PDA

View Full Version : New Mitsubishi Lancer SE

Naijen
02-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi guys,

I am about to buy my first car in my life.

Within my budget, I think I will be getting a new Mitsubishi Lancer SE, because it looks not bad.

I went to the store today, and asked for the price, which is
$ 23,058 before tax. Can I negotiate the price with the sales person? If so, how much lower can I ask for?

I will appreciate for your responses and suggetions.

Thank you.

Shlade
02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
no its a brand new car.. unless its used and have some things wrong with it I highly doubt it.

Mr_ET
02-18-2010, 12:45 AM
excellent thread, would read again:thumbsup:

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
no its a brand new car.. unless its used and have some things wrong with it I highly doubt it.

I hope this was sarcastic.

Shlade
02-18-2010, 01:21 AM
mmm nope. Is a new car not final price..?

why would they bring the price down?

Disoblige
02-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
mmm nope. Is a new car not final price..?

why would they bring the price down?
Huh.. Are you for real? :rofl:

Reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill where Hank always buys a car at full price.

Shlade
02-18-2010, 01:24 AM
i sure am..

Is somebody going to answer the question? Or continue to be a smartass

Darkenergy
02-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Check out this http://forums.beyond.ca/st/293104/2009-lancers-on-the-cheap/

Shlade
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I figured the price was final on the brand new vehicles..

Then again ive only ever bought used.. Ive only knocked down prices on them.

Forget what i said then :nut:

Disoblige
02-18-2010, 01:31 AM
^^^

Ok ok lol, but I don't see what there is much to answer other than.. Yes, you can negotiate the price of a new vehicle.

There is M.S.R.P., right? That's the price the dealer wants you to pay. Then there is the price the dealer pays for the vehicle. Your goal is to get as close a price as the price they pay and the dealer's goal is to try to get you as close as MSRP as possible. This is the same as most businesses, you can haggle. I mean, for example.. If you purchase regularly or work up a package at a performance shop like Speedtech, you would expect to get better deal than just retail right?

Same as you would at a dealership where you work out your options you want and then decide on a price.

Wrinkly
02-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Naijen
Hi guys,

I am about to buy my first car in my life.

Within my budget, I think I will be getting a new Mitsubishi Lancer SE, because it looks not bad.

I went to the store today, and asked for the price, which is
$ 23,058 before tax. Can I negotiate the price with the sales person? If so, how much lower can I ask for?

I will appreciate for your responses and suggetions.

Thank you.

The best thing you can do is buy a report from www.carcostcanada.com If you go to a dealer with this, they will usually take you more seriously as well, and it cuts out a lot of the BS. :)

Naijen
02-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

Appreciate it.

I think I'll visit the store again maybe this weekend.

403Gemini
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Naijen
Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

Appreciate it.

I think I'll visit the store again maybe this weekend.

Dealership. They're called dealerships.

nj2Type-S
02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
would bringing a car cost canada report to a luxury brand dealership help for negotiations? i think i've asked this before (i apologize as i've forgotten which thread) but how effective are these reports when it comes to pricier vehicles?

Sorath
02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
luxury brand they tend not to budge, think about it, theres only 1 lexus store in calgary, both bmw's owned by same person. acura is hardly a luxury brand. i know they dont discount much at MB either

Dope7
02-19-2010, 12:17 AM
buy my 2008 outlander with 50k for 20,000$....it's faster than a ES lancer.:nut:

JustinGTP
02-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
luxury brand they tend not to budge, think about it, theres only 1 lexus store in calgary, both bmw's owned by same person. acura is hardly a luxury brand. i know they dont discount much at MB either

They are willing to sell a car like anyone else. Bring in that carcostcanada report and you will get a good deal, doesn't matter where. Just then depends on how much they can move. Not sure why you would make a statement like that.

Sorath
02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
because its all supply and demand related.

If the offer makes sense, they will bite. If it doesn't they'll tell you to go shove it. Just cause cost is a certain amount doesn't mean they have to drop their pants on it to earn a sale.