PDA

View Full Version : 2009/10 looking to buy my first car

enzyme_007
02-19-2010, 03:34 AM
hey guys im looking at purchasing my first car, i am looking for something new under 16,000(lower the better)
these are some features im looking for
automatic
4 doors
ac
low gas consumption
very reliable.

i dont care about brand, or where it is made ect.

it seems like there is so much out there, kinda hard to get started,
also any websites that i should be looking at.
thanks

gqmw
02-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Civic? Lol

maxomilll
02-19-2010, 04:16 AM
^:werd:

4doorj
02-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Wait till march 10-14 and go to the new car and truck show. You can look at everything under 16000. If you don't care of the brand this is your best bet because most people on beyond are biased to certain brands

heavyD
02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
Wait till march 10-14 and go to the new car and truck show. You can look at everything under 16000. If you don't care of the brand this is your best bet because most people on beyond are biased to certain brands

Yep. Go walk around and sit in every car that you find attractive in your price range. Then go test drive the cars you narrowed down and go from there.

94boosted
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I would strongly recommend the Hyundai Elantra.

Hyundai has come a long way since the Pony :D and if I beleive the Elantra starts around 13,500+Taxes/Fees

GTi-RS
02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
You can also go and rent a car you may be interested in.

Test drives are nice but I find it takes a few days to start to really see it all.

Many different rental agencies in town have cars in that price range.

heavyD
02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
I would strongly recommend the Hyundai Elantra.

Hyundai has come a long way since the Pony :D and if I beleive the Elantra starts around 13,500+Taxes/Fees

Funny you should say that. I parked next to a newer one at the Superstore yesterday and noticed that all the paint had flaked off the rear door handle to bare plastic. I know they have come a long way but it's still hard to get over the fact that they undercut the competition so much that corners have to be cut somewhere.

enzyme_007
02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
thanks for the help guys, well i think i am going to look at getting a preowned car, i talked to a couple of people and they all said go for the honda, so i might try to pick up something between 06-08 for about 12-14000$ it seems like the preowned has all the extras that cost more on a new car.

beyond_ban
02-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Funny you should say that. I parked next to a newer one at the Superstore yesterday and noticed that all the paint had flaked off the rear door handle to bare plastic. I know they have come a long way but it's still hard to get over the fact that they undercut the competition so much that corners have to be cut somewhere.

Not to mention that the aesthetics of the car are similar to that of a baboons ass.

Graham_A_M
02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by enzyme_007
thanks for the help guys, well i think i am going to look at getting a preowned car, i talked to a couple of people and they all said go for the honda, so i might try to pick up something between 06-08 for about 12-14000$ it seems like the preowned has all the extras that cost more on a new car.

Meh, there are a lot of people that have owned or own Hondas from the late 80's to late 90's. From those generations, yeah it was hard to find a better, more fun, reliable car that just sipped the gas. Now (as of lately) I'd rate Honda as just a run of the mill car. Still not a bad choice, but I think one would be a fool to just look at a Civic, and NOTHING else. There are a lot of decent cars that are worth taking a serious look at. Dont let the brand specific fanboys of this forum sway your opinion.

wes_v
02-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by enzyme_007
I use to think the same way untill I started working at a car dealership, then i realized it is worth the extra money to buy a new car for warranty and such. Sure you save a bunch of money on a 2 year old car but the warranty left on it, if there is any will run out soon and may cost you a lot of money done the road if something were to go wrong.

Hamann
02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Yep. Go walk around and sit in every car that you find attractive in your price range. Then go test drive the cars you narrowed down and go from there.

Honestly just go around and start by looking at everything.

You have you list to narrow it down some (So no Vans, Trucks Sports Cars etc)

Most important is to test drive everything, best thing to remember is buy something you want/like, not what you think other people would like.

Of course make your own decision about it, and remember, If your parents are bank rolling the purchase they get final say, so don't be an idiot.