmmm not sure, but probably. You also may have to be a certain age. Does it not say on their web site? :dunno:

liquidboi69
02-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Not sure if this info will help. But for enterprise, any sort of license is fine.

But if you are under 25, you are not allowed to rent anything above Mid Size.

Full Size would mean, a 300, a Chevy Imapla, or Nissan Altima.

Vans, SUVs, and Trucks all are classed as Mid Size +

ALSO, enterprise has an awesome discount right now. Weekend special for $20/day mid size, but you have to get it till monday.

inline6turbo
02-14-2010, 04:28 AM
It's actually until Tuesday, I'm renting from enterprise right now, it's a sweet deal for 5 days, that is, if you need the car that long!

As for the gdl, it's your age that counts. Under 25 and they limit you, although I was able to rent a truck through budget when I was only 21. I think that was a mistake by them, just call and ask.

nrt_vw
02-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Yeah any class of license is fine exept for class 7 of course. but they do have age limits like everyone said and discount will charge an underage fee daily if you are under 25.

Zhariak
02-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
Not sure if this info will help. But for enterprise, any sort of license is fine.

But if you are under 25, you are not allowed to rent anything above Mid Size.

Full Size would mean, a 300, a Chevy Imapla, or Nissan Altima.

Vans, SUVs, and Trucks all are classed as Mid Size +

ALSO, enterprise has an awesome discount right now. Weekend special for $20/day mid size, but you have to get it till monday.

Are you sure?

Enterprise handles my dealerships rentals (for service work). They always hook me up with the biggest of whatever they got. Only 23 here...

jwslam
02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
If you use the app on orbitz.com for car rentals they have a category for age 21-24

According to their table only certain companies limit on luxury, SUV, and Pick-Up.

The table has a Van price for all places.