PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes C63 AMG

Pages : [1] 2

chrisc20
02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Anyone on here own one of these? or if not what have you heard about them. i think they look fantastic and obviously performance is great, just curious as to things like reliability. you never seem to see Mercedes at the top of the quality ratings or at least i havent? any thoughts

signature7
02-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Rage and some else close to him has one lol...but we all know better than to speak about it.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/14.jpg

barmanjay
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Yep,.. it's rages winter car (yes I said winter), and from what I can tell,.. he is happy,.. LOL

G-ZUS
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
^benyl i think

max_boost
02-15-2010, 08:08 PM
rage2---Beyond CEO, once said "more fun than you can imagine" and seeing how we should never question rage2, that means it's probably the best car you can buy for that money.

benyl also has one but not sure what his thoughts are. He probably loves it too haha

What's to worry about reliability? Isn't that what warranty is for? :dunno:

chrisc20
02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
rage2---Beyond CEO, once said "more fun than you can imagine" and seeing how we should never question rage2, that means it's probably the best car you can buy for that money.

benyl also has one but not sure what his thoughts are. He probably loves it too haha

What's to worry about reliability? Isn't that what warranty is for? :dunno:

Once the warranty is up, i dont want to get raped. i know it will cost more than a KIA but like i said, i dont want to get bent over here

max_boost
02-15-2010, 08:23 PM
You can buy extended warranty.

Probably cost about $5k for AMG models.

Anything AMG is going to = rape

Anything Benz maintenance is going to = rape

When compared to a Honda/Subaru for example.

chrisc20
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
You can buy extended warranty.

Probably cost about $5k for AMG models.

Anything AMG is going to = rape

Anything Benz maintenance is going to = rape

When compared to a Honda/Subaru for example.

I know Lexus isnt that bad and i was wondering if Mercedes was comparable or if they were extreme once that warranty is up? by what you are saying, i would expect them to lay down the hammer... not surprising

rage2
02-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I've owned AMGs off warranty before, it's WAY cheaper than BMW.

And ya, I love my C63. Best winter car ever. There's only been about 15 days this year where I couldn't use all the power.

jaysas_63
02-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I've owned AMGs off warranty before, it's WAY cheaper than BMW.

And ya, I love my C63. Best winter car ever. There's only been about 15 days this year where I couldn't use all the power.

Ive actually had the opposite experience with my cars. The Mercedes Ive owned (w202 C230K, W208 CLK430, w220 S430V) all gave me lots of grief including electronic problems (CD changer, sunroof, heated seats, gauge cluster, sensors, etc) and mechanical problems, the worst of which was in my CLK430 when the serpentine belt snapped, and took a few pulleys with it

My only experience with BMW was my E46 323ci which over the year that i owned it needed absolutely NOTHING, despite the relentless abuse i dealt her hahahaha

(all my cars were 5+ years old out of warranty)

anyways that doesn't change the fact that the day i graduate, and can move outta this hell whole and come back to Calgary, ill be pickin me up another Mercedes :thumbsup:

SRT10Killer
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm sure it's a great car as most benzs are, but can you tell me why it looks fantastic ? To me it looks like a 2007-08 corolla with a face lift... Does it look fantastic or is this an age generation thing ?

rage2
02-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer
I'm sure it's a great car as most benzs are, but can you tell me why it looks fantastic ? To me it looks like a 2007-08 corolla with a face lift... Does it look fantastic or is this an age generation thing ?
Huh? I'll admit the back looks like an older Honda Accord, but Corolla?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/09_Toyota_Corolla.jpg/800px-09_Toyota_Corolla.jpg

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/07/mercedes_c63_amg.jpg

signature7
02-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I really can't see the corolla comparison, neither with the accord one.

rage2
02-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by signature7
I really can't see the corolla comparison, neither with the accord one.
Here's what I mean by the Honda Accord comparison:

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/2008-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-3.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/EuropeHondaAccord.JPG/800px-EuropeHondaAccord.JPG

Newer Accord comparison:

http://www.hottunedcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/1-c63-amg-by-kleemann.jpg

http://www.redlineblog.com/autos/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/2008-honda-accord-rear-r3q.jpg

benyl
02-15-2010, 11:41 PM
The rear tails look like a camry to me:

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mytightride/2002Camrywing.gif

I have a put a fuck load of mileage on my car. I just love driving it. This might be a car that I keep longer that my usual 2-3 year cycle and would contemplate the extended warranty.

benyl
02-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by signature7
[B]Rage and some else close to him has one lol...but we all know better than to speak about it.

It is not secret that I have one. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

scat19
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM
C63 > GOD

on this forum. And because mods/admins have one, everyone leg humps it.

/thread.

7thgenvic
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
If I only had the money!

benyl
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Scotia bank says that you are richer than you think... lol

Kloubek
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Actually, I kinda can see the Corolla comparison.

But even though the changes are only moderate, the C63 is by FAR the better looking car.

And jaysas_63: I hear ya. But you're talking about many of the cars from Mercedes when they were entering or already in their "dark phase". During about a decade there, they dropped from one of the top of the list in quality down to something like 3rd from the bottom. And that's saying a lot - if you think about the garbage brands out there. Sure, there were some cars with solid platforms (slk?), but cars like the c and s class were extremely problematic.

Mercedes has (supposedly) improved their quality as of late, so the new fleet of vehicles should be cheaper to maintain. Yes, parts are still going to be a little pricey, but it's true - BMW *REALLY* rapes you for part costs sometimes.

It's the difference between having to give a hand job, and taking it up the ass; both are horrible, but one hurts a lot more.

Cos
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Rage, Benyl.

What is the gas mileage like? Not like I care if I bought it but wonder how it stacks up to something like a GTI or a truck.

Does it take premium?

rage2
02-16-2010, 10:52 AM
If you care about gas mileage, don't even think about the C63.

I get 14.5L/100km on a really good day of cruising lol. I usually average about 18L/100km.

It translates to 260-300km on a 70L tank of gas. I'm at the gas station all the time. Everyone knows me there. I'm a regular! :rofl:

benyl
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Premium.

mileage is shit.

16L / 100 kms is my average but can drop as low as 20L / 100kms in traffic.

If you romp on it, 25L / 100 isn't unsual.

I didn't buy the car for the gas mileage.

My 20G STI took 16-18L / 100, so I am used to the bad mileage. The 335 sips fuel! haha, 11-12 L / 100 kms.

Cos
02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
no I didnt think you would buy it for the mileage.

Just wondering how much with insurance, payments, and gas what that thing would cost. I still think it is worth it though.

haha

benyl
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Insurance is cheap. Well at least for me it is anyway. Less than the 335.

Service A is about $350
Servcie B is about $700

This car eats tires. I think my winter rears will need to be replaced next fall.

rage2
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I've got about 5mm of tread left before it hits the wearbars on the rears. I'm trying to drive a little easier so I don't have to replace 'em before summer lol.

As for insurance, I pay something like 750/year for it. Full coverage.

Cos
02-16-2010, 11:47 AM
hmmm may have to see how this new house works out, then may be loosing the truck.

At least the C63 would be faster and easier to park :rofl:

Kloubek
02-16-2010, 01:22 PM
I get 14.5L/100km on a really good day of cruising lol. I usually average about 18L/100km.

Holy shit! That is appalling. I've had full-size SUVs that sip gas compared to that. Brutal.

Cos
02-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Holy shit! That is appalling. I've had full-size SUVs that sip gas compared to that. Brutal.

yup my as big as you can get F150 with 35's and the 5.4L does better than that.

If I have my bike in the back, idling in the morning to warm up, sitting in stop and go traffic, and hammering on the gas can hit 20.0L and that is regular fuel. Usually average 14/16 and the tires are 20% of that.

:D

benyl
02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
But does your SUV or Truck sound like this?

Fast Forward to the 1 minute mark.
Ds0jqnjsBIY

ninefourfour
02-16-2010, 01:43 PM
c63 wagon :drool:

Kloubek
02-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Most certainly not. That's what I have my sports cars for.... :)

cocoabrova
02-16-2010, 01:58 PM

Ds0jqnjsBIY

Mine does:poosie:

Cos
02-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Ds0jqnjsBIY

No, and that is why I would trade my truck for that thing in a second.

JordanLotoski
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
If you care about gas mileage, don't even think about the C63.

It translates to 260-300km on a 70L tank of gas. I'm at the gas station all the time. Everyone knows me there. I'm a regular! :rofl:

Not bd, Iam getting 15.5l/100km in my Jag:nut: and i only have a 50L tank so you can imagin how often iam getting gas

QuasarCav
02-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

Not bd, Iam getting 15.5l/100km in my Jag:nut: and i only have a 50L tank so you can imagin how often iam getting gas

Your tank is closer to 70 litres.

G
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Just purchased for July delivery.

A White on black C63 with the rear view camera, performance and premium package. The new performance package add 30 horses.

Need to save up for gas. The thing sounds amazing.

rage2
02-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Lemme know when you get it and break it in! So is that a 2010 or a 2011 for July delivery?

G
02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Sadly it's a 2010. 2011 don't come out until September and probably not at the 2.9% finance rate.

Couldn't wait that long after hearing the sound of that thing.

So hard break in or soft?

Do you mind telling me what paid for you car? (You can pm me)

Lemme know when you get it and break it in! So is that a 2010 or a 2011 for July delivery?

benyl
02-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Hard break in.

I haven't used any oil.

If you look on the C63 board at MBWorld, everyone who did a soft break in uses oil.

Did you get the carbon Fibre trim?

Performance pack cars come with burl walnut brown trim... So fucking ugly.

You can't get the black birds eye maple with the Performance pack.

Did you get the LSD or are you going after market?

G
02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I can't justify the $2500 for the carbon. I got black maple which is allowed now with the performance package APX.

Did not get the LSD since you said it was only like 40% lock up and I am not an aggressive driver nor would I track the car.

Considered black on black but didn't want get caught up in that triangle.

Hard break in.

I haven't used any oil.

If you look on the C63 board at MBWorld, everyone who did a soft break in uses oil.

Did you get the carbon Fibre trim?

Performance pack cars come with burl walnut brown trim... So fucking ugly.

You can't get the black birds eye maple with the Performance pack.

Did you get the LSD or are you going after market?

benyl
02-26-2010, 04:31 PM
lol

rage2
02-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Hard break in.

I haven't used any oil.

Hard break-in, using zero oil here as well. And ya, it's hilarious that all the guys doing pussy break-in's are burning a shitload of oil. A Quart every 1000 miles lol. And yet, they still say AMG knows best with their recommendations haha. We should post on MB world once we get enough C63's hard broken in and make fun of some of those oldschool owners.

Originally posted by G
Considered black on black but didn't want get caught up in that triangle.
:rofl:

G
02-26-2010, 05:04 PM
What do you guys consider hard break in?

Just drive it like it's already broken in?

Hard break-in, using zero oil here as well. And ya, it's hilarious that all the guys doing pussy break-in's are burning a shitload of oil. A Quart every 1000 miles lol. And yet, they still say AMG knows best with their recommendations haha. We should post on MB world once we get enough C63's hard broken in and make fun of some of those oldschool owners.

bighead2267
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
yea. i like to know what is consider hard break in as well.

Xtrema
02-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Go thru all the RPM ranges but don't red line.

Don't baby it to keep it at idle or a consistent rpm.

max_boost
02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
White C63! Best color choice. :drool: :burnout:

m10-power
02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bighead2267
yea. i like to know what is consider hard break in as well.

Drive it like you stole it, after the rings seat (usually in the first 25km's). Initially to help the rings go mid to 75% max rpms @ near full throttle then off throttle back to mid rpms. Repeat 10 or 20 times. Good to go, my last engine rebuild saw 52km's before it was turning hot laps on the road course. The distance from my house to the track...Still going strong and doesn't burn any oil.

Biggest thing is to ensure the oil temperature is up before bagging on it, goes for any engine new or high mileage. This is not the coolant temperature as it usually takes twice as long to get the oil up to temperature then it does the coolant.

Pussy footing a break in is the worst thing for an engine.

Cos
02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Varied rpm, heavy throttle, the one thing I liked doing is when your going down a hill pop it into a higher gear so it sits are 2500 - 4000 rpm and take your foot off the accelerator. I changed my oil at 1000 and 5000 and it worked great. Lancer, bike, truck, none of them have had any issues or burned any oil.

Mind it that this was the generic hard break in that I found on a few sites. I have done it on my last few cars and it works great. I can find it if you want. It was about race bikes on groundpilots where I first got the link.

edit: google was helpful:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

rage2
02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Here's how I broke it in.

Start the car, drive to a deserted highway with < 10% throttle till oil temps are good. On the C63 that's 80c. After that, full throttle blasts thru first 3 gears and half way into 4th, then brake while downshifting through the gears. Repeat around 6 times. That's my initial break-in.

After that, on your daily commutes, use full throttle as much as u can without losing your license. Downshift as much as you can, get used to the awesome sounds.

I had a 1500km diff service, and changed my oil as well. That's it.

If you can get it on a roadcourse, a day lapping would be the perfect break-in.

heavyD
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Is that consumption just temporary do the rings never properly seal if broken in granny style?

I broke my EVO in granny style as per the recommendations and have never had the dipstick drop below full.

m10-power
02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Sometimes if you take it out and thrash it hard for awhile you can fix the oil consumption issue. Most people would do the opposite...

Putting in a quality engine break in oil before the thrashing would be a good idea as well.

http://www.royalpurple.com/breakin-oil.html

rage2
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Is that consumption just temporary do the rings never properly seal if broken in granny style?

I broke my EVO in granny style as per the recommendations and have never had the dipstick drop below full.
I think it depends on the car. There are a lot of people complaining of high oil consumption in the 63 motor, and all of them broke it in as per manufacturer's suggestions.

It's so bad that dealers are topping up the oil under warranty lol.

My theory (as with most ppl's hard break-in theory) is that a hard break-in will force the rings seal better. It all depends on ring design of the engine. A hard break-in also gives a more powerful motor due to better sealing. I've broken-in a lot of new cars, and most end up being "factory freaks" making more power. Thus, I always go for the hard break-in.

Tuner1
02-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

Biggest thing is to ensure the oil temperature is up before bagging on it, goes for any engine new or high mileage. This is not the coolant temperature as it usually takes twice as long to get the oil up to temperature then it does the coolant.

Hear, hear! This quote should be immortalized :thumbsup:

Rob

heavyD
02-27-2010, 12:30 PM

If you are running the proper viscosity oil that shouldn't be an issue unless you start up in very cold weather and bag on it. There are no oil passages narrow enough in most engines to suffer from starvation from oil temperature.

benyl
02-27-2010, 12:51 PM
The C63 has a oil temp display that flashes until it reaches operating temperature of 80.

Staying off the pedal for 10 minutes is not a big sacrifice to get it up to temp.

m10-power
02-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

If you are running the proper viscosity oil that shouldn't be an issue unless you start up in very cold weather and bag on it. There are no oil passages narrow enough in most engines to suffer from starvation from oil temperature.

The real issue is that oil does not provide proper lubrication when cold, viscosity is part of the equation obviously but until oil is up to operating temperature your not getting full protection. So stay off the throttle but equally important never lug the engine (hot or cold) especially when cold.

Cos
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM

The real issue is that oil does not provide proper lubrication when cold, viscosity is part of the equation obviously but until oil is up to operating temperature your not getting full protection. So stay off the throttle but equally important never lug the engine (hot or cold) especially when cold.

what do you mean lug the engine?

Aleks
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Cos

what do you mean lug the engine?

Too low rpms too high a gear.

pinoyhero
02-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Gorgeous car but with respect to maintenance on AMG mercs .. you gotta pay to play

benyl
02-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Not really. With BMW, you just pay in advance.

Cos
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Ahh, makes sense. Thanks

rage2
02-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
With too much throttle...

The C63 loves to cruise at 1200rpm in auto mode. From a standing start, with very little throttle, the car will shift at 1300rpm all the way into 7th.

dimi
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Once I can afford to buy new cars, every one of them will be broken in really hard on a dyno. In fact, I would even tow the car to the dyno, take it easy while its warming up like people said, then let her rip. Let it decelerate in gear too.

Cos
03-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by dimi
Once I can afford to buy new cars, every one of them will be broken in really hard on a dyno. In fact, I would even tow the car to the dyno, take it easy while its warming up like people said, then let her rip. Let it decelerate in gear too.

Except that the douche bags at the dealer, the guy taking it off the truck, hell even driving it around the shipping yard probably means that most of us miss that 20 mile window.

heavyD
03-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by dimi
Let it decelerate in gear too.

IMO engine braking is the key in braking in an engine. I broke in my last two new cars by following the manufacturers recommendations (babying the car for a the recommended period of time) and with both cars never had to add a drop of oil after. However I did do a lot of engine braking with both.

