PDA

View Full Version : Batman 3 (Dark Knight Sequel) is a go...

dino_martini
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
...but we won't see it until at least 2012.

I lost my link so I can't post a source. Reportedly Nolan is in the beginning stages of working on a story.

I loved the Dark Knight...I know some of you were not huge fans.

Should we speculate on who the villian(s) will be?

signature7
02-17-2010, 06:26 PM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069349p1.html

UK, February 16, 2010 - Some fresh Batman 3 rumours have hit the Net today, with a scooper – apparently from Warner Bros. – giving Comic Book Movies the lowdown on the plot for Christopher Nolan's sequel.

First up, we have to reiterate that – as with so much The Dark Knight sequel gossip we've heard in the last couple of years – this is unverified by the studio and thus should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The source claims that, with screenwriting beginning this month, the plot is already in place. We heard last week that David Goyer and Jonah Nolan might have already actually finished a first draft.

Furthermore, they claim that the villain of the piece is The Riddler and that Arkham Asylum will feature heavily in the story. Apparently several other classic Bat-villains will cameo – including The Penguin and Mr. Freeze (although only in his Dr. Fries incarnation).

According to the source, Barbara Gordon's role will be beefed up and Dick Grayson may also make an appearance, though probably not as Robin.

Finally and potentially most excitingly, Commissioner Gordon could name-check the Superman universe in the film, with Metropolis and Lex Luthor getting a mention. You'll remember that only last week TDK director Christopher Nolan was hired by WB to "godfather" new Superman films.

So there you go; some pretty juicy Bat-gossip, but we stress again that it should be treated as mere conjecture at this stage. Nonetheless, do you guys reckon any of the above ideas should make it into the finished script for Batman 3?

flipstah
02-17-2010, 09:47 PM
That's some juicy info, signature7! I'm excited for the Riddler and the Penguin!

Very classic villains. :thumbsup:

Mweh. *penguin noise.*

PureDeXteritY
02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Sweet, Riddler is an awesome villain
I would love to see Johnny Depp as Riddler, That would be SICK

Xtrema
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Superhero movies usually suck when they go from 2 villains to 3 or more.

Those gossip are actually pretty sickening. They are trying too hard to bring in Justice League.

jkupper
02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by PureDeXteritY
Sweet, Riddler is an awesome villain
I would love to see Johnny Depp as Riddler, That would be SICK

THIS

beecue
02-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I think DiCaprio will be Riddler since he is in Inception. Hopefully Superman will be good now too because Nolan is involved.

heinz256
02-19-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't think anyone can top Danny DeVito's Penguin imo.

el_fefes
02-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Most said the same of Jack Nicholson's Joker...

John Leguizamo as Penguin?:D

dingbathero
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Very Cool.

I would love to see Daniel-Day Lewis as either, as I think he could easily do both.

BigMass
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes
Most said the same of Jack Nicholson's Joker...

i still say

Originally posted by dingbathero
Very Cool.

I would love to see Daniel-Day Lewis as either, as I think he could easily do both.

i think he's just trying to stick to, you know, good movies

b_t
02-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Daniel-Day Lewis in a superhero film? Never, ever happening. Hell would not only have to freeze over, but it'd have to thaw out again for him to do that.

Fuck all these other villains. Catwoman. Bruce and Batman need a new love interest anyway, so might as well bring back one of his oldest and sexiest friends/foes

95EG6P
02-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
I don't think anyone can top Danny DeVito's Penguin imo.

+1

Xtrema
02-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Dexter as Riddler?

http://flicksided.com/2010/02/casting-couch-dexters-michael-c-hall-the-riddler/

Jlude
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Dexter would be a good fit as the Riddler...

Depp could be Riddler as well....

ANYTHING BUT CARREY!!!!
http://cravingideas.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/riddler.jpg

livinlarge89
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Michael C Hall would be a fantastic riddler, they wouldn't even have to tell him he was being filmed for batman, he could just be Dexter in a green suit

403Gemini
02-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by livinlarge89
Michael C Hall would be a fantastic riddler, they wouldn't even have to tell him he was being filmed for batman, he could just be Dexter in a green suit

Hmmm nah he should stick to Dexter... ever see Gamer? I rest my case...

Quiet10
02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I dunno, I liked him a lot in Gamer. The movie itself was terrible but I liked his performance? :dunno:

beecue
02-26-2010, 07:28 PM
:eek: Nolan involved with Batman, Superman and Justice League. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63700 That would be so awesome!

black13
02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Superhero movies usually suck when they go from 2 villains to 3 or more.

Those gossip are actually pretty sickening. They are trying too hard to bring in Justice League.

True for the most part but not in all cases.
Dark Knight had 3 villains. Two face/Joker/Scarecrow.
It all depends on how they handle it.

Awesome news regardless, I bet some sort of CGI Joker or John Levvit dubbing in as Heath Leadger will make a short appreance since Arkhym Assylum is gonna be featured.

signature7
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I think if they have 3 villains or moreand keep some to just cameos like in Dark Knight (Scarecrow) it'd work fine. I trust Nolan's judgment, I've like most of his movies.

Out of the rumors, Micheal C Hall, Leo, and Depp, I think I like Hall the best. Any of them would do a good job though IMO.

beecue
03-10-2010, 02:25 PM
It's official, Nolan is rebooting Superman. :clap:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/03/christopher-nolan-takes-flight-with-superman-we-have-a-fantastic-story-1.html

Zewind
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by beecue
It's official, Nolan is rebooting Superman. :clap:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/03/christopher-nolan-takes-flight-with-superman-we-have-a-fantastic-story-1.html

:hijack: