PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy OEM D2S Xenon Philips Bulbs

scat19
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
This is tough.

Sure, ebay has great prices (60 dollars for a pair vs 400+ at the dealer), but they're counterfeit - Why? They're shipped from Taiwan.

I asked the seller why shipping is 37 dollars. I know they jack up the shipping to make their money, but this answer was interesting. 26 dollars was the actual shipping cost... why? It's from Taiwan.

Real Philips bulbs are not manufactured in Asia, they are made in their UK HQ or USA.

Sigh.

And yes, for those people going to quote the headlight out thread, I borrowed some bulbs from my bro (mismatched colors though, one bulb is newer than the other) so there.

Does anyone know a place to get REAL bulbs for a decent price? I don't want some chinese shit to fuck up my HID system (The ballast is just not a ballast, it has the adaptive and bixenon functions built in)

TIA

max_boost
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
OEM so 4300K?
www.powerbulbs.com

Or more your style, 6000k? haha
www.powerbulbs.com
Good site to buy bulbs. I think it took 10days to get mine.

Quote: RLKHQ1883 for 10% off.

jdmsource
02-18-2010, 12:55 PM
i can get you the OSRAM Sylvania D2S bulbs for a decent price if interested

scat19
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Has to be phillips 85122.

Haha max you douche :poosie:

I def want 4300k

Any sites in USD/CAD? That site in the UK

max_boost
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Has to be phillips 85122.

Haha max you douche :poosie:

I def want 4300k

Any sites in USD/CAD? That site in the UK

Ironic coming from the BMW driver! :D

Yeah site is in UK but unless you need the bulbs tomorrow, it's a good site to get stuff from. How are the prices compared to ebay? :dunno:

scat19
02-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Ironic coming from the BMW driver! :D

Yeah site is in UK but unless you need the bulbs tomorrow, it's a good site to get stuff from. How are the prices compared to ebay? :dunno:

:bigpimp:

EBay are 60 a pair + ship. (I question authenticity)

There are some for 120 a pair, and the seller says "be aware of other sellers selling fake items". How true that is, or it's reverse psychology, I'm not sure.

benyl
02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Wow, I thought you didn't use your HIDs so that they would never burn out.

max_boost
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Wow, I thought you didn't use your HIDs so that they would never burn out.

haha brule lol :rofl:

scat19
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
:(

Prematurely burn out? :rofl:

On topic benyl!

HHURICANE1
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I know NAPA has them but they are wicked expensive.

Infusion
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
This is where I usually get most the stuff for my car jlevistreetwerks.com
They just don't have 4300k but they do have 6k if your interested.

luxor
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Real Philips bulbs are not manufactured in Asia, they are made in their UK HQ or USA.

Sigh.

I don't want some chinese shit to fuck up my HID system (The ballast is just not a ballast, it has the adaptive and bixenon functions built in)

TIA

:facepalm:

You don't know how HIDs work if you think a bulb can fuck up the adaptive and bi-xenon function. Are you that guy from E46fanatics who claims his cabin filter cause his check engine light?

scat19
02-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Infusion
This is where I usually get most the stuff for my car jlevistreetwerks.com
They just don't have 4300k but they do have 6k if your interested.

They don't have OEM bulbs, they have that ricer 6000k stuff. And their shipping is out to lunch, not a big fan of JLSW.

Originally posted by luxor

You don't know how HIDs work if you think a bulb can fuck up the adaptive and bi-xenon function. Are you that guy from E46fanatics who claims his cabin filter cause his check engine light?

Facepalm to your too there champ.

I'm not going to have a shitty D2S connector and bulb melt (I had P46 in my last car with xtec hid kit, ask how I know) and destroy my headlight. And if it creates a short it's going to destroy other things as well, like I mentioned.

So before you type your smart ass reply, think a little

HHURICANE1
02-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Chrysler Pacifica uses those bulbs, $130 each at the dealer.

luxor
02-18-2010, 03:46 PM

Facepalm to your too there champ.

I'm not going to have a shitty D2S connector and bulb melt (I had P46 in my last car with xtec hid kit, ask how I know) and destroy my headlight. And if it creates a short it's going to destroy other things as well, like I mentioned.

So before you type your smart ass reply, think a little

WOW, my point proven exactly. You are not buying a plug and play kit here. If you had any idea how HIDs work then you would know a bulb simply won't cause your ballast to short.

Think a little? Obviously you weren't thinking when you bought that shitty P46 with plug and play kit, no wonder you never had them on, they were that shitty.

Why don't you just stick with running only your angel eyes at night.

CRXguy
02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

scat19
02-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by luxor

WOW, my point proven exactly. You are not buying a plug and play kit here. If you had any idea how HIDs work then you would know a bulb simply won't cause your ballast to short.

Think a little? Obviously you weren't thinking when you bought that shitty P46 with plug and play kit, no wonder you never had them on, they were that shitty.

Why don't you just stick with running only your angel eyes at night.

Why the fuck are you pretending to be an absolute genious on the technology behind Xenon? When my bulb MELTED, read, MELTED - it shorted. When it shorted, it resulted in a fire, rendering the ballast usless, and lost my Angel eyes for that side along with the xenon light.

I had my ex-gf with me at the time, too bad I don't talk to her (obviously, and agree with my story.

If you're on E46F then you full well know about the CCFL AE fire problem along with the old Xtec xenon kits.

I simply stated I didn't want to run shitty bulbs due to what COULD happen. You read too far into the post with your "knowledge".

Thanks, I think I know what I'm trying to buy as I am asking for advice strictly on where to buy D2S BULBS.

How many people run P46's? Tard. Check out e46f and see every thread regarding p46's I'm in there shitting on it hard and wishing I did an oem conversion.

GTFO out my thread.

Any more HELPFUL replies, please post.

ryder_23
02-18-2010, 03:58 PM
About 4-5 years ago, i found Phillips d2s from uk on ebay for 90$ shipped for 2, and back then they were hella more expensive. Keep checking? Just saying that they are out there, and they were authentic.

If not, hidplanet.com has a market place, not sure if you've already checked there.

CRXguy
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
hidplanet doesnt sell new anymore

hampstor
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Closed at request of scat19 (OP).