911fever
03-01-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/3638863-post31.html

interesting argument, is he out to lunch? or is this more specific to Vette's?

and on the manual, on page 252, it says:

The more cautiously you treat your vehicle during the break-in period, the more satisfied you will be with its performance later on.

Drive your vehicle during the first 1000 miles at varying but moderate vehicle and engine speeds.

Additional instructions for AMG Vehicles.
* During the first 1000 miles do not exceed a speed of 85mph
* During this period, avoid engine speeds above 4500 rpm in each gear
* Shift gears in a timely manner

Then at the bottom it says to obey applicable speed limits.

Cos
03-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 911fever
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/3638863-post31.html

interesting argument, is he out to lunch? or is this more specific to Vette's?

and on the manual, on page 252, it says:

The more cautiously you treat your vehicle during the break-in period, the more satisfied you will be with its performance later on.

Drive your vehicle during the first 1000 miles at varying but moderate vehicle and engine speeds.

Additional instructions for AMG Vehicles.
* During the first 1000 miles do not exceed a speed of 85mph
* During this period, avoid engine speeds above 4500 rpm in each gear
* Shift gears in a timely manner

Then at the bottom it says to obey applicable speed limits.

That argument is counter every other testimony I have read about hard break in. I dont agree with him.

I didnt bag it right out of the lot you build up to it.

G
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
A Chinese saying goes "Might as well since the hair is already wet"

Added carbon fibre trim and the LSD. Only option missing is the tele aid

Redlyne_mr2
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Good choice man, LSD is the most important option on a car like that.

rage2
03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Make sure you have ninja like reflexes when taking the car to the limit with LSD and ESP cranked off. It's pretty much go-kart sensitive when it comes to steering corrections!

Tons o' fun.

G
03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I will be careful. The S2K was pretty twitchy when the roads are cold too.

Make sure you have ninja like reflexes when taking the car to the limit with LSD and ESP cranked off. It's pretty much go-kart sensitive when it comes to steering corrections!

Tons o' fun.

Xtrema
03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by G
A Chinese saying goes &quot;Might as well since the hair is already wet&quot;

Haha, too bad I didn't stick with that motto or I would've got a C63 as well.

C4S
03-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Some friends of mine have it ..

Fast car .. really fast, and easy to go fast ..

Good value too!

However, I still dont like the sound that much, very "domestic" IMO.

dimi
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Except that the douche bags at the dealer, the guy taking it off the truck, hell even driving it around the shipping yard probably means that most of us miss that 20 mile window.

I don't know about you, but I would be SCREAMING if my car had more than 20 miles on it upon delivery (32 kms), specifically for break in reasons.

Mom's brand new 335xi had 5 kms on it.

As for breaking in, most of my experience comes with bikes. When the new R6 came out in 2006, many people took it straight to the dyno for an all out break in. Some babied the bike for the first few hundred km's and then dynoed. From what I remember on average the dyno broken in bikes were getting ~ 3-5 whp more than the softly broken in ones. That's a huge difference when you take into account that they have ~ 120whp.

G
03-16-2010, 09:10 AM
I was following a RS4 this morning when he WOT on Sarcee Trail from Bow to 17th. That thing sounds fucking amazing. Is the C63 louder or comparable? I personally think Audi owners are bigger douche bags than BMW owners they always seem to have an inferiority complex. This wait is killing me.

benyl
03-16-2010, 09:23 AM
C63 sounds better, unless he was aftermarket.

As for the RS4, there is one that wants to race on the way home all the time.

Yesterday, coming out of DT, there was a Matte Black AMG, and RS4 and a Obsidian Black AMG all in a row. When the light went green on 10th street, it sounded pretty good... lol

I waited 6.5 months. It is worth it.

benyl
03-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I am sure there are better clips out there, but here is what I found.

RS4:
ENeSjh2RGn4
inside:
ophTzYTrYJA

c63 fast forward to the 1 minute mark
Ds0jqnjsBIY
inside:
rl_IkCZ4b9c

rage2
03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Yesterday, coming out of DT, there was a Matte Black AMG, and RS4 and a Obsidian Black AMG all in a row. When the light went green on 10th street, it sounded pretty good... lol
Where was the RS4? All I saw was some douchebag in an Obsidian Black AMG waving at me wanting to race. It's rush hour! :thumbsdow

benyl
03-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Funny, I recall it was the guy in the matte black AMG who looked over, nodded and revved... In rush hour!!!

