PDA

View Full Version : Wireless sticks

Daxin
02-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either Telus, Rogers, or Bell, in regards with wireless internet sticks and their performance. I am wondering what service is better and if Rogers or Telus is faster.

Thanx in advance.

TYMSMNY
02-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Only have experience with a Rogers wireless stick. No issue or problems with it. Speed isn't close to what a wired connection will give you but it does the job of emails and surfing just fine.

Its cell-phone based so choose one that has the best coverage IMO.

Thaco
02-20-2010, 12:58 AM
i have used rogers and fido, they work as you'd expect them to, way more reliable than the old pcmcia ones.

thetransporter
02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
i bought a verizon card, (3g) ebay 13 bucks shipped. i then activated it with westnet (it only works in certain areas of the city) so far i am happy. when i am downtown i just use their wifi, if you have a old telus or bell card it will work as well.

BenC
02-20-2010, 03:57 PM
I've used the old rogers 7.2mps one. Works fine. Nothing blazing fast. Anyone hear anything on the new 21mps?

WildWolf
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I am using the Bell stick. Went with it for the coverage as I travel between BC and AB a lot. No real problems with it.

Also like the plan. It is set up so they bill you the lowest rate each month. If you go over your allowed MB, they move you up to the next highest rate plan for that month. Next month you are back to the basic rate again.

thetransporter
02-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BenC
I've used the old rogers 7.2mps one. Works fine. Nothing blazing fast. Anyone hear anything on the new 21mps? .

how fast is your upload?