PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run =[

TommyEK4
02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Another hit and run, yesterday a guy deicides to back up and side swipe my car and take off.. I was at work and i got call from one of the sale's guy, i thought he was bsing me. But here it is ....:cry:

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/TommyEK4/IMG00686-20100216-1525.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/TommyEK4/IMG00685-20100216-1524.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/TommyEK4/IMG00684-20100216-1523.jpg

If anyone can hook me up with a mirror right now that be awsome.:clap:

Cozmanator
02-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Ah shit man, that sucks dude. I got hit and runned TWICE last month. Is the car your winter beater? If its your dd you may want to file a police report and see what insurance has to say ( assuming you got full and not liability). Good luck man!

scat19
02-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Do people not LOOK? Fuck man. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Any cameras?

syeve
02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Fuck I hate people

TommyEK4
02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't think my insurance will cover it, cause there were no witnesses. Across the allie there's a store with camera facing where my car is, but i don't they will catch there plate. This suckkkks xD

SCHIDER23
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Man that blows, i know your anger and pain, my car was hit down at the SAIT parking lot a few years ago right under the driver door, the funny thing was that the only car that could hit me was a lowered honda that always parked beside me, guess what the next day the ass parked on the opposite side what a coincidence..:thumbsdow

HondaKid
02-17-2010, 10:21 PM
It is getting to be time to mount cameras on our cars, I had the same situation last winter, a hit and run and the previous summer a nice key scratch along two panels. I am making a plan to have a couple of cameras mounted ASAP, need to dig up some ideas.

If I saw someone doing that I would follow the bastard, get a plate and go all Dexter on his ass.

signature7
02-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Op, sorry about your predicament. It really sucks, and makes me hate people because of stuff like this.

It's only a matter of time where car makers will have an option that when your car gets hit the cameras are activated and records its surroundings or you can manually record it when you wish (ie-pulled over by police)

On my car there's a 360 camera set up for parking, and a radio recorder PVR style feature thanks to a hard drive, if they refine the camera set up and go a little further in integrating hard drive to camera + sensors it will be made possible and easy to use.

TommyEK4
02-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah, they sent dispatch out today.. The shop next door, all the camera was a big U-haul looking truck trying to squeeze through. All orange, he stopped for like 5 secs, and then takes off douche bagggg

adidas
02-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by TommyEK4
Yeah, they sent dispatch out today.. The shop next door, all the camera was a big U-haul looking truck trying to squeeze through. All orange, he stopped for like 5 secs, and then takes off douche bagggg

Was there no writing on the side of the truck?

If this happened in a little strip mall, go into every store and ask if they get stuff delivered. If they say yes, then ask where and go from there.

TommyEK4
02-17-2010, 10:44 PM
It was at work, yeah thats the part that gets me. It was ALL orange, no writting what so ever. But it made no sense for the truck to try to pull through, unless there bussiness was some where around there in the back

riced
02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
fuck that sucks
happened to me a few months back at southcentre.. it sucks cause there's really nothing you can do about it either.

that bitch will get what he deserves.

krusso04
02-17-2010, 11:39 PM
That sucks man, happend to me last weekend at the train station... exact same damage to mine... mirror was on the ground and my door strip was hanging off :( didnt really care to much because its just my beater mini van tho :bigpimp:

TommyEK4
02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
haha lucky you... it was long term project bought the baby when i turned 14 and sprayed can it haha, but its suck got i mirror from snow_daniel, now i need to go find cheao door. Then coil over's!! =D

tobslau
02-18-2010, 12:03 AM
GL finding the guy, even it there is a low chance.
Maybe see why the Uhaul was in the parking lot?

Dam douchebags, good thing Karma's a bitch.

84stock
02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Capture a picture of the truck off the video and post it, someone might recognize it. When my car got hit, and the driver took off, we had so many witnesses and i had so much support that the driver fessed up the next day and her insurance took good care of everything.

King Banana
02-25-2010, 08:03 PM
^ I agree,

Get that tape, get it on the net and begin the hunt.

Police will hunt like a cat hunting for a Frisbee, beyond will hunt like a shark that smells blood.

Although, once the van is found you have still gotten nowhere because the police will still do nothing, it will be his word against yours.

cocoabrova
02-25-2010, 08:24 PM
there's always 5-ton trucks dropping off freight in our alley, plus the U-Haul place is right there too. I got side-swiped last winter in that alley but luckily it wasn't as bad as the damage on your car. What time roughly did it happen? Now I know to keep an eye out for an orange 1-ton/5-ton truck....

84stock
02-26-2010, 09:57 PM
There is always voluntary retribution by your peers.

~Touge/Wangan-
03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 84stock
Capture a picture of the truck off the video and post it, someone might recognize it. When my car got hit, and the driver took off, we had so many witnesses and i had so much support that the driver fessed up the next day and her insurance took good care of everything.
i just wish i had my bike out or the FC, she wouldn't have got away....

;)