I was waving to say hello!

EDIT: there was an RS4 behind you after you ripped out of the alleyway onto 6th ave by the train tracks...

rage2
03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
I wasn't reving. I always drive in 4th gear at 80. vrooom vroom!

G
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
love is in the air :poosie:

rage2
03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Can't wait till you join the party! :rofl:

jonnycat
03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Off topic I know, but I just heard my boss bought an SL63AMG Black Series and I'm sure I'll never see it, like the rest of his fleet, but I had to tell someone, as it means nothing to non-car people here at work.

rage2
03-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Cool car. There's only 10 of 'em in Canada, and last I checked, it wasn't selling too well.

jonnycat
03-16-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure if he bought here or in the states. He usually keeps his good shit in Phoenix or Montana.

bubbley
03-16-2010, 12:04 PM
im still deciding between c63 or clk63 black series

Edit: add m3 vert to the list

:nut:

Hakkola
03-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
im still deciding between c63 or clk63 black series

I don't think the CLK black is available in Canada.

bubbley
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I don't think the CLK black is available in Canada.

definitely not..will have to import..there is a guy in van that imported on mbworld.

rage2
03-16-2010, 01:25 PM
It's impossible to import. You can, however, drive it up here using US plates/insurance. There's a guy on mbworld in Ontario that's doing that. He's the only Canadian driving a BS that I know of on mbworld. He couldn't even have the car shipped up, had to drive it up.

CLK Black Series is a much tighter car than the C63, handles like a proper track car. I wish I could get that here. I'd choose that over a C63 any day.

911fever
03-16-2010, 03:45 PM
It's impossible to import. You can, however, drive it up here using US plates/insurance. There's a guy on mbworld in Ontario that's doing that. He's the only Canadian driving a BS that I know of on mbworld. He couldn't even have the car shipped up, had to drive it up.

CLK Black Series is a much tighter car than the C63, handles like a proper track car. I wish I could get that here. I'd choose that over a C63 any day.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/339677-clk-black-canada.html

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/296438-clk-black-available-canada.html

what a brutal time that is to bring his car into canada... I guess Mercedes doesn't think there's a market here for Black Series?

bubbley
03-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/339677-clk-black-canada.html

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry/296438-clk-black-available-canada.html

what a brutal time that is to bring his car into canada... I guess Mercedes doesn't think there's a market here for Black Series?

Yeah, taking this one off the list lol...the car is one sweet sweet ride

The_Rural_Juror
03-16-2010, 03:55 PM
98 octane required for the black clk. What??!?!?

Hakkola
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
98 octane required for the black clk. What??!?!?

Probably meant mostly for Europe, lowest octane there is 95 I believe, it wouldn't be a problem to fill up with 98.

rob the knob
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
octane ratings different system in europe as other parts of world. 95 octane europe is close 91 here.

i would guess 98 europe like 94 here.

Originally posted by Hakkola

Probably meant mostly for Europe, lowest octane there is 95 I believe, it wouldn't be a problem to fill up with 98.

rage2
03-16-2010, 06:09 PM
That's the guy! Mercedes didn't bother with the car for Canada. They did OK the SL65 BS here though.

As for fuel, it's just a standard 63 engine. Premium gas works fine.

There was a CLK 55 DTM AMG here for the bullrun, that's an even cooler car than the CLK 63 BS.

The only way you can plate the CLK Black Series here is to find someone who's moving from US --> Canada on a work or student visa, but it under their name before they come up, and they can bring it in, plate + insure it under their name, and have you as a secondary driver. Even then, it can only stay here for a maximum of 4 years I believe, or when their visa expires.

Trust me, I've wanted this car for a while, and would've picked it up over a C63 anyday. It's just not possible.

G
06-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Performance Package
Premium Package
LSD
CF
Camera

G
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Start it up and my neighbor had to come over and drool on it.

G
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
God damn beast...whip lash forward and whip lash backwards. The brakes are HUGE! :nut:

Xtrema
06-22-2010, 10:48 AM
That's a wide garage.

( And nice whips too.... :D )