PDA

View Full Version : Sti Special Editon?

Kittens11
02-14-2010, 02:43 AM
So i have been seeing adds for the new Sti SE all over the place and as i am currently looking into either a sti or a evo in April, i am wondering if anyone knows about the status of the SE trim here in Canada. For those of you who haven't seen it yet... http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impreza-wrx/stise/index.html
:drool: :drool:

Looks awesome in my opinion, gets rid of a few features i couldn't care less about 6 disk changers and other crap, and adds the spec c suspension and some other performance Goodies. You get all of this for 2 grand less. So are we getting this thing in Canada or what?

chkolny541
02-14-2010, 02:59 AM
:eek: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: never seen it before...but that is so sexy, love it

aristocrat
02-14-2010, 04:27 AM
buy it in the states.

ArjayAquino
02-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I can't remember if it is coming here, but you can read about it on iwsti http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-general/179644-2010-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-special-edition-spec-c-parts-32-995-msrp.html

HondaKid
02-14-2010, 12:51 PM
I love it!

But can it jump like this? (720p/fullscreen sweet):

L5N7R9Wbe_E

That.Guy.S30
02-14-2010, 01:28 PM
spec c damper rates are nothing special. maybe if they brought over the real Spec C or even the R205.

94boosted
02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
spec c damper rates are nothing special. maybe if they brought over the real Spec C or even the R205.

:werd: Spec C spring rates but it's not the actual Spec C that Japan gets, but I must admit the Grey Rims on the White STi are :drool:

Sucks to be North American, so many cool cars we don't get (STi Spec C, EVO FQ 400)

heavyD
02-16-2010, 08:07 AM
No HID's, no climate control, 4-speaker single CD player, etc. You would have to be pretty hardcore to buy this over a regular STI especially considering any performance gains will be marginal at best.

scat19
02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
What's a CD heavyD?

I have a 6CD changer in the trunk and a CD player in the dash - haven't touched it since I bought the car. iPhone FTW. (internet radio, youtube, iPod... )

Kartelli
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
No HIDs???? Real sad.

Tilly
02-16-2010, 01:50 PM
hids could also just be a simple upgrade.. for those interested.

a juiced down version of the car is interesting to me in the sense that it expresses a stripped down race version sti - less to take out! what's not to like about that?

psycoticclown
02-16-2010, 01:55 PM
It still has climate control, just doesn't have automatic climate control...

heavyD
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Tilly
hids could also just be a simple upgrade.. for those interested.

a juiced down version of the car is interesting to me in the sense that it expresses a stripped down race version sti - less to take out! what's not to like about that?

It's basically a stripper with different wheels and modified suspension but the kicker is that this US 'race' version comes with the same north american STI minivan seats not even the JDM recaros.

Who buys an STI and doesn't drive it daily? Why buy the car then have to install HID's, steering wheel audio controls, speakers, etc after the fact when you could get that all standard on the regular STI? I go back to my original post in that you have to be hardcore to buy this over a regular STI.

TorqueDog
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
They should make the STI Banff Edition.

4lti
02-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

:rofl:

DannyO
02-16-2010, 04:01 PM
This SE doesn't seem all that great, I'll be waiting and hoping that the Cosworth edition being shown in march will go into production and come over here.

Wishful thinking I know.:(

Tetsugen
02-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Fuck the cosworth and Se models they release in North America, they need to bring over the Prodrive & Spec-C/R205 versions.

Kartelli
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

It's basically a stripper with different wheels and modified suspension but the kicker is that this US 'race' version comes with the same north american STI minivan seats not even the JDM recaros.

Who buys an STI and doesn't drive it daily? Why buy the car then have to install HID's, steering wheel audio controls, speakers, etc after the fact when you could get that all standard on the regular STI? I go back to my original post in that you have to be hardcore to buy this over a regular STI.

Completely agree! DD'ed mine for 2.5 years in all conditions. Creature comforts are worth it, more the better.

4doorj
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
No HID's, no climate control, 4-speaker single CD player, etc. You would have to be pretty hardcore to buy this over a regular STI especially considering any performance gains will be marginal at best.
:werd:
Same reason why I think the EVO X RS would be useless. Unless you are a hardcore racer.

dino_martini
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog

I don't get it... :dunno:

schocker
02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

I don't get it... :dunno:
Half of all people in banff have a sexually transmitted infection
I was reading about this though in some magazine I bought, it is supposed to be a few thousand less so I can see it being pretty popular among the enthusiasts.

Sorath
02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
looks like a waste of money imo

TorqueDog
02-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by schocker

Half of all people in banff have a sexually transmitted infection
I was reading about this though in some magazine I bought, it is supposed to be a few thousand less so I can see it being pretty popular among the enthusiasts. I dunno about 'half', but from what I've read, it's an abnormally high percentage.

max_boost
02-18-2010, 06:01 PM
What they need is one with dual clutch transmission!

bituerbo
02-19-2010, 11:32 AM
It's already been proven that the base WRX ($25k at US dealers) is faster than the STi 0-60, and the 1/4 mile numbers are virtually identical. (13.4 vs 13.5). 99% of people who buy these cars will NEVER see track use, nor will they ever be driven remotely near the limit of the vehicles potential. If you're still buying the STi, it's because of status alone. Get a $600 access port and you will blow the STi out of the water. I know some people will claim that the differential/transmission/brakes are better, but you won't ever use them to their potential on the street.

Sorath
02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
i dunno, brembo's, hid's, better wheels, wider body, 6 speed transmission is worth the upgrade alone imo..... status my ass. sti's are boring to drive anyways....

heavyD
02-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
It's already been proven that the base WRX ($25k at US dealers) is faster than the STi 0-60, and the 1/4 mile numbers are virtually identical. (13.4 vs 13.5). 99% of people who buy these cars will NEVER see track use, nor will they ever be driven remotely near the limit of the vehicles potential. If you're still buying the STi, it's because of status alone. Get a $600 access port and you will blow the STi out of the water. I know some people will claim that the differential/transmission/brakes are better, but you won't ever use them to their potential on the street.

Regular WRX's border on bland/homely. STI looks much nicer and has a better AWD system in addition to many other upgrades.